favourite instrumental/orchestral pieces (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
No. 5! Yay! I saw the TOPS ensemble play that for free at Macq Uni once. Very nice.

His "Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen" is playing on my stereo at the moment. Coincidence! I love Lieder, Mahler's, Schubert/mann's, all good... :D

Gevaudan

The Wayfarer is my favorite leid by far. I have dietrich fisher-dieskau on lp.
If you like the thematic material, mahler sets it orchestrally in symphony no. 1... 1st and 3rd movements i think. The stuff in the third movement is from "die zwei blauen augen" and is quite beautiful. also good because it has more time to expand on the material in the song.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
west side story is the bestestestest!!!!
k here are some of the stuf that i absolutely love:

- mahler symphony no.5
-khachaturian violin concerto
-saint saens introduction and rondo capriccioso (especialy wen played on the trumpet ... it sounds sooo good wen played by sergei nakariakov on his no limit cd!!)
-holst the planets

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
caroline86 said:
I like Symphony No. 25 in G minor by Mozart. I'm playing it in orchestra at the moment and i'm really enjoying it. one problem is that it's baroque so there isn't much dynamics. i like the dramatic music!

um dude mozart isnt quite baroque its more like classical... were playing that piece in our school orchestra too and i absolutely HATE IT!!!! its the worst piece ever and weve been playing it since the beginin of the year and im sick of it i think its about time we started playing some real music!!! what realy annoys me is that in the original litle G minor symphony, there are no trumpets in it but were playing this crappy version with trumpets doubling the horn parts and its really boring and all we play is bloody crotchets every now and then.... ahhh someone please burn the mozart symph 25 score so we dont have to play it anymore!!!

chepas

HSC
Gevaudan said:
The Wayfarer is my favorite leid by far. I have dietrich fisher-dieskau on lp.
If you like the thematic material, mahler sets it orchestrally in symphony no. 1... 1st and 3rd movements i think. The stuff in the third movement is from "die zwei blauen augen" and is quite beautiful. also good because it has more time to expand on the material in the song.
Ahhh Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau. Probably not a lied written that he hasn't sung hehe.

Re: the last post #25 ^^, speaking of burning music, is it pretty much a unanimous that Pachelbel's Canon should be burnt? I got a copy of that and burnt it at our schools music camp this year. Very good cleansing ritual.

Am listening to Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, Cmin #47 (I think!). The one with the excellent finale that was in 'Babe' in that 'If I Had Words' song... I love it. C | G | C | Am | G | C | C | F | E ... very yummy! :p~~

Last edited:

Circles

HSC
wake the dead.. this is a pseudo-folk song written/performed by a band called Praxis, although it's often under the band of A perfect circle.. check it out.. it rocks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)