• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fidel Castro Steps Down as Leader of Cuba (1 Viewer)

god's pie

Banned
HSC
N/A
(CNN) -- Fidel Castro announced his resignation as president of Cuba and commander-in-chief of Cuba's military on Tuesday, according to a letter published in the state-run newspaper, Granma.

Castro, 81, temporarily handed power to his younger brother Raul Castro in July 2006 after undergoing intestinal surgery. He hasn't been seen in public since his surgery, but he has appeared in numerous videos and photos in state media.

In December 2007, a Cuban television news anchor read a letter reportedly written by Fidel Castro promising he would not "cling to office" or be an impediment to rising young leaders. Castro rose to power in 1959.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/02/19/castro/index.html
:rofl: about time.

boris

Banned
HSC
Where is Comrade Nathan.

Find him, he needs to go on suicide watch.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Comrade Ari got banned yesterday for no reason:(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Been a long time coming. Sorta expected that he'd step down when he was hospitalised.

HSC
So, after 49 years, an idiotic embargo, countless dollars spent on ousting him, age is the only thing that manages to get rid of him.

And I expect this will be trumpteted as a decisive victory of the West over the Tyrranical Communazis Cuba?

Good job chaps.

boris2003

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
typical servo-wallachian communist sympathiser :eek:

anyway, when Fidel dies is he going to be worshipped like Kim Il-Sung in north korea? :D
Loser, i don't support him because he is a communist. Actually on the contrary, i support him as he stepped up and defended his people from the evil that tried to occupy his country. Long live Castro

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
boris2003 said:
Loser, i don't support him because he is a communist. Actually on the contrary, i support him as he stepped up and defended his people from the evil that tried to occupy his country. Long live Castro
And then injected twice as much evil in its place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)