Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
We do this halfway through term 3. We get all the blab on quotas etc but really, if you can't make those lax requirements you shouldn't want to do the extension course.

And to the imbecile above me who wanted to drop maths... :chainsaw:

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
So what if I'm dropping maths, if you dont need it, why stress about it-tool. I bet your doing 4 Unit.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
horny:
Not stressing about it...
just wondering how someone could possibly want to drop the most wonderfullest bestest funnest subject.

kpq_sniper017

is there anyway u can do ext 2 english without going to class, coz that'd be cool.

u can check out my subjects in my signature, but i'm not sure whether i should drop ext 1 english to do ext 2 maths.
since i'm doing ext 1 maths this year (and i don't want to repeat it), i'll have some extra time up my sleeves to do ext 2 maths.
but it'd be really cool if i could pick up ext 2 english as well, without having to go to class. coz i like creative writing etc, and if i didn't like it, i'd probably just drop it. only problem is that i'd end up with 14 units + 1 unit if i did ext 2 maths (but if i didn't repeat ext 1 maths, that'd be -3U = 12U in total + 3Us done this year)

Last edited by a moderator:

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i no their is like music 4 or sumthin, which i assume is 4u music and it might be the same in art... but im almost sertain that there is some thype of ext 4 art, cos i no som1 that applyed (althou didn get in)... but they are rare and difficult 2 get in2...

Estel

Tutor
HSC
There is music 1 and music 2, both of which are mutually exclusive 2u courses, and then you have ext. music (only for music 2 students).

No ext. art either.

Just go to board of studies and check complete list of subjects...
If there are courses other than these they are being tailored by the school with board approval and cannot count for UAI.

astro

HSC
Originally posted by Estel

No ext. art either.

Just go to board of studies and check complete list of subjects...
If there are courses other than these they are being tailored by the school with board approval and cannot count for UAI.
That's what i told my friend...but no she thought i was lying to her jeopardize her future...she also thought that 3u eco still existed...i think they scraped it when the new HSC was implemented

astro

HSC
4 unit science? How could nebody do such a thing...then again i don't even do a single unit of science...the subject i do to science is mathematics and even in that i'm sorta struggling...i'm doing four units of history right though

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by astro
That's what i told my friend...but no she thought i was lying to her jeopardize her future...she also thought that 3u eco still existed...i think they scraped it when the new HSC was implemented
Yeah, 3U Art used to exist before the new HSC, because my new art teacher did it (she did the HSC not long before the new one came in).
She said that there were two different types: extension prac and extension theory. She said that everyone she knew chose the practical one, because to do the theory-based one you could be asked anything about any artwork or artist in the exam, and that you had to be practically an art freak who only read art books in spare time.
Or maybe she was just embellishing the truth due to her extreme stupidity.:rolleyes:

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Originally posted by PaleReflection
:eek: There's no such thing!

I can assure you that there is such thing...are you familiar with the HSC art course???

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
omal- suddenly i realise why you are all saying there is no such thing as ext art..silly, very silly :p, it doesn't go towards UAI.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
Originally posted by Sheehan16
oh yeah Jamil u might want to fix up ur sigi hehehehehhe its not that hard
i think your talkn about the link at the bottom.. well i dont know how :mad: can yu help?

so their was 4u science... hmmm cool...
im doin 6units 2 neway...
but it be kool 2 have
4u maths
3u physics
3u chemistry
2u biology (back-up :))

n i wish they would get rid of english... if i didn have 2 do it i wouldn....

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
looks like Jamil is following in Estel's footsteps....

*notes: AIM: UAI 100+*

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by JamiL
so their was 4u science... hmmm cool...
im doin 6units 2 neway...
but it be kool 2 have
4u maths
3u physics
3u chemistry
2u biology (back-up :))
you gotta be kidding me. you'd die. 4 units of science refers to the course "4 unit science" just like 4 unit maths, not 3 unit physics etc :) though they did have the standard subjects we have now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)