Failing year 11. (1 Viewer)

evilelmo_2005

HSC
My subjects are: 2 unit maths, chemistry, physic, standard english, music 2 and japanese continuer. I do pretty well in music and japanese, and i get 55% to 60 % in my english assessments.

I'm dropping physics because i don't like it

so the subjects i want to do in year 12 are extension japanese, extension music, 2 unit maths, chemistry and standard english.

anyway right now i'm failing 2 unit maths, in 2 unit maths i get 79% in the first test, 51% in the second test and then the last test i did for maths i got 20 something% but i still wanna do 2 unit maths for hsc because i know i'm capable.

I'm also not doing so well in chemistry, i'm getting 50 to 60 % in most of my assessments.

I'm a anxious student and i get around 7 hours of sleep everyday and i have issues with with my studies. Give me good advice please, i don't want to fail my hsc and become a bludger, homeless, etc

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
i cant say i can change your study habits. just make study notes, revise whats been done in class, do your homework, dont be afraid to ask questions etc. if you can follow a solid study pattern like that, then you can achieve at least 80+. and yeah dont slack off in class. listen to the teacher and cut the chit-chat with friends (if you talk lots)

what i can do is offer motivation. think of all the children in the world who dont have access to a proper education and live in poverty. use this and know that youve only got one shot at this and force yourself to study harder otherwise youre wasting this opportunity at education.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
That's not failing. You will be allowed to continue onto Year 12, however, you must work harder if you want to do well in the HSC.
You should sleep earlier. You need around 8 hours of sleep, and during Year 12, sleep is very important.

You say that you have issues with your studies. What kind of issues?

evilelmo_2005

HSC
That's not failing. You will be allowed to continue onto Year 12, however, you must work harder if you want to do well in the HSC.
You should sleep earlier. You need around 8 hours of sleep, and during Year 12, sleep is very important.

You say that you have issues with your studies. What kind of issues?
Ok my issue is my study habit is bad... for example i do homeworks from my text book for maths and i sometimes have a look at the math text book and i still do bad in my test. This prove that my study habit for maths is bad.

I try studying chemistry but I find it so hard I sometimes don't even know what i'm doing...

I guess i'm not the study material i thought i was... Right now i think i'm doing worse when i was in year 9 and 10

Last edited:

TheStallion

HSC
Nah, you just need to grow a dick and study harder. No offence, but what's a counsellor going to do that will force you to study harder?

The power to do well is in your hands, and all it takes is revision, and lots of study.

clue444

HSC
I think you feel discouraged when you are doing bad in a subject, making you dislike the subject and getting bad marks everytime.

You just have to work harder and have more motivation by setting long and short term goals (for example 95+ ATAR or that uni course you're dreaming about doing.)

Go counselling if you have stress/depression.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
For Maths, you need to practice from past papers. Also, you need to better manage your time during exams. Try to leave 20 minutes for checking.

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
The first thing you need to do. Is set yourself a motherfucking GOAL !!

Second thing. PRACTISE PAPERS + SYLLABUS = 100% !

Third thing. Get motivated, and be very very perserverant.

Forth thing. Be optimistic no matter what happens.

evilelmo_2005

HSC
The first thing you need to do. Is set yourself a motherfucking GOAL !!

Second thing. PRACTISE PAPERS + SYLLABUS = 100% !

Third thing. Get motivated, and be very very perserverant.

Forth thing. Be optimistic no matter what happens.
I just can't concentrate, I cant sit on my desk for more than 1 hour and when i study chemistry, i don't even know wtf i'm even studying coz i dun understand shit..... is there a good way to understand chemistry? Chemistry is so complicated, i think i chose the wrong subjects.....

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I just can't concentrate, I cant sit on my desk for more than 1 hour and when i study chemistry, i don't even know wtf i'm even studying coz i dun understand shit..... is there a good way to understand chemistry? Chemistry is so complicated, i think i chose the wrong subjects.....
dude, if its complicated then either study harder and ask teacher questions or drop it entirely. theres no point wasting time on a subject which you are miserable in

TheStallion

HSC
If you dont understand Chem work, even when trying to learn by just sitting down and reading the textbook, then you should probably consider a tutor - even if it's an infrequent thing.

sweet_love_tm

HSC
I'm year 11 student and I'm international student. I study for 12 units: 3 units maths, physics 2U, English Fundamental 1U, IPT 2U, Business Services 2U, English 2U. But my physics is not so good, maybe i failed all of this course, just passed only 1 test. so... with that result, will i repeat year 11 again or...? plz help me i'm so scare of it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)