External transfer USYD Commerce/Law (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys,

I am doing a combined law/commerce degree, and may consider trasnferring to USYD law/commerce next year (after 1 year of uni). Basically, the issue for me, is whether my commerce units will be credited to my commerce degree in USYD. This is because on USYD's business school website, it says (as of 2nd sem 2011- if I recall correctly), that they will not be crediting commerce units from external institutions anymore.

Is there another way around this, something that I am not interpreting clearly here?
If not, does that mean I will have to do all core commerce units again (basically wasting a year?)
I really need more insight in relation to this topic. Preferrably experiences of people in the same situation.

Thanks guys!

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
You are answering your own question.
Yes you have to do them again, and yes they are not going to give you credit if they said so.

rayy_bann

HSC
You are answering your own question.
Yes you have to do them again, and yes they are not going to give you credit if they said so.
Well i know that. But i was also asking if there was any background information that i was missing. So essentially, no I'm not entirely answering my question.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Well i know that. But i was also asking if there was any background information that i was missing. So essentially, no I'm not entirely answering my question.
basically the uni needs more money to maintain the sandstone buildings :D.
it's the same thing as how the law faculty will only give you credit for 1st year law subjects.

izzy88

HSC
it's the same thing as how the law faculty will only give you credit for 1st year law subjects.
Not entirely sure what you mean by 'first year subjects' (ie. usyd 'first year' or another uni 'first year) considering some uni's have subjects in a different order. ... eg.

When my sister transferred from ANU law to USYD law in 2010 she got credit for all her ANU law subjects (they do 4 in first year instead of 2 - ie. she got credit for Foundies, Torts, Contracts and the Legal Profession). Although ANU has the Legal Profession in first year, at USYD it is a 2000 level law subject and not done until fourth year combined law (but she still got credit for it).

As for OP - sorry I can't help on the commerce side of things.

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad
just call up the commerce faculty, thats the fastest and easiest method.

UNSWs

HSC
N/A
Did anybody find the answer to this? I can't even find this policy on the website... Thinking about UNSW commerce-> commerce/law @ usyd

Meshy590

HSC
Did anybody find the answer to this? I can't even find this policy on the website... Thinking about UNSW commerce-> commerce/law @ usyd
I am in a similar position to you, but I'm doing B Eco instead of B Comm.

here is what Usyd said to me today:

"The recent precedents for credit assessments for the UNSW units of study quoted are:

ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A: approved for UNSP1006 Unspecified Junior Economics
ECON1101 Microeconomics: approved for ECON1001 Introductory Microeconomics
ECON1203 Business & Economic Statistics: approved for ECMT1010 Business & Economic Statistics A
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Management: approved for ACCT1006 Accounting & Financial Management (from the Business School)"

funstudy

HSC
So USYD does take into consideration the UNSW core courses?

kwu1

HSC
Try the Business Student Information office, they will tell you what units will be credited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)