Votes: 4 23.5%
  • From Justin to Kelly

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I don't think Spring Awakening had onstage seats for this production.

allykat92

HSC
Lucky!!! I don't think Spring Awakening has ever been to Melbourne... but it's amazing - my favourite musical, followed by Jersey Boys, Wicked and West Side Story. Did they have on-stage seats in this production, because I think there were on-stage seats in the Broadway production..
Spring Awakening stayed in Sydney :( They were considering a tour though! Do you mean chairs on-stage for the sets? Because they did, and they used them brilliantly!!

allykat92

HSC
Damn, I hope it comes to Melbourne one day. I want to go to Broadway to see Next to Normal, Phantom, South Pacific etc... but their Spring Awakening season has closed too. How much are the on-stage seats? Same price as A-Reserve or VIP? Apparently, it was going to come to Brisbane or Melbourne but it's not coming to Melbourne anymore - too many shows here already - we have Jersey Boys then Hairspray in the Princess Theatre, Billy Elliot --> Chicago --> Mamma mia in HMT, Wicked --> Cats --> Fame --> Mary Poppins in Regent, so it's quite full this year already. But I shouldn't be complaining - I get to see 3 shows a year already :lol:
The on-stage seats were actors only, like as props xD But the front row seats were about half a metre away from the stage. I don't know the cost as we got them discounted xD And yeah, as far as I know the Spring Awakening season in sydney has ended :( I'd loooove to go Broadway and see Wicked and RENT :)

You are soo lucky! I live in Wagga Wagga and we get nothing good =/

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'd loooove to go Broadway and see Wicked and RENT
Rent would be an amazing one to see on Broadway. Wicked has always been too overrated though IMHO.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah Rent is great too, another show that never comes to Australia
There was a major version of it about 5 years or so ago. And there's usually amatuer productions around if your into that sort of scene.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My local area has quite a few local productions, so I'm pretty lucky there. We have three major groups, who between them probably do about 8 shows a year.

NSW has a guide to all the local theatre groups that subscribe to their system. I'm not sure if Vic has a similar system in place, but you could give a search for it.

Finally, I'm doing Theatre at university as part of a double degree. So I can keep track of everything that's going on purely by word of mouth.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, if I make it, I'll definitely be aiming for Student Rush.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You'd have to check with their respectives websites. It should list if the option is available.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If it's not listed, then that's probably the best way to go.

allykat92

HSC
Yeah Spring Awakening had such a short season, just like Cats in Melbourne (it's ending in 3 days or so). Don't worry, most major shows like Wicked and Jersey Boys go up to Sydney after their year season in Melbourne - has Chicago gone to Sydney yet? Cats and Mamma mia are going to Perth after Melbourne and I think Chicago went to either Perth or Adelaide. I wish I was in NY when the Spring Awakening OBC were performing - Jon Groff, John Gallagher and Lea Michele are PHENOMENAL. :) Yeah Rent is great too, another show that never comes to Australia :(
Chicago was in Sydney last year, I didn't get to see it but my friend did and he said it absolutely amazing! I agree about the OBC for Spring Awakening! I got all of the songs on my computer! I would have LOVED to see their production! If only RENT would come to Australia :( I don't want to wait to see it xD

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Yeahh OBC was the best, so sad that I didn't go to NY when they were playing, well, actually, I've never been to NY but when I get less busy after year 12, I'll definitely go and watch a chunk of shows off broadway :) They get like 30 shows on Broadway at the same time... if only that would happen in Melbourne, we can only get 3 musicals on at the same time. Yeah, I really want Spring Awakening, Jekyll and Hyde, Phantom, Pippin, Next to Normal, Rent, Les Mis, My Fair Lady, Sunset Boulevard, South Pacific, or Oliver to come to Melbourne - I missed the few of them that did come years ago.
You are asian aren't you.

allykat92

HSC
Yeahh OBC was the best, so sad that I didn't go to NY when they were playing, well, actually, I've never been to NY but when I get less busy after year 12, I'll definitely go and watch a chunk of shows off broadway :) They get like 30 shows on Broadway at the same time... if only that would happen in Melbourne, we can only get 3 musicals on at the same time. Yeah, I really want Spring Awakening, Jekyll and Hyde, Phantom, Pippin, Next to Normal, Rent, Les Mis, My Fair Lady, Sunset Boulevard, South Pacific, or Oliver to come to Melbourne - I missed the few of them that did come years ago.
Me and my family are moving back to America after my HSC, and I will hopefully be going to NY City for a couple weeks for a holiday and I plan on seeing some shows and everything! As much as I hate cities, the shows on broadway would be worth it!

allykat92

HSC
You are soooo lucky! :) I think I may be going there at the end of year 12 when all the exams are over! Can't wait :)
I'm excited, I haven't been to NYC yet (even though I used to live 6 hours away) and Broadway would be simply amazing! I really hope we both get the chance someday!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to stick with classics and say POTO- saw it in the theatre and it was amazing. I still listen to the soundtrack every now and then.

In terms of more modern/contemporary musicals, I really enjoyed Avenue Q. Again, I listen to the sound track quite a bit (bought it at the show!) and it still makes me smile when I listen to some of the tracks.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you liked Avenue Q, check out [title of show]. It's coming to Sydney in a few months, as auditions were on a few days ago.

pman

Banned
HSC
rocky horror is good, so is phantom, cats, tell me on a sunday, the wizard of oz and the producers (producers was hilarious)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)