FAQ: Early Entry (1 Viewer)

oksteph

HSC
Oh I'm so glad that I've got an interview!
I applied for Bachelor of Communication& Media studies!
I really do hope I don't stuff up, my trials were shocking & everyone is saying they'll guarantee you entry if you get over 75's. I got none over 75 :|

Oh & the interview is the day before my graduation in Sydney!
Its going to be a busy week!

harryc

HSC
Applied for early entry in Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies - had decent-ish trial marks ( a few in the 80's, a few in the 70's). Still havent received an interview...

Should I be getting worried?

spazamataz

HSC
Im just making up my folio, which was recommended in the Arts FAQ thing, and just wondering, do i have to give them a copy of my folio thing? Like do i have to copy all my certificates and stuff?

Thecorey0

HSC
I got a guaranteed offer for Commerce (Wollongong) and an interview for Commerce/Arts, Commerce/International Studies, and Commerce/Communication and Media Studies.

Aethelaine

HSC
When do they tell you if you get an interview? and how?
I kind of need to know this week because i will probably have to spend the night in Wollongong. :S And my mail is delayed by a week or so because i live in the middle of nowhere!!

I got notified of my interview for Arts a week ago, Law two weeks ago, both via email and mail.

JoRa213

HSC
Good luck to everyone going for early entry ^^

I have mine tomorrow and it's quite nerve-racking but I hope I'll be fine then :)

beachbum2536

HSC
Can anyone tell me if they look at year ten results in early entry ive been away sick for 14 weeks this year im still getting 60/70/80% in tests im just wondering if it could effect my chances of getting early entry?

oksteph

HSC
beachbum, relax! mostly based on trials.
I did shit on trials lols, but if i dont get in i'll just doit normally through my ATAR.

> anyone else got their interview tomorrow!? im pretty psyched

JesseMatheson

HSC
I'm hell scared for it but I have a stack of stuff I'm taking in and an aweosme portfolio so hopefully I can get in.

oksteph

HSC
So I'm guessing you're applying for Creative / performing arts or digital communication?

good luck what times your interview?

harryc

HSC
Got my interview for Media and Communications tomorrow afternoon at 2. Wasn't really nervous up until now, but I'm starting to get a little freaked.

hrtyoung

HSC
just had my informatics interview yesterday for a bachelor of computer science, questions asked were:

Where you see yourself 10 years in the future? (seems to be asked for everyone)

(As you have been a leader at your school,) How would you cope when you have to work as a team member?

How would you cope given this situation (in my case it was someone asking you to do something when they know nothing about what they are talking about)? (The proffessor said it was a question to evoke an emotion).

What is the most satisfying part of what you do? (concerning the different stages of structured software development)

other than that I brought in my portfolio of my major assignment which they seemed to draw some questions from.

I also recomend taking a tour as you will really get a feel of the place.

hope this helps someone, feel free to pm me with some questions. :)

EDIT: they also said that we would hear from them within 5 working days...

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Damn. Do they usually mail you to let u know or can they ring to say you have it?

hrtyoung

HSC
i was speaking with a girl from my school who got early entry last year but deferred, and she said that she only got mail but maybe this year they might send an email aswell.

I mean, they sent emails as well as letters during the application stage, why not during the acceptance stage?

.Lara.

HSC
Once you get in there it's really not nerve wracking at all. It was two nice women who barely looked at my stuff and didn't really ask too many questions. They do write down your trial marks and basic info about you, she must have also been writing down general comments about what I was saying.
I think they asked me what my favourite subject was and why, and I mentioned I'd like to do an exchange so we talked a lot about that.

Also if you bombed in your trials on an exam that's totally irrelevant to the course you want to study, eg. for me I applied for B M and C/International and got in the 60's for maths, they jsut laugh it off.

oksteph

HSC
My interview was today. I came late so my interview was pushed back,
i was really nervous at first, but yeah it was all good.
It was heaps good,
Q's like, why communication&media studies, your fav subjects,

harryc

HSC
Yeah, just back from my communication and media studies interview is well. It wasn't really anything like I expected. I spent ages putting together a portfolio of all my reports/certificates and stuff, and they didn't even look at it, nor did they want me to leave it behind for them to go through.

But yeah, I guess it went okay. Just the standard questions really, about favourite subjects and why I wanted to do the course and stuff. It went pretty quickly - couldn't have been more than 10 minutes.

liza213

HSC
I heard yesterday via email that i have a guaranteed offer into a bachelor of commerce. I am so less stressed about the HSC. has anyone else heard?
My cousin has heard from maths and got it but not for Arts yet.

im so happy! :drink:

spazamataz

HSC
I heard yesterday via email that i have a guaranteed offer into a bachelor of commerce. I am so less stressed about the HSC. has anyone else heard?
My cousin has heard from maths and got it but not for Arts yet.

im so happy! :drink:
lol i got a rejection letter from commerce. I wasn't surprised, my maths was shocking. I really should have changed to general!
I think arts may take a while, there were sooooo many people applying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)