fights, disagreements and etcs (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
lol jkd

i got so fed up with never having any clean dishes & cutlery once that i did them myself. he said "you shouldn't be doing that", my reply "not like you will"

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I've never had a big fight because I've never been in the situation where there have been major issues in a relationship which I had different viewpoints to my partner about, but in general if she's PMSy or whatever I don't look for trouble and give her space. But when it comes down to it, I'll never admit I'm wrong, but hey, I'm male so what else is new :)

Skeeta

HSC
oh god this subject causes me pain

i'm the kinda person who wants to get it all out.. i either want to talk about it, think about it, or have a big fight about it - i dont really care what it takes i want it to be out in the open

but the minute i start talking about anything that might bring up any potential drama my b/f is always like - i'm just gonna get angry/annoyed/upset i dont wanna talk about it

and i think thats dumb because it means hes reallly annoyed/angry/upset about the subject anyway and isnt telling me about it..

davin

HSC
N/A
i mean, in those guys defenses...girls are pretty much just glorified dishwashers

santaslayer

HSC
I get email/messages/confrontations either on the spot or th day after. Usually she's the one that has to get some issue off her chest. I can't see any issues. What? I just refrained from buying her anything on Valentines. Nothing wrong with that.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
my ex and i argued about absolutely EVERYTHING, we have very different views and are both the argumentative type. when a big issue arose, we broke up

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Basically the fights i have with my boyfriend involve him doing something that i get the shits about then i'll silently fume because i just assume he'll automatically know what i'm shitty about. Real mature i know. But then after he asks me whats wrong and i just tell him we just talk through it and it soughts things out pretty quickly.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
sparkl3z said:
how do u pple manage to get into fights?
you're either

* very submissive/passive and not really passionate about anything in particular

* you've never spoken to anyone normal

* you think that 'fight' meant screaming, shouting etc.

or more than one of the above...

back to the question, i honestly just talk it out. If we're both not sober, then we sleep on it. If we're sober we talk about it until we reach some sort of agreement, never to be slept on or disregarded. Anything hidden or bottled up is only going to be damaging to our relationship.

That's how we've dealt for the last 2.5 years.

Last edited:

huh!?

wrath of the wax!!MUHAHA!
HSC
trust me, the only thing that will stop fights or break ups, is the ability to compromise. not EVERYONE has that ability. sometimes its better to compromise so ur partner can let things cool. after that you can both talk about it later n get it fixed. but dont we "break up to make up?" srsly, if there were no fights relationships would be soooo boring. me and my gf do it everytime. it aint a big deal, bcoz we both know in the end it'll be allright. every1 duz it.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I'm having a huge falling out with my best friend, who I've known since I was little and a large part of it is her inability to deal with arguments, eg pretending everythings fine when its not, and im really sick of it.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
We sit and talk it out, its one of the things I absolutely adore about him and our relationship. Sure, we get angry at each other over v.v. petty things and throw arguments back and forth, but, at the end of the day, if we've got something on our mind, we just talk about it. Its much more effective than fighting and bitching like I've done with others in the past. You feel a lot more mature and in control, and its no longer an argument with a winner and a loser - its just us trying to sort it out so we can go on being happy with each other and enjoying each others time.

Life is way too short to bitch and fight. Just get it out in the open and talk about it. That said, not everyone is as level-headed or patient as that. Personally, I put most of our ability to discuss problems comes down to the fact we're both psych students and can pick holes in our own arguments (thus making us less stubborn and more willing to talk about it!) :)

Always

HSC
My boyfriend and I used to argue all the time. He had problems with the way I do things, my habits, my approach to life in general. After many late nights we finally managed to sort through our problems and have to a mutual understanding/acceptance, and all is well - at least for the time been.

olchik

HSC
"Life is way too short to bitch and fight. Just get it out in the open and talk about it. That said, not everyone is as level-headed or patient as that.'

I completely agree with that. We always try to talk about our fights. Just when we both know that our fight was empty we forget it.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
you're either

* very submissive/passive and not really passionate about anything in particular

* you've never spoken to anyone normal

* you think that 'fight' meant screaming, shouting etc.

or more than one of the above...
lol...i'm talking about in relationships, i've never had a "fight" honestly.

GubGub

HSC
azzie said:
i was just thinking... how do you people deal with fights and tensions in a relationship? do you go all out and fight to get it over with or do you just go along with what your partner does? does the silent treatment work? are disagreements normal or do you have relationships where there are "no fights"?

personally i think getting huffy is stupid and that whoever was being a dickhead should own up and the relationship should move on. no need for excess drama.

but then im really weird. any other oppinions?

Mate if its not meant to be its not meant to be!... too easy

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
sparkl3z said:
lol...i'm talking about in relationships, i've never had a "fight" honestly.
are you sure you have even had a relationship. disagreements are a part of relationships

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
....i have one now, really, i can't find anything to argue about with him, his thoughts are almost always the same as mine, and when they are different i respect that, but he has never said anything that i would fight over.

Collin

HSC
N/A
sparkl3z said:
....i have one now, really, i can't find anything to argue about with him, his thoughts are almost always the same as mine, and when they are different i respect that, but he has never said anything that i would fight over.
Your assertive rating: 0.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
:D i don't need to be assertive ahhaha...i'd argue with anybody, but my boyfriend, i can't find nothing...it is a possibility you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)