Extension (1 Viewer)

bob fossil

HSC
how did i shoot myself in the foot..........
i never said bio was harder than them..........

i dont fukin get u............why are u complaining its too easy..dont u want a abnd6

I do want a band 6 I would rather it be more challanging tho.

I got 94 in my last exam and came about 40th in my year. Its piss easy.

alex09hsc

HSC
u see u ignorant little shit.................there are like what, 60000 people attempting the hsc each year.....................................

why should it be amended to suit you.

bob fossil

HSC
u see u ignorant little shit.................there are like what, 60000 people attempting the hsc each year.....................................

why should it be amended to suit you.

Why is there 4 unit maths, 4 unit english, ext history?

To suit the more advanced students.

Senior science and Biology are too alike.

alex09hsc

HSC
you just dont get it

There are numerous reason why it cant and wont happen

Maths and english are a lot more general than sciences (particularly maths)

This allows most school, even lower ranked school to offer ext. courses. plenty of the bottom 200 school cant even offer ext 2.

introduing additional sciences will further the distances between higher and lower schools..................im betting only the top 200 schools would be able to undertake such courses...

This topic isnt new, it has been discussed briefly before but has been dismissed for obvious reasons..................

Honestly because the idea of an ext science looks good to the nerds on this site........................................doesnt mean jack

jet

Banned
HSC
4 unit maths is about 10% of first year uni. There is no guarantee that doing 4 unit = pass in first year.

alex09hsc

HSC
hsc is meant to prepare u for tertiary education not fukin throw u into uni at year 11

alex09hsc

HSC
it's easy yeah but its not like everyone can find it that way.........

all ur moronic ideas r unreasonable................
dont u think there's enough courses to choose from...

if u want courses to be too advanced the fukin teacher wont even be able to teach!!!!!!!!!!

alex09hsc

HSC
no wtf i wanted that line for a free and 4 unit was placed there

Matt2233

HSC

if u want courses to be too advanced the fukin teacher wont even be able to teach!!!!!!!!!!
He has a point here, many science teachers wouldn't be able to cope teaching courses more challenging then currently offered.

bob fossil

HSC

How is refining the bio course and makin it harder to its in line with chem and physics unreasonable?

I know i probs wont ever happen but it seams fair if it did.

jet

Banned
HSC
There are other considerations which need to be taken into account for these 'extension' subjects.

For example, most of physics cannot be done without a sound knowledge of calculus and associated mathematical methods, and BOS cannot just assume that you're doing 2u maths if you're doing physics 'extension'.

Implementing subjects like this would require a major shift in the syllabi of many different subjects. It's just too radical.

We couldn't do any maths in cosmology because they had to assume we only knew Stage 5.1 maths. It was disappointing for me, but that's how it works (we did have someone who only accelerated in 4 unit english).

alex09hsc

HSC
lol well it would be a first cos i didnt think any ofmy other subjects got harder in yr 12
ur a fukin douche

bob fossil

HSC
There are other considerations which need to be taken into account for these 'extension' subjects.

For example, most of physics cannot be done without a sound knowledge of calculus and associated mathematical methods, and BOS cannot just assume that you're doing 2u maths if you're doing physics 'extension'.

Implementing subjects like this would require a major shift in the syllabi of many different subjects. It's just too radical.

We couldn't do any maths in cosmology because they had to assume we only knew Stage 5.1 maths. It was disappointing for me, but that's how it works (we did have someone who only accelerated in 4 unit english).

Yeah we all know it cant happen but ext physics with 4 unit maths in it would be awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)