Fake UAI (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
There really shouldn't be a need to be playing around with SAM, we haven't done the trials nor the final exams yet, and it is these two set of exams that impact heavily on our UAI. You should be focusing on your studies, not predicting UAIs.

abcd9146

HSC
interestingly fun... 77.50... haha
funny that cos only two of my exams were over 77%???

bscared

HSC
Im new to this stuff. What is this SAM thing and where do you go to find it?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bscared said:
Im new to this stuff. What is this SAM thing and where do you go to find it?
SAM stands for Student Assessment Modeller and allows you to estimate your UAI after you enter your marks in. It can be found here.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
bscared said:
What is this SAM thing
SAM (Student Assessment Modeller) has been designed to provide you with all of the information you need to know about your HSC marks and courses. Using SAM, you can see exactly how each of your courses has been scaled in the past, which courses have had students scoring in the upper bands, and even what your UAI could have been in a previous year. By using SAM, students are able to clearly identify which areas they need work in, and how improvements in certain subject areas will affect their overall UAI.
bscared said:
where do you go to find it?
http://www.boredofstudies.org/sam/

;)

EDIT: Beaten by Riviet :(

Last edited:

Mel_b

HSC
99.95. Wow. But that's with two extension subjects (ee2 and ext. history) I've only had one (10 mark) assessment for.

If I take those from 100 each to the marks I got for english advanced and modern (more realistic) I wind up with 99.65.

Someone told me that SAM tends to be more accurate for selective school students. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Mel_b said:
99.95. Wow. But that's with two extension subjects (ee2 and ext. history) I've only had one (10 mark) assessment for.

If I take those from 100 each to the marks I got for english advanced and modern (more realistic) I wind up with 99.65.

Someone told me that SAM tends to be more accurate for selective school students. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?
Maybe because the selective school assessments marks a fairer representation of HSC Marks....

Otherwise, the only problem with estimations of UAI with SAM is your estimates of HSC Marks.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
mel b said:
i wouldnt say so.

last year my internal mark at school for maths was 75.

on the hsc report my internal mark was scaled up to 95.

big difference.

lala2

Banned
HSC
There are many cases of people's raw marks not being even slightly accurate about what their final HSC marks will be. My raw marks were all at least 10 marks lower than what I ended up with at the end, so just keep plodding along at a nice pace (remembering to build up for the externals) and you all should be ok.

michaeln36

HSC
I get some ridiculous UAI prediction of 99.85
*hoping its not fake*
I do go to a selective school though, so hopefully my marks are not too much more inflated that the real hsc ones.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Sorry, Einstein, but youd figure that when you get 97, theres not much room to go (unless it went down). Or your schools very state-average. But its not, so theres only up to go. And between 97 and 100 theres not much. so your case is not helpful in this situation.

2 weeks man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)