Fcuked up big time.? (1 Viewer)

daddy-cool

HSC
hey Bored people

basically the low down is....REally fcuked up first sem. @ UWS hawksbury , failed everything (therefore GPA = 0.0 :cool:). Now dont ask me why im @ hawkoz, its a good uni, but itz no use to me coz i wanna do business, n Hawkoz dont offer business, therefore i needed a decent GPA to transfer.......

Right, the question is.....if i was to repeat d sem. next year, wud this years marks even matter?, ie would it bring the gpa down coz itz kind of an average mark thingo..?

as u can tell, im up shit creek w/out a paddle (majorly lost), HELP ME PLZZ!:drink:

cheerz,.!

spence

HSC
You're chances of getting a transfer into any course are very slim. Even if you repeat, then your fails will still fuck up your GPA

daddy-cool

HSC
Ben, people have said it before, i'll say it now, "ur a douchebag"

WORD :cool:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Is this a troll or what? How is it humanely possible to get a GPA of 0 unless you got kicked out of home, your parents divorced, your house got flooded or burnt down, you're battling cancer or some other major disease all at once? I would think someone who entered a university--yes, even though it's UWS and not one of the popular campuses--should have enough intelligence to be able to pass at least one subject.

Andi0390

HSC
Yeah I understand, something times things just get bad and you don't realise it until its too late, or you run away from your problems and ignore the consequences until its too late. I do that.

Your situation is this: you have a bad GPA. You will not be able to transfer with this. If you got straight HDs it would bring you to about the point of a conceded pass/pass which may allow you to transfer somewhere, depending on your UAI. But you have to realistically evaluate if you could those marks.

Your other option would be to not to do another semester and transfer on the basis of your UAI. They only take your GPA into consideration after a year of full time study, ie. 8 units generally. If you were not to do this semester then you wouldn't have that, and therefore would only use your UAI for entrance. If your UAI can get you into business I would do that if its not too late to drop your classes without failure.

Otherwise you just have to stick with what your doing and work your GPA up. Its a permenant thing, it does not go away if you repeat your course.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
hey Bored people

basically the low down is....REally fcuked up first sem. @ UWS hawksbury , failed everything (therefore GPA = 0.0 :cool:). Now dont ask me why im @ hawkoz, its a good uni, but itz no use to me coz i wanna do business, n Hawkoz dont offer business, therefore i needed a decent GPA to transfer.......

Right, the question is.....if i was to repeat d sem. next year, wud this years marks even matter?, ie would it bring the gpa down coz itz kind of an average mark thingo..?

as u can tell, im up shit creek w/out a paddle (majorly lost), HELP ME PLZZ!:drink:

cheerz,.!

hahahaha good uni my ass

1. FAILED
2. EPICALLY FAILED
2. want to do business
3. UWS
4. Enough "itz" in your post to fill up a 2 minute rap song.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
It does sound like you would be better suited to, say, bricklaying.

Andi0390

HSC
Hey I think everyone should be a bit nicer. This guy is aware that he screwed up and he is asking for advice, not judgement.

If you failed because of super exceptional circumstances I believe in some situations some things can be removed from your record. At least that is what I have heard. I could be wrong. If you just failed because you didn't get around to doing the work though you have to deal with it and move on. The reason university is so hard is that you consistantly have to do work and learn new concepts for 3+ years. The content is the easiest part (IMO) where as the consistancy, organisation and work is the hard part.

If you think that you are going to continue having difficulty in this area then maybe take a year off. Do some real work, get your head and priorities in order then come it again. Its not about aptitude its about dedication.

AppleNader

HSC
Mate, i don't think you fully grasp the gravity of your failures...how are you gonna recover from 4 fails in your first semester of uni, especially at a relatively relaxed and non-competitive environment like UWS Hawkesbury???

Even if you ace your next semester ( which is high unlikely) you'll still only have a 2.0 gpa for the year, if you get anything less than HDs( which you will), then your GPA for the year will be something like 1 or 1.5, basically a fail GPA...

Let's say you end up failing more units in the future ( which you probably will), your GPA will be hovering around the 1.5-2 range, you'll never recover..

Just cut your losses pal and regroup, no point in continuing down this path, you've used up all your life lines. You need to drop out of your course and go through tafe or another avenue, you need a fresh plate and a clean academic record...

daddy-cool

HSC
Wow i did not realise that everyone on BOS are superstars, all get straight HD's, for those who gave advice, its greatly appreciated.

Its given me heaps to think about, as someone said, I just didn't get on top of the situation.

cheerz .
Daddy.

ps. what kind of UAI do you need for an internal tranfer into any business course? As you can tell, im not familiar with University protocol...:confused:

q3thefish

HSC
lol dude. woah..

maccas need talented people like u to serve fries and stuff.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Wow i did not realise that everyone on BOS are superstars, all get straight HD's, for those who gave advice, its greatly appreciated.

Its given me heaps to think about, as someone said, I just didn't get on top of the situation.

cheerz .
Daddy.

ps. what kind of UAI do you need for an internal tranfer into any business course? As you can tell, im not familiar with University protocol...:confused:
Getting straight HDs? No dude, it's because you failed EVERYTHING. I had a complete mental breakdown this semester and still went well.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol. Well I know a girl who went to UNSW and failed everything in her first sem.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^At least it's UNSW. She must've literally not done anything all semester, apart from turn up to the exam and write her name on it.

Roguedeth

HSC
Fake not possible to fail all 4 units and enter a university that doesn't offer what you want.

HSC
N/A
why would you want to study 'business'....
just start your own
dont study for the sake of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)