- English (Standard) it ok
- Maths (General) bad
- Visual Arts -no clue what to 2 for major
- Senior Science- good
- IPT
- Ancient History
- plus Macedonian (continures)
i am failing Ancient and maths and i'm coming dead last

Do u guys their is a posibility of me improving my rank for Ancient and Maths gradually 2 the top 20 of the year. and if i do improve will it affect my UAI ? as i want to get 90+
but i don't have amy motivation for studing and i don't have much time as i teach ballet to beginners 3 times a week, if i did i know i can do better but i don't have much time to do hw and study.

Any help how to improve will be appreciated greatly
[/list]

Roguedeth

HSC
you're not gonna be up the top if you don't study for maths like do the homework.
so in short start doing homework and make some free time.

HSC
N/A
If I were you, I'd drop one of your 2unit courses - either Maths or Ancient. 14units is a lot of work, especially if you're not doing that great in two whole 2U courses.

In fact, I would even think about dropping Maths and Ancient - although I do not know how bad your marks are.

But really, if you want a UAI that high you are going to need some extra study time - and especially with the Art major, which will take a lot of time to do. And even if you can improve your marks, Ancient and General Maths don't have great scaling.... and so they won't do good things to your UAI unless you get 85+ in the courses anyway.

Why not just drop the courses you're not too good at and focus on the ones you ARE good at?

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It sounds like you're probably best off dropping maths and ancient, to do 10 units that you're decent at. It is just a waste of time doing more units than you need to. Drop them asap. Focus on your 5 subjects instead.

P

pLuvia

Yeh, drop the subjects that you lack motivation in studying for, or doing really bad in i.e. history and maths

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
the UAI is calculated in mysterious ways. firstly tell us what school u go to then we can tell u if coiming top 20 will alow u to do so. maths general isnt to good unless u get 80-90+ so if u want a 90 UAI, and u aint got a hope of getting that drop the maths and focus on your ancient. also dont worry to much about ur major work, i had no ideas for engliosh extyention 2 until the critsmas holdiays and it ended up being quiite good. just make it a damn passion of urs.

VQ

HSC
Yep...drop sth...general I guess, or ancient...either 1 or 2 if necessary....focus on the rest...why bother studying so hard for sth that will not be counted for ur UAI?
dunno...but maybe u should teach ballet less? like 2x a week? or do it on weekends (hav u?)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Failure is failing to achieve what you had orignally set out to achieve. So yes, you can fail the hsc.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i would say your best bet is to drop one or the other, or both

your extra time is focused on your less weaker subject (say you were to drop maths, you concentrate on ancient history more)

you're doing far too much to improve properly

Riviet

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
You cant fail the HSC. You can fail getting the UAI you desire however
Natstar has made a very good point. And it is true. :uhhuh:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I suggest that the threadstarter should drop either ancient or maths not both. Have 12 units as a safety net.

tennille

HSC
It really depends on what subject you enjoy more, and which you are performing better in. If you say that you don't have much motivation to study and don't have time to study too much, then drop the subject you find to be the most time consuming for you. This may give you more time to study for your other subjects rather than focusing on one particular subject due its time consumption.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sabdow said:
First of all you're a fucking idiot for doing 14 units.
Yeah, it is a bit foolish to be doing so many units. 12 or 13 should be the max you should do if you want a safety net, anymore is too much work to manage, every extra unit adds to the workload so only do more than 10 if you want a safety net or want to see how you do with your subjects.

P

pLuvia

sabdow said:

Second of all you deserve to be failing for being so stupid as to choose more than 12 units. At least I am confident that I will definitely beat someone who has a lot more work to do than me in the HSC.

Good luck with the Ballet. :)
If that person wants to do 14 units then let them, no need to flame them.

klaw

HSC
sabdow said:

Second of all you deserve to be failing for being so stupid as to choose more than 12 units. At least I am confident that I will definitely beat someone who has a lot more work to do than me in the HSC.

Good luck with the Ballet. :)
Contrary to what many think, I do not believe that 14 units is too much work. There are many subjects that are not very demanding and you can get good marks with doing virtually no work.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Not if there's a 4u or some extension subjects in the 14. :D
They take up alot of time and effort.

mikeee

Greek Member
HSC
Macedonian

N.O.U.B said:
ok, currently im doing 14 units which invole the following:

- Macedonian (continures)

[/list]
Just thought you should know...
'Alexander the Great' of Macedonia spoke Greek because he WAS Greek.
Thus Macedonian is not a language and should be called something else cause it is the official language of the 'Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia' (F.Y.R.O.M.) [which has nothing to do with 'Alexander the Great'] not Macedonia [which does and is part of Greece].

psycub

i got 12units this year..
im doing
General Maths
Standard English
Ipt
Business studies
Vietnamese
and retail studies..
im wondering should i drop ipt? coz im not good at it..but retail is a VET course wouldnt it scale u down..so im unsure what im doing..should i stay with 12unit or take the risk and drop ipt?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)