• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext 1 English predictions (2 Viewers)

empowered

HSC
Paper 1 past questions compiled:
  • Compose an Imaginative/Discursive which examines the possibilies and problems exposed by literary worlds. Include an unexpected journey into literary world that transforms an individual. 25 marker [2023]
  • Consider ideas about Literary Worlds common to texts 1, 2 and 3. Use these ideas as the basis of an imaginative response where you create a world with characters who represent divergent points of view. 25 marker [2022]
  • To Text 1, how does Yanagihara’s closing address challenge your understanding of the nature of literary worlds? 25 marker [2021]
  • Texts 1, 2, 3. Compare how the construction of literary worlds offers you new insights. Refer to TWO of the extracts provided. [2020]
  • A) Use Text 1 and Text 2, to what extent do both extracts resonate with your understanding of why we compose literary worlds? 10 marker. B) Use Text 2, using the character in Text 2 imagine a moment in which the past intrudes on this character’s fabricated world. Compose a piece of imaginative writing that explores this intrusion. 15 marker. [2019]

I'm predicting a 15/10 split with a critical + discursive piece 🥲
critical/discursive would feel too similar - surely not.
i reckon full 25 SOMETHING.

enchantedivory27

HSC
critical/discursive would feel too similar - surely not.
i reckon full 25 SOMETHING.
mmm well they havent done the split since 2019? rest has been 25ers, maybe that means they will split again, or maybe they dont like that and want us to do 25 critical or creative AGAIN. well im reusing my Mod C mostly so what will be will be oof

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)