FAQ: Early Entry (1 Viewer)

lorieroar

HSC
My interview is tomorrow.
Is anyone else going tomorrow?

Im starting to get nervous.

Good Luck to all those applying!
I'm applying for Early Entry for International Studies/BA Arts
Can you please let me know how it goes?? What they ask, etc?

Also... what do you write in the part where they ask, what will you bring the the degree? :S

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I'm applying for Early Entry for International Studies/BA Arts
Can you please let me know how it goes?? What they ask, etc?

Also... what do you write in the part where they ask, what will you bring the the degree? :S
lol that person applied last year lol

kathrynso

HSC
Good luck to everyone applying for/going for an interview for Early Entry.
It does take a lot of pressure off when doing the HSC but that doesn't mean you can slack off lol.

When in the interview, be natural and confident.

I went for BSc. Have a joke with the science faculty, they're crazy.

harryc

HSC
Just wondering if someone could answer a question for me, in regards to the early entry process and how double degrees fit in with this.

Basically, I'm interested in one of the double degrees offered by UOW - Bachelor of Communication and Media w/ Screen Studies, and a Bachelor of Creative arts w/ Creative Writing.

Say I apply for Media and Communications through Early Entry and get in, same with Creative Arts through the interview process - if i put the above double degree into my UAC preferences, will the two degrees automatically be put together for the double, as I've been sucessful with both interview processes?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Just wondering if someone could answer a question for me, in regards to the early entry process and how double degrees fit in with this.

Basically, I'm interested in one of the double degrees offered by UOW - Bachelor of Communication and Media w/ Screen Studies, and a Bachelor of Creative arts w/ Creative Writing.

Say I apply for Media and Communications through Early Entry and get in, same with Creative Arts through the interview process - if i put the above double degree into my UAC preferences, will the two degrees automatically be put together for the double, as I've been sucessful with both interview processes?
i wouldnt think so because double degree UAI's vary from single degree UAI's, so technically you cant.
Im pretty sure when you go to these interviews you have the option to tell them you want to do double a degree (if its offered for your degree choices)

JesseMatheson

HSC
I got a call from the Creative arts faculty about setting an Interview date....YAY!!

HSC
What should I take to my interview? Also, the marks you supply, how do they verify that they are 100% true? Should you bring in passed papers? or what?
Thankyou.

Last edited:

brades

HSC
Someone told me that they no longer hold interviews for those who apply for early entry for commerce.
Is this true?
Thanks

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
What should I take to my interview? Also, the marks you supply, how do they verify that they are 100% true? Should you bring in passed papers? or what?
Thankyou.
To the interview you take your trial results, yr10 certificate marks, any awards you have gained and also your Resume. At the interview they will ask you questions about why you want to study the degree. So show that ur passionate about it and show interest in UOW.\

With Commerce i think they check your marks then you get an offer, if ur marks are just a bit off then you maybe interviewed. I think thats how it worked last year.

Good Luck.

oksteph

HSC
So I wanted to apply for Early Entry,
but upon receiving my Trial HSC marks back, I was quite upset.
I know they also mark based upon our HALF YEARLIES,
which I got in my 80's.
Do you think that I should not apply for Early Entry or just do it because it wont hurt to do it?
Should I just apply normally after hsc :(
but im scared i wont get the atar! I'm freaking out

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Just apply for early entry- it's not like that's somehow going to mean you can't apply in the normal rounds if you don't get it, and who knows, you will probably be fine!

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC
does anyone know around what time you can expect to hear about getting an interview? especially for courses such as law where the application had to be in earlier. does this mean that the interview will be earlier?

borneo

HSC
i just got my letter for the next stage for law . so happy about it hahaha.

did anyone else get one?

Last edited:

spazamataz

HSC
I submitted mine without putting my trial resuts in, because i haven't received the official results, and probably won't until next week, so that shouldn't harm anything should it?
Also, my school doesn't openly give out the rankings, so would it be more beneficial to go and get my rankings off all of my teachers?

borneo

HSC
depends how you go in them i guess. I didnt submit my trial results with my application and i got through to the next round. check your email and you should have an email telling you if you were successful or not. if you didn't get the email, letters are being posted out during this week

oksteph

HSC
Just wondering when we should we expect our notifications whether we got in or not?
I know the interviews start on the 28th so im guessing thats like 10 days we have to get our notifications.

gosh this is so nerve wracking

liza213

HSC
I have a interview for b commerce. if u recieve a letter about an interview they will tell u most of the things to bring and that ur marks must be looked over and signed off on by a justice of the peace (to make sure they are correct and u are who u say u are)

My trails wernt as good as i hoped but im hoping that it wont matter too much because i have gone rather well throughout the year.

If i can get my end of year report should i take it too?

thx :music:

spazamataz

HSC
When do they tell you if you get an interview? and how?
I kind of need to know this week because i will probably have to spend the night in Wollongong. :S And my mail is delayed by a week or so because i live in the middle of nowhere!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)