"F*CK this shit" Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I think HSC is fun lol.. I don't really see why people stress over it.

But then again I'm not doing any challenging subjects like 4unit maths or extension 2 english or extension 2 history or astronautics or quantim physics or rocket engineering etc

So I probably have no say in this.

meh
If you take out HSC exams, sure.

HSC is 'fun'.

Examine

same
HSC
I think HSC is fun lol.. I don't really see why people stress over it.

But then again I'm not doing any challenging subjects like 4unit maths or extension 2 english or extension 2 history or astronautics or quantim physics or rocket engineering etc

So I probably have no say in this.

meh
I generally don't find it too bad either, probably the worst part is the lack of sleep during Tuesdays and Wednesdays because of morning lessons.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I think if I had a more comfortable commute to school, things would be a little different.

Not talking profound changes, but my lack of sleep is really annoying and I envy anyone who wakes up at 7:00AM or later, or comes home at 3:00PM.

Really, I think it is the hype of the HSC which stresses everyone out. If the HSC was not construed as the 'be-all end-all' as it often is, or "fail it and you are on the inevitable path to failure", I think more students would get themselves together and actually do well. It's just that little bit harder to work when stress and negativity surrounds all aspects of the HSC. When you're outside before an exam and talk to a few students, your stress level would most likely increase profoundly because everyone would be anxious and worried about what would happen to their rank, because they have bought into the misconception that failing an exam is failing their life.

Anyone that states what I'm saying is the minority, is the brimming demonstration of intellectual dishonesty. This site is considered an excellent representation of the state's students, yet post-half yearly exams, threads were made regarding "I screwed up my life" (to use the correct verbatim about it, anyway) or "Is it over?". That's why if one failed, or to put it in a more appropriate manner, did not achieve as they were hoping; they are demotivated and cannot work. They see no hope of improving, because they did so bad, and others did so well; "it is impossible to catch up, it is impossible to redeem myself". When one is to purchase a HSC 'success one' (or something to the effect of that - the one with past HSC questions), what's at the front? Students that attain state ranks in a particular subject, they are the representative of 'success'.

The teachers mentality which is forced upon the students, just serves to worsen the situation. When a teacher is reiterating the importance of scoring excellently in the HSC, or is talking about new study methods every week, the student becomes instinctively stressed. Or likewise with a meeting before exams, highlighting the importance of doing well. Heck, my coordinator said that a friend of his did not do well in the half yearlies, and ended up being a bricklayer. This is not just said, without having an effect on the students. I can just imagine what someone would have felt like if they failed numerous exams. It is like getting a car which is worth $1000, and reinforcing the price on a daily basis, that somehow it turns into $10,000, and that falsely becomes its believed monetary value.

I think doing well in the HSC is important, but it is not the decider of one's life. If it was, I'd be studying 24/7.

Last edited:

MattVing

HSC
You guys who are complaining about uni, just wait for work. Work will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!
You guys who are complaining about work, just wait for retirement. Retirement will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!

3XD

HSC
N/A
So many people give up at this time of the year, makes it easier for the ones who don't lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You guys who are complaining about work, just wait for retirement. Retirement will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!
You guys who are complaining about retirement, just wait for death. Death will throw everything , and I mean everything at you.

Harden up!

inb4reincarnationheavenhellghostetc

Project2036

HSC
I think if I had a more comfortable commute to school, things would be a little different.

Not talking profound changes, but my lack of sleep is really annoying and I envy anyone who wakes up at 7:00AM or later, or comes home at 3:00PM.

Really, I think it is the hype of the HSC which stresses everyone out. If the HSC was not construed as the 'be-all end-all' as it often is, or "fail it and you are on the inevitable path to failure", I think more students would get themselves together and actually do well. It's just that little bit harder to work when stress and negativity surrounds all aspects of the HSC. When you're outside before an exam and talk to a few students, your stress level would most likely increase profoundly because everyone would be anxious and worried about what would happen to their rank, because they have bought into the misconception that failing an exam is failing their life.

Anyone that states what I'm saying is the minority, is the brimming demonstration of intellectual dishonesty. This site is considered an excellent representation of the state's students, yet post-half yearly exams, threads were made regarding "I screwed up my life" (to use the correct verbatim about it, anyway) or "Is it over?". That's why if one failed, or to put it in a more appropriate manner, did not achieve as they were hoping; they are demotivated and cannot work. They see no hope of improving, because they did so bad, and others did so well; "it is impossible to catch up, it is impossible to redeem myself". When one is to purchase a HSC 'success one' (or something to the effect of that - the one with past HSC questions), what's at the front? Students that attain state ranks in a particular subject, they are the representative of 'success'.

The teachers mentality which is forced upon the students, just serves to worsen the situation. When a teacher is reiterating the importance of scoring excellently in the HSC, or is talking about new study methods every week, the student becomes instinctively stressed. Or likewise with a meeting before exams, highlighting the importance of doing well. Heck, my coordinator said that a friend of his did not do well in the half yearlies, and ended up being a bricklayer. This is not just said, without having an effect on the students. I can just imagine what someone would have felt like if they failed numerous exams. It is like getting a car which is worth $1000, and reinforcing the price on a daily basis, that somehow it turns into $10,000, and that falsely becomes its believed monetary value.

I think doing well in the HSC is important, but it is not the decider of one's life. If it was, I'd be studying 24/7.
word

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I agree mostly with your argument, but I disagree on this point. This site is a poor representation of the mindset of the general student population, because the site is self-selecting of students who place a high importance on education.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree mostly with your argument, but I disagree on this point. This site is a poor representation of the mindset of the general student population, because the site is self-selecting of students who place a high importance on education.
Perhaps I was not clear in the way I expressed my statement.

Basically, what I was saying is that even on this site, where the students are excellent compared to the rest of the state, even people still think their 'life is over' because of screwing up the half yearlies.

Incorrect wording, where I intended to say "compared" to the rest of the states students.

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, HSC is easy and not lying, I didn't find it ridiculously hard when I did it.

Put simple, HSC is easy.

University is a lot hard and a much bigger workload.

Bottom line, this is harsh but get used to it.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, HSC is easy and not lying, I didn't find it ridiculously hard when I did it.

Put simple, HSC is easy.

University is a lot hard and a much bigger workload.

Bottom line, this is harsh but get used to it.
In retrospect, anything is easy once you have overcome the challenge.

Utility

HSC
N/A
Again, you didn't prove anything. I hope it is not Allah that forms part of your little worldview. Truly, I hope not; because that is such a cliché. Everybody lives in delusion; that is due to the nature of everybody having a worldview. Social conditioning is the greatest proponent of religion. Of course, I'm sure you think you know the answer, but you truly don't. Also, start studying texts at tertiary level before you think you truly understand this "debate". That would be an absolute minimum.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
God is real.
No, you don't know that.

One can conjecture about anything which hasn't been proven.
Innuendo, speculation and utter deviation from the factual presentation of the ideological circumstances.

Debate with me.

Take it off this thread, yo.
Again, you didn't prove anything. I hope it is not Allah that forms part of your little worldview. Truly, I hope not; because that is such a cliché. Everybody lives in delusion; that is due to the nature of everybody having a worldview. Social conditioning is the greatest proponent of religion. Of course, I'm sure you think you know the answer, but you truly don't. Also, start studying texts at tertiary level before you think you truly understand this "debate". That would be an absolute minimum.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=106355&page=166

Take it there.

HSC
english is depleting my motivation for HSC, because I feel there's no way I can do good in it. English will ultimately decide which uni I go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)