Favourite Harry Potter Book (1 Viewer)

Chris.

HSC
Re: Favorite Harry Potter Book

im currently reading HBP. Its hard to rate the others because i read them ages ago. Do you guys remember almost everything that happens in every book?

Well heres my ranking based on my memory:

1. POA
2. Goblet
A tie in 3rd position: Order of the Phoenix (although the intro was pretty boring and quite long) and Chamber of Secrets
4. Stone

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC

Sarah168 said:
:( That's my absolute fav. I love Luna and all the departments at the Ministry of Magic :(
yes, luna frigging rocks. one of the best characters! i also like, dumbledore (of course) and hermione. :D

BlackDragon

HSC

bubz :D said:
i love all of them but my favourites... toss-up between prisoner, HBP and goblet. can't choose. and the first one has a special place in my heart... so this post is pretty pointless haha

i obviously don't dislike any of them either, but if i had to choose a least favourite, it would be order of the phoenix.
i love order of the phoenix for many reasons but a large part is because of fred and george's spectacular departure, fireworks and swamp. these chapters and the one where they leave and tell peeves to reek havoc on the school and dolores (and peeves salutes) are some of the best chapters of the whole series.

Last edited:

Cpt obvious

HSC

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone is the best but I did not like the Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban

J

jhakka

Fixed the title just for you, Ashton.

Apart from knowing that CoS is my least favourite, I can't really be bothered ranking them now. :)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC

i hated book 3 cos there was no voldemort. u cant hav a harry potter book without voldemort makin an appearance. and plus, i got majorly pissed that wormtail escaped.

and we've all grown up with harry, but i hav the same birthday as him (and incidentally, as rowling) - 31 July. I win.

In order,
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of Phoenix
3. Half-blood Prince
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Philosophers Stone
6. Prisoner of Azkaban

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ummm
1. goblet of fire
2. prisoner of azkaban
3. halfblood prince
4. order of the phoenix
5. philosopher's stone
6. chamber of secrets

i really didnt like chamber of secrets. dunno why. but goblet of fire will always be the best, that scene when voldemort rises again out of the cauldron...ah, so good.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Philosopher's Stone
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Prisoner of Azkaban (wasnt engaged :rofl: )

Goblet of Fire the best ;)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Prisoner of Azkaban is definatley my favourite but I can't rate the rest.

I'm like rinni, my book is falling apart - partially also because its my sisters fave too.

Pilgrim

HSC
*Lozzie* said:
i know everyone has a favorite and personally i loved half blood prince so just wondering what everyones fav is :)

if i had to put them in order they would go

1. half blood prince (book 6)
2. prisoner of azkaban (book 3)
3. order of the phoenix (book 5)
4. goblet of fire (book 4)
5. Chamber of Secrets (book 2)
6. Philosophers Stone (book 1)
Same order

Rinni

HSC

ujuphleg said:
Prisoner of Azkaban is definatley my favourite but I can't rate the rest.

I'm like rinni, my book is falling apart - partially also because its my sisters fave too.
POA is my fav because of Sirius...hence y OotP is lower on my list. I really need to buy a new copy of POA lol

is2SWaNz

HSC

1. Goblet of Fire:: I've read this tonnes of times. However, the movie did not reveal much about the book, it was disappointing.
2. Order of the Phoenix:: Thickest book and yet full of great stuff. Loved this book, read this 4 times i think. The good old teenage angst, love and raging hormones!
3. Half-Blood Prince:: Many questioned answered. However, many questions still remain unanswered. RIP Dumbledore
4. Prisoner of Azkaban:: Loved the time turner
5. Chamber of Secrets:: A good twisting mystery
6. Philosphers' Stone:: It's sort of plain, not enough depth i thought. Thats only because her writing only got better.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

ViRtUaL said:
i hated book 3 cos there was no voldemort. u cant hav a harry potter book without voldemort makin an appearance. and plus, i got majorly pissed that wormtail escaped.

and we've all grown up with harry, but i hav the same birthday as him (and incidentally, as rowling) - 31 July. I win.

In order,
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of Phoenix
3. Half-blood Prince
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Philosophers Stone
6. Prisoner of Azkaban
He didn't appear in 2 or 6 either :santa:

rama_v

HSC
1. Goblet of Fire
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Order of the Phoenix
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. The philosopher's stone
6. Half-blood Prince

Book 6 seemed below par for me, maybe my opinion of it will change when book 7 is released though. Goblet of fire was easily my favourite

BlackDragon

HSC
book 6 is a very unique book in the harry potter series because for the first time a scene happens that isn't in the point of view of harry - the scene at the prime ministers office and with snape and the unbreakable vow. every other page of the book and every other book is in the perspective of harry (although written in third person). odd isn't it? i wonder why she did that? it alters the textual integrity of the book slightly.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Wouldnt the first chapter of Goblet of Fire be one as well?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
BlackDragon said:
book 6 is a very unique book in the harry potter series because for the first time a scene happens that isn't in the point of view of harry - the scene at the prime ministers office and with snape and the unbreakable vow. every other page of the book and every other book is in the perspective of harry (although written in third person). odd isn't it? i wonder why she did that? it alters the textual integrity of the book slightly.
There is also a moment in PS during a Quidditch match that deviates from Harry's perspective, when Ron and Neville get into a scuffle with Malfoy and co.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)