• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

E

eling

Silver Persian said:
3U English
3U Maths
2U Modern
1U History Extension
2U Economics

And a vague possibility of doing 4 unit english...

THAT"S EXCATLY WOT IM GONNA DO!!!

E

eling

except fot the 4 unit english bit..i dunno if i'll be able to handle that many extensions

coroneos

just a quick 5c from me..

DROP ANY SCIENCES IF U CAN!!!

The Board of Studies srsly need to fkn change the Physics syllabus.. It is amusing to see how much time people spend trying to cover the 600page Jacaranda book when i spend 1/10 the time on economics ~300page book.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
coroneos said:

The Board of Studies srsly need to fkn change the Physics syllabus.. It is amusing to see how much time people spend trying to cover the 600page Jacaranda book when i spend 1/10 the time on economics ~300page book.
lol! i can see this guy HATES science. i dunno if i've already replied to the original post thingy but yeah, the subjects i want to do next year are:

4U eng [still thinking, not sure if i'm capable of doing well in 4u];
2u maths;
visual arts;
ancient history; and
maybe ext. history [still thinking, dunno if i'm capable of this either]

i wanna drop hospitality now cause of the work placement and cause of the week that they put me on work placement for yr12 in term4.

wootzer

i think i'll be picking up 4u maths because ext1 isn't that bad and beside, i enjoy mathematics. "a number cruncher"
ill be keeping my chem and physics because they have interesting topics, astronomy..oOoOo
im thinking of dropping eng adv to standard because my mind tends to favour in maths and calculation than essay writing.

classics_chic

HSC
glycerine said:
We just got our application forms...on top of 4u Eng I've decided to pick up extension history... what about everyone else?
in terms of dropping mine is a toss up between ancient, legal and drama (so... um... everything but modern) but at the moment it's looking like drama.
Don't Drop Ancient! (sorry, I live for ancient history)

4u English AND Extension History is a hell of a lot of work- I know, I did it. (But then again, I did Extension German as well.)

Luthien

Somewhere in the wilderness of my crazy mind
HSC
I'm considering 4 unit maths, if i do i'll drop a subject (likely MH), then i don't knowhow it will affect my UAI. I want more than 10 units for HSC, so i have a fall back subject if i didn't go all that brilliantly in one of my subjects.

K

katie_tully

afta??? said:
does that mean u r doin 2 years work in one year?? (pdhpe)
yeah it does.
i start the prelim in term 4 as well as the HSC course, but I finish the prelim in term 2 next year and the HSC in term 4...so it's the two courses at once...but i figure coz im pissing maths and either indus tech or chemistry off, ill fit it in. ill end up with 14 units either way,

Insanity

HSC
Extension 1 Maths
Legal Studies
Economics
Extension 2 English

Picking up Extension 2 English .. :p Unsure whether to drop it or not next year cause of the scaling - it's pretty much the same as Extension 1 English so yeah ...
Dropped (or planning to drop) Chem, cause yeah .... good scaling, just too bad I can't too well in it.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
coroneos said:

lets see if i take this guys advice
my current subject r
Phy
Chem
Ext 1 Maths
Mathematics (accell)
bio
english
SOR1
lets see if i take this guys advice
id have 2 do:
Ext 2 English
SOR2
Ext 2 Maths
that is 10 units... hmmm
how about NO!
ill keeps my science and just to let u no eco is a science a social science:p
hey mabey u should drop it

afta???

HSC
u r playing around with words....
u well know that he meeant science as those that study animals, chemical compositions and the laws of movements........
let me tell u that maths can be said to be a science too so y not drop it if u stick by ur interpretation of science
science is defined as activities of inquiry or study

sorry........i am just so by coroneos' side.......he luvs eco n that is all u need to gain my blinded support

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
classics_chic said:
Don't Drop Ancient! (sorry, I live for ancient history)

4u English AND Extension History is a hell of a lot of work- I know, I did it. (But then again, I did Extension German as well.)
i've done 4u english, finito (in 17 days :p)
i've decided to drop drama and keep ancient + ext history (prolly modern)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
afta??? said:
u r playing around with words....
u well know that he meeant science as those that study animals, chemical compositions and the laws of movements........
let me tell u that maths can be said to be a science too so y not drop it if u stick by ur interpretation of science
science is defined as activities of inquiry or study

sorry........i am just so by coroneos' side.......he luvs eco n that is all u need to gain my blinded support
oh no sorry i dont no.... and silly me yu are right maths is a science 2, and by ur definition afta every class is a science because we study in every class, n have inquires on topics we dont understand.
EVERY1 DROP EVERY SUBJECT N GO BECOME A PLUMMER...

zergcave

HSC
ooo drama...interesting..its one of those subjects where given the ability and confidence, you can excel without any real sort of higher thinking as in maths and friggin english. likewise with history - cram shit into ur brain and write the essay. no complicated thinking needed.

As with our friend belinda [belly moo], i regret to tell you that there is no hope in the universe for you in passing ext. maths (mayb not even 2unit). Sorry.

afta???

HSC
zergcave said:
no hope at all.....
let me tell u ....... if girls fall behind they hav a chance of catching up later
but usu if boys lag n slack they're doomed

zergcave

HSC
you are implying that gurls are somewhat superior to boys (boys other than myself)...
parhaps they are? is there evidence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)