"F*CK this shit" Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
Honestly, HSC is easy and not lying, I didn't find it ridiculously hard when I did it.

Put simple, HSC is easy.

University is a lot hard and a much bigger workload.

Bottom line, this is harsh but get used to it.
The fact that the HSC was easier for you is in no way an argument that it is easy for everyone.

If a student is capable of 98, but aims and achieves 75, of course it's not hard. There are some students who may not be capable of hitting the mid-high 90s, yet want to do med or law at top uni's. It's going to be pretty damn hard for them.

Besides students' goals, every single person is different in terms of stress. Students who don't know how to study become really stressed because they study so hard with no rewards and students with outside pressure become really stressed.

Not everyone's experience is the same as yours.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I didn't really get motivated until a few days ago.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Yeah lol sorry guys the HSC is nothing compared to uni have fun staying up till 2 am consistently. You think you'll have a life in uni but you won't. Sorry to break the news! But on a more optimistic point of view, if you're doing what you love, then it's good :)

iBibah

HSC
Yeah lol sorry guys the HSC is nothing compared to uni have fun staying up till 2 am consistently. You think you'll have a life in uni but you won't. Sorry to break the news! But on a more optimistic point of view, if you're doing what you love, then it's good :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If this really is your perspective, then something is wrong, regardless of your degree.

MK2308

HSC
anyone else now saying "why do i even bother with this?"

this is me everyday....i cant be bothered for the hsc anymore!!!
Agreed. Only because I am not doing well in my subjects and I'm thinking why am I even doing this, I'm just passing most of my subjects.. This is making me complaining everyday and even I'm sick of myself complaining that I'm not going to do well. Pessimist right here.

RishBonjour

HSC
In retrospect, anything is easy once you have overcome the challenge.
this. Don't become one of those annoying cunts 'oh hsc was so easy, wait till uni'. Obviously uni is harder (you cover twice as much content as the HSC in 13 weeks - once you're behind, no catching up - well at least for me). But its a lot less stressful, there is no 'ATAR'.

As one of my tutors pointed out 'It doesn't get any easier'. Basically, life won't get easier!

Unless you do photography or someshit.

english is depleting my motivation for HSC, because I feel there's no way I can do good in it. English will ultimately decide which uni I go.
You are on the same boat as maaaaany people (particularly people who ignored english throughout the year). I spent the last whole week before english exam just doing english, don't know how I got higher than 75. You'll be fine.

that really depends, if you're trying to get HDs in everything (science adv) yeah probably. Most people don't care as much.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I find that uni, even if the work is harder, is far less consuming than the HSC. (Though I guess it depends how you approach the HSC) I did lots of things outside of school in HSC, but the hype and hype on one number seemed way more consuming, I find at uni you are left to be independent and you just do your work and assessments along the way don't seem to have the same magnitude (yes I will be stressed for the final exams, but in the HSC I'd be stressed for 15% weighting tasks and I don't even bat an eyelid in comparison for uni).

The uni life is way more fun, even in a science degree you are at uni less time than school, more time for shenanigans and you have such freedom. Like even though I practically had a house to myself and a car in the HSC, it just doesn't compare to the freedom of uni.

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Got to agree with some here, after half yearlies I have taken it relatively easy. Although this weekend has been a turn around and I'm now starting from here on to do plenty of quality study and work each day.

Also I don't think HSC work is technically 'hard' or that strenuous, what makes me hate the HSC is the ranking system; It's both a motivator and a means for depression. You do extremely well rank wise at one point and then you stuff up later on and suddenly you find yourself down the back end of a class or two... it does motivate me to work harder to fix this 'problem' but it truly plays havoc on my mind.

pscecelia

HSC
AMEN everyday I come home from school and youtube shit which waste the entire ARVO....ahhahahhahahah but yeah pick up your game mate!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
AMEN everyday I come home from school and youtube shit which waste the entire ARVO....ahhahahhahahah but yeah pick up your game mate!
Not a good habit haha. The irony of your statement lol.

HSC
omg

atar define your life etc etc

you do realise by 2nd year uni, everyone has transferred into the courses they want to be in practically and no one even thinks about the HSC ever again?

get it done and realise it's just a tiny hill compared to the mountain ahead of you

HSC
i thought that your atar is still considered with your uni score, if you want to transfer? So the atar still counts when you want to transfer

Capo

HSC
I think if I had a more comfortable commute to school, things would be a little different.

Not talking profound changes, but my lack of sleep is really annoying and I envy anyone who wakes up at 7:00AM or later, or comes home at 3:00PM.

Really, I think it is the hype of the HSC which stresses everyone out. If the HSC was not construed as the 'be-all end-all' as it often is, or "fail it and you are on the inevitable path to failure", I think more students would get themselves together and actually do well. It's just that little bit harder to work when stress and negativity surrounds all aspects of the HSC. When you're outside before an exam and talk to a few students, your stress level would most likely increase profoundly because everyone would be anxious and worried about what would happen to their rank, because they have bought into the misconception that failing an exam is failing their life.

Anyone that states what I'm saying is the minority, is the brimming demonstration of intellectual dishonesty. This site is considered an excellent representation of the state's students, yet post-half yearly exams, threads were made regarding "I screwed up my life" (to use the correct verbatim about it, anyway) or "Is it over?". That's why if one failed, or to put it in a more appropriate manner, did not achieve as they were hoping; they are demotivated and cannot work. They see no hope of improving, because they did so bad, and others did so well; "it is impossible to catch up, it is impossible to redeem myself". When one is to purchase a HSC 'success one' (or something to the effect of that - the one with past HSC questions), what's at the front? Students that attain state ranks in a particular subject, they are the representative of 'success'.

The teachers mentality which is forced upon the students, just serves to worsen the situation. When a teacher is reiterating the importance of scoring excellently in the HSC, or is talking about new study methods every week, the student becomes instinctively stressed. Or likewise with a meeting before exams, highlighting the importance of doing well. Heck, my coordinator said that a friend of his did not do well in the half yearlies, and ended up being a bricklayer. This is not just said, without having an effect on the students. I can just imagine what someone would have felt like if they failed numerous exams. It is like getting a car which is worth $1000, and reinforcing the price on a daily basis, that somehow it turns into $10,000, and that falsely becomes its believed monetary value.

I think doing well in the HSC is important, but it is not the decider of one's life. If it was, I'd be studying 24/7.
+1. Not to mention the peer pressure and the typical "If you don't do well in exams you'll become a toilet cleaner for the rest of your life" mentality that are just drilled into some of us by egoistical and harsh parenting.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Got to agree with some here, after half yearlies I have taken it relatively easy. Although this weekend has been a turn around and I'm now starting from here on to do plenty of quality study and work each day.

Also I don't think HSC work is technically 'hard' or that strenuous, what makes me hate the HSC is the ranking system; It's both a motivator and a means for depression. You do extremely well rank wise at one point and then you stuff up later on and suddenly you find yourself down the back end of a class or two... it does motivate me to work harder to fix this 'problem' but it truly plays havoc on my mind.
Exactly

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
+1. Not to mention the peer pressure and the typical "If you don't do well in exams you'll become a toilet cleaner for the rest of your life" mentality that are just drilled into some of us by egoistical and harsh parenting.
+1. It does not help, when parents (especially Asian) say "you will achieve nothing in life", when they base it on numbers only...;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)