Favourite Character? (1 Viewer)

Kos

Originally posted by GuardiaN
I liked Arithon and Elaira from the Wars of Light and Shadow. Jimmy the hand was good, but I reckon he was only good in the first three books (magician, silverthorn and darkness of sethanon). After that Jimmy became urm'ish. :)
I didnt mind Jimmy in the Krondor series.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
What about Mara's spy master in the Empire series? How absolutely awesome was it when he infiltrated the Hamoi Tong (is that what it's called?) base thingo and killed of that whores sister, as well as the boss assassin? ^_^

Kos

I dunno, I hated the Empire series and only managed to get to halfway through the second book. I guess I was looking for some Raymond Feist when I read it, but he had just gotten divorced at the time of writing and was being totally pussy-whipped by Janny Wurts so she could get some dosh. Well, thats what I think. Either way, I dont like it.

The stuff he has brought out lately has been pretty good. I really liked Honoured Enemy and the Conclave of Shadows (so far) and Murder in LaMut wasnt bad. He hasnt managed to top Magician though. That book was fkn incredible.

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
bean from ender's shadow by orson scott card

Serpentia

Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Moon from The Real Inspector Hound..

Je suis it seems to be saying, ergo sum..

ha ha he's legendary! So is birdboot though

Oo Sirius Black is pretty cool. I was devastated when he died. I hope he comes back to life lol

Lestat - I LOVE HIM!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
i HATED josie Alibradi!!! She was such a little shit!
hmmm i just didn't really like the way pia miranda portrayed her in the film :p

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
hmmm i just didn't really like the way pia miranda portrayed her in the film :p

I thought she actually seemed more respectable in the film than in the book.

Barbie_Bitch

TORY ALEXANDER from the ancient future series!!! she's soooo cool...she's pagan and immortal and she marries a prince an gets hailed as a goddess all while still maintaining a good figure thanks to Tae Quan Do!!! YAY Tory!!!

other than h it would have to be Death from the discworld books...he is sooooo funny!!!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Forgot another of my favourite comedic characters;
-Marvin The Paranoid Android.
Besides being an inspiration to Radiohead, his excessively maudlin, self-pitying antics remain consistently hillarious throughout The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

'Oh, the Paranoid Android,' he said. 'Yeah, we'll take him.'
'But what are you supposed to do with a manically depressed robot?'
'You think you've got problems,' said Marvin as if he was addressing a newly occupied coffin, 'what are you going to do if you are a manically depressed robot?

And for someone completely different; Macbeth. Someone who can utter solioquies as brilliant (if nihilistic) as;

She should have died hereafter,
There would have been time for such a word,
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way
to dusty death. Out, out brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
that struts and frets his hour upon the stage
and departs. It is a tale, told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury, signifiying nothing.

deserves respect.

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Barbie_Bitch
TORY ALEXANDER from the ancient future series!!! she's soooo cool...she's pagan and immortal and she marries a prince an gets hailed as a goddess all while still maintaining a good figure thanks to Tae Quan Do!!! YAY Tory!!!
On second thoughts, this seems too outrageous for a truly great character :p

As an alternative Salvor Hardin from Asimov's original Foundation was a particularly well developed character, despite the fact that he remained for only 100 pages of the series.

hobbit

HSC
Ford Prefect.............annoying, comic, quirky!

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Tory Alexander - Ancient Future series by Traci Harding
Aragorn - LOTR (duh)
Selexin - The little white dude from Contest by Matthew Reilly

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, how did i forget Nakor! Do you want an orange? :)

Originally posted by Kos
I dunno, I hated the Empire series and only managed to get to halfway through the second book. I guess I was looking for some Raymond Feist when I read it, but he had just gotten divorced at the time of writing and was being totally pussy-whipped by Janny Wurts so she could get some dosh. Well, thats what I think. Either way, I dont like it.

The stuff he has brought out lately has been pretty good. I really liked Honoured Enemy and the Conclave of Shadows (so far) and Murder in LaMut wasnt bad. He hasnt managed to top Magician though. That book was fkn incredible.
You serious? I actually loved the empire series. After the original 3 (magician, silverthorn and sethanon), I thought the empire series were the best. hehe, i dunno, I guess I like intrugue. :)

Honoured enemy and murder in Lamut were good (quite good :) ), but I didnt really like Talon of the Silverhawk (is that what it was called?). Humph

What about Simkin? Margaret Weis darksword trilogy. lol, so funny. :)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Originally posted by glitter burns
This is a hard one... It depends what you mean by favourite.
I don't think there's any character I'd want to be, but there a few who I really like...
Probably... Dameon from Isobelle Carmody's Obernewtyn Chronicles.
wow... another obernewtyn fan?... have you all the books so far?.. its just that not many of my friends are fans of the series so i have no one to talk to about it!hey.. the last book in the series so far is the keeping place rite?....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)