Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
punkoohi said:
ARE U ALLOWED TO PICK UP EXT1 ENGLISH IN YEAR 12?
Umm...obviously... of course you can!
NB: Notice the sarcasm ~roll eyeS~

I am dropping Business Studies (YES!) in favour of 4 Unit English and History Extension... 11 units all the way!!

syera

HSC
N/A
amisha_amisha said:
Umm...obviously... of course you can!
NB: Notice the sarcasm ~roll eyeS~
I am dropping Business Studies (YES!) in favour of 4 Unit English and History Extension... 11 units all the way!!
LOL... you're a funny one amisha_amisha.
and i must say, my choices are very similar to yours. I am dropping chemistry, not business, however i struggled with this decision a lot.
And like YOU, i am picking up History Extension, and doing 4 UNIT English for year 12. 11 units for me too! =] :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is it Term 3 or the start of Term 4 that we get to choose whether or not we're going to pick up Extension subjects?

Farmers08

HSC
hey chemistry is really fun.... you cannot drop that for business can you? thats just boring...

HSC
Kujah said:
Is it Term 3 or the start of Term 4 that we get to choose whether or not we're going to pick up Extension subjects?
towards the end of term 3 your school probably will ask what your subjects will be next year and all.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I'll be dropping 1u Philosophy and picking up 1unit of English. I miiiight drop Ancient History sometime in Term 4, but I want to see how the HSC course is before I make any official decision.

van.tango

HSC
I don't know whether to drop Adv Maths or Chemistry. I'm failing Maths but I know if I dropped to General I'd probably get decent marks. I'm only getting 70s and 80s in Chem at the moment. I also don't know whether or not I'd be insane to do 4U English and 3U History...

HSC
really depends on you i guess. if youre more humanities based you can just drop chem and maths altogether and pick up EE2 and Ext Hist?

ellen.louise

HSC
punkoohi said:
ARE U ALLOWED TO PICK UP EXT1 ENGLISH IN YEAR 12?
Nope. I didn't actually get what that part was on about: dropping to general what?

I dropped Ancient History, picked up extension 2 maths and extension German, then I dropped extension German again. Leaving me with 11 units.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
van.tango said:
I don't know whether to drop Adv Maths or Chemistry. I'm failing Maths but I know if I dropped to General I'd probably get decent marks. I'm only getting 70s and 80s in Chem at the moment. I also don't know whether or not I'd be insane to do 4U English and 3U History...
Your completely insance. But so am I, cos thats what I wanna do, cos maths sucks

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Not picking up anything but will be dropping a subject. I'm just not sure what yet ..

You guys who are dropping chem are crazy ! Chem = <3 ! But yeah .. it does get a bit confusing .. but i love it.

Should I drop physics, ipt or engineering ? I want IPT because it's relatively easy and gives me some space from all thos demanding subjects but then physics and engineering go together alongside chem so well ! ><" ahhh ..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm quite the reverse. I want to pick up MX2 and History extension and drop CApps. I don't know whether or not I should go with 11 or 13 units.

Jachie

HSC
lol, I'm trying to decide between 10 units or 12. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. =/

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cfair said:
The subject I hate the most is my strongest :(. I'm in a predicament.
Kinda like me. I'm coming 2nd in Chemistry but its the subject most likely that I'll drop if I decide to go with 11 units.

cfair

Banned
HSC
Yeah... I'm coming first in legal by miles and find it really really easy but I almost fall asleep in class, how does legal scale compared to say economics?

Jachie

HSC
Shit. But that's in comparison to Eco, which scales heaps.

lol I'm like coming third last in Legal 'cause I screwed up the last (big) part in the half-yearly. :( I did decently in all the other assessments! fuckers.

cfair

Banned
HSC
So eco has really good scaling compared to legal?

argh...

I don't care about the whole "pick subjects you enjoy most" because i despise all of my subjects even though they areas i'm interested in, maybe i'll just keep them all then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)