Finish a subject 3 terms early (1 Viewer)

freaky.styly

HSC
well it's General Maths, which imo shouldn't actually exist it's so easy.
What
do u think they'd do
if i completed the entire textbook over the xmas holidays, 3 terms early.
early assessments? Mooore library sesh's

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Maybe you should be looking at picking up a higher level of Maths. Well, that's what I think after reading your post.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I thnk you'd be an idiot to. Doubt they'd let you skip class/have early assessments. Even if you think you're 'too good' for general maths, you'll never have as good an understanding based just on the textbook than through attending class and working through at a slower pace.

9deuce

MADE
HSC
Move up to Mathematics.
My school put me into General when I wanted to do Mathematics, and the fuckers didn't let me change.

If you want to bludge, then it's General.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
from what your signature reads. i think you should spend the holiday time doing all those units of english.

freaky.styly

HSC
the major projects. that being the exact reason why i chose to do General, in favour of Mathematics where i'd have a whole lot more work to complete. A whole lot more time would be necessary too.

You'd badmouth it too if you'd seen the work.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
General Maths isn't as easy as you think it is. If you have been selected for that level or have chosen to do general then it is likely you would not be able to do it 'over the holidays'- at least not adequately.

savio23q

Band
HSC
2 unit g-unit? LOL what are you ashamed to write "general maths"

On topic, I wouldn't finish 3 terms early. If you do, it's likely you will forget what you did early on and black out during exams. Work at a steady pace. Let everything soak in and become part of your long term memory. Finishing the entire textbook in 1 month and then revising just before exams isn't the way to go. I was often 1 or 2 chapters ahead and I found that's what worked best for me.

If you really wanna finish 3 terms early, by all means....go nuts. Show everyone how elite you are.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
I can knock over the entire advanced course in 2 weeks in feburary. yeah boi.

savio23q

Band
HSC
jasonml said:
I can knock over the entire advanced course in 2 weeks in feburary. yeah boi.
Wow, considering you dont do maths at all (according to your sig), you're awesome. :rolleyes:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
What were you doing picking general???
The school wont let you to do anything early so that was a bad decision on your part if you can complete the course so easily.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
What kind of disgusting human being does general maths

freaky.styly

HSC
well see here's the deal.
i started off in 3 Unit before realising that English and the humanities were my top priority - mathematics which would never be relevant to my choice of career path, would be time wasted.
General is in part, quite similar to the Year 10 5.3 course - hence most of it i have already covered.

So certainly then you say it is not possible to sit assessments early?
And that if i were to finish the course early, is it necessary that i complete certain course hours? - or instead just go to the library and treat the maths periods as free/learning centre periods. Suppose it's at the teacher's discretion

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
freaky.styly said:
i started off in 3 Unit before realising that English and the humanities were my top priority - mathematics which would never be relevant to my choice of career path, would be time wasted.
General is in part, quite similar to the Year 10 5.3 course - hence most of it i have already covered.

And that if i were to finish the course early, is it necessary that i complete certain course hours? - or instead just go to the library and treat the maths periods as free/learning centre periods. Suppose it's at the teacher's discretion
how can u sit assessments early? u have to do the same test as everyone else or u wont know how u went...the difficulty varies for different exams...
and yes you have to complete course hours.
and even if u know it all, u shud still attend class. ur still not perfect even if u know everything so u can always practise more in class and u hav to complete the hours anyway.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
freaky.styly said:
well it's General Maths, which imo shouldn't actually exist it's so easy.
What
do u think they'd do
if i completed the entire textbook over the xmas holidays, 3 terms early.
early assessments? Mooore library sesh's
less library sesh's, more picking up better maths sesh's

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
freaky.styly said:

are you hoping for it to go towards your UAI? if not then dont do much more on it, if so then PICK UP MATHEMATICS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)