Failed MATH1081 (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
So what does that mean? My supp mark is 43, I'm aware I have to repeat, but is there anything else that will happen?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless MATH1081 is a prerequisite for another subject, nothing else is supposed to happen...

Demise

HSC
It's not a prereq, so it's not stopping anything. I'm just going to repeat it next year where I'm more mature about studies (and actually attend lectures).

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
you have to overload on units, or you have to extend your degree, or pay for summer school or you can ask for a special consideration (if its like 48 or something)

Demise

HSC
Yeah, overloading will be quite easy, I don't mind lol.

Emily Howard

HSC
your gpa will b affected but shouldnt b too bad son

if ur comwealth place den u will hav to pay again to repeat the course so lyk $600

dw it happens, look at engineerin students

Demise

HSC

if ur comwealth place den u will hav to pay again to repeat the course so lyk $600

Doesn't a 3rd year course outweigh a first year? And HECS covers a course two or three times (from what I read), not only one.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I don't think science subjects are subsidised anymore.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't a 3rd year course outweigh a first year? And HECS covers a course two or three times (from what I read), not only one.
Even if a 3rd year course outweighs a first year...your GPA will still be negatively affected because you failed a subject.

As for HECS, I don't know about UNSW rules..but for faculties at other uni's, if you repeat a subject, you pay the fee again..

Demise

HSC
Even if a 3rd year course outweighs a first year...your GPA will still be negatively affected because you failed a subject.

As for HECS, I don't know about UNSW rules..but for faculties at other uni's, if you repeat a subject, you pay the fee again..
Yeah that's obvious that it'll be negatively affected, but it'll be extremely minimal. Whether I got 50 or 40, the affect is still negative compared to the marks of my other courses. And yes, I do pay again, but it's covered by HECS.

D94

HSC
N/A
you have to overload on units, or you have to extend your degree, or pay for summer school or you can ask for a special consideration (if its like 48 or something)
Yeah, overloading will be quite easy, I don't mind lol.
Overloading has a minimum WAM requirement. It's at least 75 for first and second years, not sure about later years.

Demise

HSC
Overloading has a minimum WAM requirement. It's at least 75 for first and second years, not sure about later years.
It is still possible to get a 75-80 WAM even with one fail, right? Since all my computing related subjects I plan on doing extremely well in (and anything non related). So I'm sure this fail is simply a hurdle.

D94

HSC
N/A
It is still possible to get a 75-80 WAM even with one fail, right? Since all my computing related subjects I plan on doing extremely well in (and anything non related). So I'm sure this fail is simply a hurdle.
Yes of course. It's technically possible to overload next semester as well, given your other marks are good enough. Just something to remember if you do ask to overload (but ask anyway just to be certain).

HSC
Uni Grad
depends on the faculty of the subject that you're taking. Arts, Sciences, Engineering have an WAM requirement of 65 to overload, whilst ASB is on 75. Unsure about the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)