Family Guy & South Park (1 Viewer)

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Is it still on SBS? I remember seeing it on the TV Guide for GO (ch. 99), and there's basically no promotion for it, so I dunno when it's on anymore.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Family Guy is hilarious if you have a sick sense of humour or like looking at shows which depict american families as stupid. I like it most of the times.
sick as in something wrong with it, to find that shit funny.

HSC
Uni Grad
sick as in something wrong with it, to find that shit funny.
Depends on sense of humour and personality and shit, I'm heaps laidback and laugh at anything funny.
Some people are heaps narrow and/or specific in what they find to be amusing.

al123456

HSC
I reckon FAMILY GUY is funnier and cleverer than the simpsons.

:hammer:

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
fuck family guy. it's funny now but to compare it to south park (and inevitably, the simpsons) is a fucking stab to the ballsack. in a decade family guy will be nothing more than a blip on the cultural radar, similar to the impact mediocre sitcoms like the drew carey show or home improvement have today. the jokes are trite and beyond that there's a barren wasteland. compare that to the variation inherent to a south park season or to the rich layers common to even the worst simpsons episode and you see my distaste for family guy.

the criticisms made in the cartoon wars are apt, but what wasn't hammered home is that that's all there is to family guy. that's it. there's nothing more that random jokes with no relevance beyond now. the simpsons and south park had development. they had something to say. south park is the more relaxed mouth piece of the 4chan generation and the simpsons is a cultural megaphone that spoke to anyone who watched it (with the possible exception of the pre baby boomers).

yeah i watch it. yeah i enjoy it. but christ, you're a fucking moron if you honestly believe it to be anywhere near the same level of quality as one of the sharpest satires of our time, or worse yet, to perhaps the biggest cultural staple of the last 50 years.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Depends on sense of humour and personality and shit, I'm heaps laidback and laugh at anything funny.
Some people are heaps narrow and/or specific in what they find to be amusing.
over 200 episodes of the simpsons passed before it started to get stale. there's nothing narrow or specific about its comedy. and yet you prefer family guy. i think the simple fact of the matter is that you are an idiot.

HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen like ~15 eps of the simpsons and I found it not in the least amusing.
I may be a rarity but it just didn't do it for me, and as stated if it's funny I'm there and lollercoastering at it.
Iunno, maybe they were just shit eps or something...

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
wow. 15! that's a representative sample, especially given the massive difference in quality between earlier and later episodes that's almost universally known.

i think you're perfectly suited for family guy

HSC
Uni Grad
So do I. Any family guy episode will have me lolling, even on repeat views.

HSC
Uni Grad
How is that even possible. It's practically engrained into our lives, and culture.
Never entertained me so I didn't watch it.

EDIT: And actually I only saw them in year 7ish when people were like "omg you should totally give it a go" as, iirc, the news was on at that time.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's been running for 20 years though. Also, would be the most quoted source of all school conversations.

My mum dislikes the series, and even she's seen more episodes than that.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, I'm not bagging it or anything, obviously it is highly successful and everyone loves it, just doesn't do shit for me.
My mum dislikes the series too lol (prolly why we never watched until year 7ish).

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Futurama=Southpark->Simpsons---------->American Dad------------->Family Guy

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Yeh, I'm not bagging it or anything, obviously it is highly successful and everyone loves it, just doesn't do shit for me.
My mum dislikes the series too lol (prolly why we never watched until year 7ish).
it doesnt do shit for you because you've seen fifteen fucking episodes.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
american dad is shit

south park=simpsons> futurama>>>> family guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> american dad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)