Federer or Hewitt? (1 Viewer)

Who do you feel is the better sportman/sport?

• Roger Federer

Votes: 102 91.1%
  • Lleyton Hewitt

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
xlr8-crillz said:
yeh his interviews are great but have u heard some other players interviews. they are like so stoned and boring. Andy's ones used to be funny too. o and have u guys ever heard sharapova give an invterview(like just after the match). OMG she is purposely trying to laugh on every occasion.
yeah i noticed, it's pretty funny actually :rofl:

sarevok

HSC
YBK said:
And Haas did play better, not everything is winners and unforced errors u know. He pressured federer more which led to fed's unforced errors. It's called cause and effect mate.
genius, i was not being 100% serious when i suggested federer gifted haas with two sets :p

and if federer's errors were casued by haas' pressure, they would have been recorded as forced errors, not unforced :rolleyes:

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
sarevok said:
and if federer's errors were casued by haas' pressure, they would have been recorded as forced errors, not unforced :rolleyes:
not exactly, the human psychology is something hard to comprehend. Federer needed to return Haas' shots with a lot of power in order to stay in the point.

At the beginning of the match, Haas was merely keeping the ball in play, allowing Federer to dictate play. But by the 3rd set it was quite the opposite, and Federer couldn't dictate, and he found it hard to compensate; hence the so called "unforced errors".

I completly agree with rnitya_25, for once :D
She recognized that Haas improved his play in the 3rd and 4th set. Which is true.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You had to watch the whole match to observe the difference between the first two sets and the 3rd and 4th. The final set was when Federer stepped up his game and played some amazing tennis.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the 3rd and 4th set were filled with those horrid forehands of federer :)eek: ). They were all goign wayward for awhile there lol

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
YBK said:
not exactly, the human psychology is something hard to comprehend. Federer needed to return Haas' shots with a lot of power in order to stay in the point.

At the beginning of the match, Haas was merely keeping the ball in play, allowing Federer to dictate play. But by the 3rd set it was quite the opposite, and Federer couldn't dictate, and he found it hard to compensate; hence the so called "unforced errors".

I completly agree with rnitya_25, for once :D
She recognized that Haas improved his play in the 3rd and 4th set. Which is true.

why thank you! someone out there...hehe.
federer did kinda have something happen to him after the 2nd set, but that's not all that contributed to his crappyness in the 3rd and 4th set, haas kinda took advantage of federer's weakness, stress and yeah.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well of course they're not the same! :]

Last edited:

Leggy McLegs

HSC
I really don't like Hewitt. He doesn't have the fire and passion he used to have for tennis. I blame Bec.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
Riviet said:
Well of course they're not the same! Who knows what the difference is? :]
Forced Error - when your opponent plays a shot which literally 'forces' you to lose a point, ie. good serve, well placed/powerful shot (nb. not to be confused with a winner)

Unforced Error - when the player misses a shot that by all rights they would normally have gotten in, but they just fucked it up - for whatever reason

Riviet

HSC
N/A
SSaint said:
Forced Error - when your opponent plays a shot which literally 'forces' you to lose a point, ie. good serve, well placed/powerful shot (nb. not to be confused with a winner)

Unforced Error - when the player misses a shot that by all rights they would normally have gotten in, but they just fucked it up - for whatever reason
Ah cool, thanks for clarifying that. :)

I personally thought Roger did alot more errors generally, some forced from his opponent, others were just because he wasn't played that well during that period of the match.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Riviet said:
Ah cool, thanks for clarifying that. :)

I personally thought Roger did alot more errors generally, some forced from his opponent, others were just because he wasn't played that well during that period of the match.

yeah i kinda noticed that too, they were mainly unforced errors though, he's like standing almost a metre to a ball and he misses it for whatever reason. but its not just him, also other players like when he played haas and when he played keifer yesterday. can't wait for federer vs. baghdatis!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)