Fck Gregan Sucks (1 Viewer)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Oh, and sacking whittaker was a good move. Henjak to grab the spot after 2007. I still have faith in Gregan, but lets see how I feel after tomorrow mornings match.

ledzeppelin

HSC
phemale_souljah said:
btw big ups to Polota-Nau for his debut last night. To jump from a Parra team straight to the wallabies ('wannabies') is superb skill.
more like it shows the incredible lack of depth in australian rugby union

HSC
I hate the poms, their gay PCness knows no bounds, fuckin pussys:

SMH said:
All Blacks cop flak over haka
http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/11/23/haka_rugbyheaven__350x327.jpg
The throat-slitting gesture at the end of the All Blacks' new haka might not be seen again after a flood of negative reaction in Britain.

All Blacks rugby captain Tana Umaga staunchly defended the haka but conceded the gesture at the end of Kapa o Pango - performed last weekend against England - might be reviewed.

"I suppose so, and that's maybe something we'll have to look at," Umaga said on Tuesday.

"We didn't really think it would cause as much reaction. We've stated what it means and if people don't understand it, then what can we do?"

The act of running a thumb across the throat, performed to menacing effect by Maori halfback Piri Weepu, has been viewed as signifying the slaughter of opponents.

But Kapa o Pango's composer Derek Lardelli explained earlier this year that it was misunderstood.

"Playing rugby at this level, with this intensity, is the cutting edge of sport.

"The players are on the knife edge. They are gladiators in the arena. If they win they are heroes, if they lose they are taken apart."

Columnists in the lead-up to Sunday's 23-19 win over England said the haka should be banned, with one saying the throat-cutting gesture would be grounds for arrest if performed on a street.

Another said the gesture was "nonsensical" and the All Blacks were becoming "impossibly pompous and precious" about the haka, and former Welsh international Gerald Davies was just as outspoken.

"If the haka and its correctness arouses so much sensitivity and acrimony, perhaps it is time, sadly, to disregard it altogether," Davies wrote in The Times.

Umaga and All Blacks coach Graham Henry both rubbished the idea of banning the haka.

"It's part of us - they can ban it if they want to. Teams are intimidated by it and they don't like it, so they want to get rid of it. It's always the same," Umaga said.

"It's part of our culture and part of our history. We do it mainly for ourselves because it connects us with our country while we're away from home."

Henry was even more to the point.

"I think that's absolute rubbish. It's a very important part of our tradition in rugby," Henry said.

"This side has dissected the haka and made sure they know what it all means and is very much part of the culture of the team.

"The new haka represents the different cultures in the team - apart from Maori and European, Samoan, Tongan and Fijian - and they understand that."

NZPA

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
more like it shows the incredible lack of depth in australian rugby union
lol, well put. its great that their looking for new talent to ensure the future success of the team, in such players (didn't he get like MVP of the under 21's this year?). But it's a definite must that you've got to have a strong base to build on anyway, with 'depth' as you put it.

At the moment we certainly don't have that.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Banning the Haka ? Being a staunch Wallaby supporter, even I wouldn't stand for that. It's part of NZ, and their All Blacks, and what's more, it's part of Union. I reckon those columnists from the UK are totally insecure, perhaps even intimidated I'd say. Go swing low some sweet chariot.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
havent read through entire posts... but its funny how eddie said gregan has great leadership blah b;ah.... but in the england test he replaces him at the 55th minute, wehn would u think thats where his leadership is needed most?

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Is it just me or do media outlets and many sports commentators fail to understand the game tactics of union?
Most analysis and preview fails to mention anything about the fine details, with most comments centred on their mental abilities and motivation and rather than skill acquisition in the vital areas such as line-outs, scrummages and ball movement.
Is this "The Wallabies need to dig deeper... sack the coach...try harder" mentality a mask of the real problem - the media personalities just don't understand the game?

HSC
I definitely agree with what you've said Smokey many of the commentators, especially Gordon Bray, focus too much on trite cliched comments concerning effort and the like. Its been a while since I've seen good technical analysis by media/sports commentators on the areas you have mention.
My problem is the fact that Eddie Jones often says similar cliches at press conferences and the like. It was only after our scrum was destroyed in the England Test that he actually focused on any technical/skill deficencies. I believe after the Wales test we should introduce a new coach and captain/halfback. And a scrum/forward school is a must if Australian Rugby is to grow and prosper.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
RanyofuKenyan? said:
I definitely agree with what you've said Smokey many of the commentators, especially Gordon Bray, focus too much on trite cliched comments concerning effort and the like. Its been a while since I've seen good technical analysis by media/sports commentators on the areas you have mention.
My problem is the fact that Eddie Jones often says similar cliches at press conferences and the like. It was only after our scrum was destroyed in the England Test that he actually focused on any technical/skill deficencies. I believe after the Wales test we should introduce a new coach and captain/halfback. And a scrum/forward school is a must if Australian Rugby is to grow and prosper.
I can only imagine what they say at training.

"Ok guys, last saturdays game was good. You tried hard, we lost. This time we gotta try a bit harder, and put in 100%"
I wouldnt be surprised if they have psychologists.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
I can only imagine what they say at training.

"Ok guys, last saturdays game was good. You tried hard, we lost. This time we gotta try a bit harder, and put in 100%"
I wouldnt be surprised if they have psychologists.
yeah they do have a sports psychologist, hes an american guy, i think rod macqueen bought him along, he came along to my clubs training once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)