fate or coincidence? (1 Viewer)

HSC
say you met a girl just over a year ago, awesome girl, someone you genuinely liked and had a gut feeling about which happens very rarely, but due to bad timing you didnt do anything at the time as much as you wanted to because you did like her, and left it to fate...time marches on, youre not really happy with your uni course/career/circle of friends/life in general, and you decide that youre going to move states next year to start a fresh, and you're at the point where you've applied for courses/jobs/accommodation etc at the new place, and are quite literally on the jetstar website about to book flights and an email from out of the blue comes through from said girl who seems to still have some interest and is hinting at getting together

i dont normally believe in this sort of dolly doctor stuff, but this has got me thinking...do you take it as a massive coincidence and just keep going through with what youre doing, or some sort of sign that maybe youre not supposed to go, given the timing?

im aware of how ridiculous it must sound, putting my whole life on hold for a girl i havent even dated yet...but just the timing and the fact that i did leave it to chance and if she got back in contact id do something then, as well as not being totally sure im moving for the right reasons or running away from my problems has me questioning my decision to move, as well as the fact that i am interested in her i guess.

anom1ly

HSC
coincidence. but probably a good one.
whats the harm in trying right?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
unluckyinlove07 said:
but due to bad timing you didnt do anything at the time as much as you wanted to because you did like her, and left it to fate...
Wtf?

yer8899

HSC
It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There is no point in going through all this crap, if youre not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what... when you least expect it, something great might come along. Something better then you even planned for.

idk

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Okay, first of all, never ever leave shit to fate again.

Secondly this stuck out to me:
as well as not being totally sure im moving for the right reasons or running away from my problems has me questioning my decision to move
Moving across the world is a huge fucking deal. I know, I'm doing the same thing next year but I know I'm not running away from my problems. Instead of staying because of some girl, maybe think of staying for a bit to give this a lot of thought. Are you sure this is what you want to do?

benhaddad

HSC
it sounds to me like you are unsure you want to move... maybe you need to give it more thought.

it's almost as if you are looking for reasons to stay, in which case you shouldnt go.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I havent read anything in this thread but since there is no such thing as fate I feel I don't have to.

HSC
N/A
moving is a big deal. and if you're questioning whether you should move now means that somethings holding you back.

are you willing to leave everything behind?

memories? friends? family?

i think you should re think the whole moving idea and just slow down. don't be in a rush to do things or go places and see the world. you have all the time in the world. don't make rash decisions that you could regret later in life. if you honistly have some feelings for this girl, meet up with her, hang out. you never know she could be that one girl for you.

HSC
thanks for the advice guys. i still dont know what to do.

i feel i have almost nothing to offer her cause my own lifes such a mess right now, i think i only have about 2 true friends and just a whole bunch of acquaintances but even then not that many, and the more she got to know me the more she'd realise...and thats not really a good starting point for anything and part of the reason i just want a fresh start/that i do want to leave everything behind

but at the same time shes one of the few girls that have come along and ive had a good gut feeling about right from the word go, and it seemed to be mutual, and now this happens from right out of left field, and i know id always wonder what if if i didnt atleast give it a chance, especially now the way it was timed

life has funny ways of splitting forks in the road where you least expect

HSC
Don't run away from problems, they'll just catch up with you in the end. If you want this girl then go for it, you don't wanna look back and wonder "what if?"

yugi

HSC
distance relationships do not work fullstop.

You should stay :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)