i got 12units this year..
im doing
General Maths
Standard English
Ipt
Business studies
Vietnamese
and retail studies..
im wondering should i drop ipt? coz im not good at it..but retail is a VET course wouldnt it scale u down..so im unsure what im doing..should i stay with 12unit or take the risk and drop ipt?
id say stick with ipt. Dont risk it! Drop it later on if you feel that it wont be counted.

elisabeth

HSC
Before you make a decision, just remember that for certain uni courses, 2u of maths is required. With enough work, you can improve on your maths rank.

tennille

HSC
elisabeth said:
Before you make a decision, just remember that for certain uni courses, 2u of maths is required. With enough work, you can improve on your maths rank.
Most uni courses that do require maths require mathematics, not general mathematics.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
elisabeth said:
his/her first priority is to get a UAI that will let them get into the Uni course. they can cover up the 2 unit math bit with a bridging course , but shiuld drop it if it is not helping. by the way, no uni courses want general maths, they are all(if required) at least advanced maths.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you're gonna do a science or something like engineering, 3u maths or higher is useful as they are prerequisites in certain courses.

P

pLuvia

Most science course or maybe all, require 2u mathematics, usually not general

tennille

HSC
pLuvia said:
Most science course or maybe all, require 2u mathematics, usually not general
2 unit is a minimum requirement. At Sydney University, 2U mathematics enables you to do the "general" maths of university while 3U and 4U allow you to do the normal and advanced maths of university, respectively.

stainmepink

HSC
Just work harder. Change your study habits, make sure you do at least 1 hour a day, then build it up slowly until you reach a nice healthy 9 hour study routine.

studynoob

HSC
N/A
im doing 10 units and im failing the hsc guess what im a korean and have parents with high expectation im soo am gonna get my ass beat by my dad at the end of the hsc! yeah fuck them teachers!!!

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
studynoob said:
im doing 10 units and im failing the hsc guess what im a korean and have parents with high expectation im soo am gonna get my ass beat by my dad at the end of the hsc! yeah fuck them teachers!!!
You know, if you put in the hard-yards now, and especially during these long holidays, you may be able to pull your marks up.

And remember, you're not doing the HSC for your parents. You're doing it for YOU, not matter what race your parents are.

And if you have an attitude like that, then you will get nowhere (although I do admit you're right about *certain* teachers... :rolleyes: )

tennille

HSC
studynoob said:
You could get 100 for your UAI and get absolutely no where in life. It is all based on determination. I'm sure you will go well in the HSC, as long as you have the determination to do well. As bananasmoothy mentioned, if you keep up this attitude that you have, you will not do well. Show your parents you are capable of doing anything. Like others have said, you are doing the HSC for you, not for your parents.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
studynoob said:

Settle petal.
How come you're failing the hsc anyway?

studynoob

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
Settle petal.
How come you're failing the hsc anyway?
i cant be fucked to study so far since ive started yr 12 i have not studied a single hour im always late and i sometimes do my hw so fuck school!

ane_st

HSC
you do macedonian continuers?? mad im macedonian.. anywayz.. for your problem.. if u arent good at tests or whateva.. just really really try on ur assessments and attempt getting in those top marks.. although if u are doing as bad as you say you are, then be realistic and dont aim for an 90+ UAI...

X

xeuyrawp

miss_gtr said:
I'll give you free e-tutoring on Ancient (msn, email, phone) i did: NKE till death of Thutmose IV (its now Amenhotep something), Hatshepsut, Society in rome-Augustus to Titus and Augustus and the Julio Claudians. But essentially i can do other topics too. I'll proof read your assignments, essays etc.
If you want.
My e-tutoring rocks the socks off your e-tutoring :p

I'll be honest and say that cramming Ancient is easier than cramming math. Therefore, I'd drop math or something. It's MUCH easier to pick up history marks than math marks. Math requires you to have listened since junior school, it's impossible to become good at it overnight -- and that's what you've got, a short time to pick up marks.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I always hated cramming for History. So many dates, names, places... it was memory overload for me. I find working out maths much easier since you can work out a lot of it step by step. But everyone's different. :p

i cant be fucked to study so far since ive started yr 12 i have not studied a single hour im always late and i sometimes do my hw so fuck school!

Don't whine about it because it's YOUR choice whether you apply yourself or give school the finger. No one can care for you if YOU don't want to work. Everything in this year is up to each individual student, whether they work hard or not.

I_F

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
studynoob said:
If you're really going to "fuck school", you wouldn't be here complaining about failing year 12.

See, deep inside you do care, but you just can't be bothered to study. Everyone wants a high UAI, but only those who put in the effort end up with one. Those who are all like "fuck school, studying is for losers" really mean "I'm too lazy to study so I know I won't do well. But I don't want others to know that so I'm going to pretend I don't care".

From what I've seen in your posts you've been bludging through high school. However, if you're really determined, you can do well. I know some people who were well below average in year 11 but ended up with 95+ because they settled down and worked hard in year 12. It's all up to you whether or not you want a good UAI.

ane_st

HSC
mikeee said:
Just thought you should know...
'Alexander the Great' of Macedonia spoke Greek because he WAS Greek.
Thus Macedonian is not a language and should be called something else cause it is the official language of the 'Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia' (F.Y.R.O.M.) [which has nothing to do with 'Alexander the Great'] not Macedonia [which does and is part of Greece].
Macedonia (being born there and knowing the history) WAS (as in past tense) a part of greece... Macedonian and greek are COMPLETELY different languages.... ive heard them speak and they sound nothing like we do. Macedonia is NOT a part of greece... i get annoyed when ppl say Macedonia is in greece because its not.. the language is different, and Alexander the Great is Macedonian not greek...

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
If the guy doesn't give a damn about school/HSC/UAI etc., then why is he even on these forums?? Surely there are plenty of other web-sites where he can procrastinate even further from not doing his work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)