Finally canged from standard to advanced english (1 Viewer)

erfanau1

HSC
i put my name down for adv english last year but i didnt get moved to it and got placed to standard and was told that there was no space...later on in 1st week ppl got moved up to adv which had a lower sc mark than me!:angry:soo then i kept annoying the head teacher at my school for 4 weeks till he confessed that my last year teacher didnt move let me move up(i pissed her off too much last year)....then this week i went to him again and annoyed him till he craked and yelled "OK ILL PUT U IN ADV":drink:

I AM SOO HAPPY but unfortunatly i have missed a term of work and the 1/2 yealies are next week so therefore im staying in standard for the rest of this term then moving up !
:shy::hammer:

ilikebeeef

HSC
i put my name down for adv english last year but i didnt get moved to it and got placed to standard and was told that there was no space...later on in 1st week ppl got moved up to adv which had a lower sc mark than me!:angry:soo then i kept annoying the head teacher at my school for 4 weeks till he confessed that my last year teacher didnt move let me move up(i pissed her off too much last year)....then this week i went to him again and annoyed him till he craked and yelled "OK ILL PUT U IN ADV":drink:

I AM SOO HAPPY but unfortunatly i have missed a term of work and the 1/2 yealies are next week so therefore im staying in standard for the rest of this term then moving up !
Grats.

erfanau1

HSC
dno..my teacher said theyre marked diff :S but i dnt wana change anyways this term cause we did a novel study and other class did poetry text types soo yeh....yehhh the teachers a rat...couldve moved me from start!

ilikebeeef

HSC
dno..my teacher said theyre marked diff :S but i dnt wana change anyways this term cause we did a novel study and other class did poetry text types soo yeh....yehhh the teachers a rat...couldve moved me from start!
The modules are marked differently but the common papers are marked the same.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
LOL at thread title, it should be 'changed'. YOU DON'T DESERVE YOUR ADVANCED SPOT!
only kidding, GRATZ.

muzeikchun852

HSC
The modules are different for both Standard and Advanced in both Prelims and HSC. What is your point?
is just wat we doing in advanced is different from standard. we are doing the area of study but standard is just analysing text without an area of study.

muzeikchun852

HSC
No, there IS an area of study in both Prelims and HSC for Standard. Maybe you're just not doing it yet.
i DO have a study of area, is just the standard class dont have one. [im doing advanced]

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
i DO have a study of area, is just the standard class dont have one. [im doing advanced]
At the school i go to (and erfan/OP does) both standard and advanced are doing an area of study (journeys), only the set texts vary - advanced are doing contemporary poetry and standard are reading some book. Our half yearly papers are identical according to the teachers.

Edit: Btw for people who arent exactly sure what this threads significance is, at our school only 50 people are allowed to take advanced english. The head teacher eventually allowed some people who brought in notes from their parents, did well in the school certificate in to the classes. OP has been trying quite hard to get in to advanced all year and the head teacher finally let him do advanced lol.

Last edited:

Essjaybee

HSC
I get that most of it is because you're talking on the internet, but before you move up I suggest you revise the use of plurals, words like "who" and "which", the placement of adjectives and nouns in a sentence, the use (more specifically overuse) of conjunctions and tautology.

I assumed that your use of capitolisation, punctuation and spelling (slang/typos) are affected by publishing this informally on the internet.

Oh and I almost forgot to congratulate you :). Reading it over i realise it sounds kind of bitchy, and believe me I'm not perfect. I just thought it might be able to help you improve. Sorry in advance if I corrected you wrongly in any way.

i put my name down for adv english last year but i didnt get moved to it and got placed to standard and was told that there was no space...later on in [THE] 1st week ppl got moved up to adv which had a lower sc mark than me!:angry:soo then i kept annoying the head teacher at my school for 4 weeks till he confessed that my last year teacher didnt move let me move up(i pissed her off too much last year)....then this week i went to him again and annoyed him till he craked and yelled "OK ILL PUT U IN ADV":drink:

I AM SOO HAPPY but unfortunatly i have missed a term of work and the 1/2 yealies are next week so therefore im staying in standard for the rest of this term then moving up!
I put my name down for Advanced English last year but I didnt get moved into it. I was placed in Standard English and told that there was no space. Later on in the first week people were moved up to Advanced English who had lower S.C. marks than me! So I kept annoying the head teacher at my school for 4 weeks until he confessed that my teacher from last year didn't let me move up (I pissed her off too much last year). This week I went to him again and annoyed him until he cracked and yelled "OK I'LL PUT YOU IN ADVANCED":drink:

I am so happy but unfortunately I have missed a term of work and the half-yearlies are next week. So Im staying in Standard English for the rest of this term then moving up !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)