favourite subject? (1 Viewer)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
My schools doing this thing where instead of doing 6 subjects over 2 years, we do 3 subjects in our first year and have double the amount of periods in each and we sit our hsc for them at the end of the year, in our 2nd year we do our other 3 subjects and sit the hsc for them in the 2nd year. They then combine our marks and put together our ATAR. apparently its meant to be better as less to study.

at the moment im doing 2 U maths, chem and business studies. next year ill be doing legal, biology and english extension 1. HOW IS LEGAL??? AND IF IM FIRST IN ENGLISH AND DOING VERY GOOD, WOULD U RECCOMEND EXTENSION 1 ENGLISH??.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
My schools doing this thing where instead of doing 6 subjects over 2 years, we do 3 subjects in our first year and have double the amount of periods in each and we sit our hsc for them at the end of the year, in our 2nd year we do our other 3 subjects and sit the hsc for them in the 2nd year. They then combine our marks and put together our ATAR. apparently its meant to be better as less to study.

at the moment im doing 2 U maths, chem and business studies. next year ill be doing legal, biology and english extension 1. HOW IS LEGAL??? AND IF IM FIRST IN ENGLISH AND DOING VERY GOOD, WOULD U RECCOMEND EXTENSION 1 ENGLISH??.
Btw is this pathways?

also extension 1 english is great, however its quite different from english advanced. Its a lot more about analysis of genre, context, conventions etc. rather than "find the technique". Its one of those subjects you're either good at or not, some people can study 24/7 and never get the hang of it, others get the hang of it easily with minimal study.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help, at the moment im 1st in 2/3 of my subjects. With maths i was getting such high results last year and now my results have decreased, I am studying more so I don't know why. Would you say its the exam pressure, learning 5 topics for 1 test?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Thanks for your help, at the moment im 1st in 2/3 of my subjects. With maths i was getting such high results last year and now my results have decreased, I am studying more so I don't know why. Would you say its the exam pressure, learning 5 topics for 1 test?
has your performance decreased due to difficulty understanding concepts or mind blanks during the exam?

If the former, you need to study more or get help from your teacher or a tutor if you can't get your head around it on your own. If the latter, you need to study more so as to become more confident in the exam, therefore less stressed and less likely to suffer mental blanks.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Very much enjoyed English and Chemistry.

eat_well

HSC
I love english and physics. Those are also the two subjects I have to work the hardest in to attain a good result.
Least favourite would be maths and ext 1 maths.

Eg155

HSC
thus far: chemistry followed closely by biology :)
then maths
then modern
then japanese cont
then ext 1 english
ENGLISH ADVANCED! ...go die :mad:

avro

HSC
Extension 2 English and Modern History.

ShaxBOS

HSC
I actually enjoy biology, I mean the stuff we do at school is pretty boring but biology as a subject is quite fascinating. If only we didn't have such a horrible teacher.

enoilgam

HSC
Modern history was hands down the best for me. Like most of the state, I hated english with an absolute passion.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
By far Geography, hands down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)