Federer or Hewitt? (1 Viewer)

Who do you feel is the better sportman/sport?

• Roger Federer

Votes: 102 91.1%
  • Lleyton Hewitt

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Riviet said:
I don't think Hewitt has ever considered himself as the cause of his losses.
I agree. And, Nesty, I couldn't stop laughing after reading your post. you just summed up everything..LOL.

Glad hewitt in outta the open. Haas aint gonna smash federer, just watch. federer's gonna win straight sets :D. ok, im going a little far.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
YBK said:
actually, he did get angry.

of course he did, anyone in his position would have. im just saying he didn't make the world's biggest deal out of it like hewitt would have if he was in his place.

xlr8-crillz

HSC
nah haas wont win, he struggled against luzcak (not saying the aussie is bad though). oh and 1more thing, are there any aussies women/men still left in the open.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Samantha Stosur is playing for Australia against Hingis tonight!!! :D

xlr8-crillz

HSC
ahhh that = 0 aussies now. i really didnt know who to go for yesterday.

it was like, shes the last hope but then hingis's "fairtale comeback".

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
xlr8-crillz said:
nah haas wont win, he struggled against luzcak (not saying the aussie is bad though). oh and 1more thing, are there any aussies women/men still left in the open.
He got mighty close to beating Federer.

I seriously don't think Federer is unbeatable. Haas hasn't been playing all that much tennis and he really troubled Federer. Imagine what would happen when he gets more and more match play. Federer better look out!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
YBK said:
I seriously don't think Federer is unbeatable.
I agree, last year Safin beat Federer in the Aus Open, but it was a close one too as Federer had a match point or two if I remember right and he lost the match point from a through the legs shot. I still like Federer though. He's so cool. :cool:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Riviet said:
I agree, last year Safin beat Federer in the Aus Open, but it was a close one too as Federer had a match point or two if I remember right and he lost the match point from a through the legs shot. I still like Federer though. He's so cool. :cool:

i agree, federer isn't unbeatalbe, but he's beaten very rarely. he played so amazingly well yesterday in the first two sets, i couldn't sleep. i was so sure he'd win straight sets. idno what happened to him, nor do i get what came over haas. but the 5th set just made my hmm...morning. the game finished around 12:45 eh..it was amazing, left me on the edge of my seat about to scream.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
His interviews are usually pretty funny too. Well, the ones on the court straight after a match anyway. He gets abit cagey in those press conference ones lol

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Haas stepped up his game in the 3rd set, trying to get back into the match, hence the 3rd and 4th set wins. But Federer improved his game in the 5th, playing some of his best tennis, including this massive 160km/h forehand winner, which ended up as a hotshot. :eek:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Sarah168 said:
His interviews are usually pretty funny too. Well, the ones on the court straight after a match anyway. He gets abit cagey in those press conference ones lol

hahahha i know eh! yesterday, on court, halfway thru the game, he hit a ball outta the court, haas hit it back towards federer, and federer kicked it with the back of his leg right at the ball boy standing under the umpire. it hit him right at the wrong spot...and the kid kinda stumbled. everyone laughed, federer signed a sorry and just remarked..'hey you gotta be ready!" hehehhe i couldn't stop laughing. and at the end, when he was talking to the commentator, i forget his name, he was so funny.."yeah my forehand was kinda crap, i tried to pull it together." LOL the whole crowd was surprised at that word "crap"! lol ah he's amazing.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
he used the word crap cos Jim courier (i love how he is so condesending to the idiotic J.Alexander) used it first saying "You're forehand was kinda crappy there in the 3rd and 4th sets" ...or something like that lol

I JUST missed that bit where he kicked the ball. I just caught the end of someone saying Federer said "You gotta be ready!" Damn :(

sarevok

HSC
i don't think haas played that great in that match. he was absolutely smacked down in the first two sets and in the third and fourth federer just started shanking forehands he would usually hit for winners, double-faulting etc. maybe federer just felt he needed practice in five-set matches and gifted haas with two sets? who knows :p

btw, how awesome was that rally where federer was at the net and haas finally won it with a diving forehand volley? brilliant :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
just saw something on the news and haas was saying that hearing some commentator (i bet it's jim courier he's talking about lol) talk about federer like he's a tennis God makes him sick. Whoa, sour grapes :p

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
pLuvia said:
lol which set did that accident happen in?
i think in the 3rd set. i couldn't stop laughing. it was so cute, yet funny.

haas did put up an amazing fight, he played so god damn well in the 3rd and 4th set, what you talking about sarevok. that match was just way too good, i'll never forget it.

sarevok

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
haas did put up an amazing fight, he played so god damn well in the 3rd and 4th set, what you talking about sarevok.
no way, take a look at the match statistics on the official site. haas actually hit around the same number of winenrs in each set; 7 in the 1st, 6 in the 3rd, 7 in the 5th. the difference is that federer's unforced errors went up...from 10 in the first set to 21 in the third. that's not haas playing great, that's federer playing like crap.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I definitely noticed Federer played more unforced errors in the third/fourth set, maybe that's why Haas appeared to be playing better when he was really maintainnig the quality of his game and winning those sets. :)

xlr8-crillz

HSC
Sarah168 said:
yeh his interviews are great but have u heard some other players interviews. they are like so stoned and boring. Andy's ones used to be funny too. o and have u guys ever heard sharapova give an invterview(like just after the match). OMG she is purposely trying to laugh on every occasion.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
sarevok said:
no way, take a look at the match statistics on the official site. haas actually hit around the same number of winenrs in each set; 7 in the 1st, 6 in the 3rd, 7 in the 5th. the difference is that federer's unforced errors went up...from 10 in the first set to 21 in the third. that's not haas playing great, that's federer playing like crap.
bah, NO ONE will lose 2 sets intentionally to ANY player.

That's plain stupid.

And Haas did play better, not everything is winners and unforced errors u know. He pressured federer more which led to fed's unforced errors. It's called cause and effect mate. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)