• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

FINS2624 Portfolio Management Semester 1 2012 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I love FINS2624 this semester. This Joakim Bang guy seems really knowledgeable. Apparently he is much better than "Henry Yip" , which has been the lecturer of the subject for the last few years. Apparently Henry Yip was a real hardass lol.

LOL, 22% assessment is online quizzes this semester. It's about time I got some good luck and got a break.

But seriously, who keeps emailing the guy, raging about the textbook (that the UNSW bookshop is apparently out of) ? You guys pissed him off that much that he made an annoucement on blackboard about it. XP

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i got 4/10 on quiz 2

and then i got a friend to help me. TEN OUT OF TEN

Donald_Duck

Banned
HSC
N/A
i got 4/10 on quiz 2

and then i got a friend to help me. TEN OUT OF TEN
How does one person get so retarded? The quizzes are piss easy. If you aren't getting at least 8 on every attempt you should just drop out now.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL I remember arguing to hell and back with my 3630 lecturer back in the day until he agreed to remark every quiz.

And I still disagree with his damn teaching that risk only refers to negative/adverse effects of risk as opposed to volatility in outcome.

Last edited:

Donald_Duck

Banned
HSC
N/A
LOL I remember arguing to hell and back with Henry Yip back in the day until he agreed to remark every quiz.

And I still disagree with his damn teaching that risk only refers to negative/adverse effects of risk as opposed to volatility in outcome.
why do you give a shit?

it is just assumed that risk always results in a bad outcome. Yeah, you can win sometime but the word is usually taken to mean a negative outcome. y were u arguing about it though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
why do you give a shit?

it is just assumed that risk always results in a bad outcome. Yeah, you can win sometime but the word is usually taken to mean a negative outcome. y were u arguing about it though.
I realised I got Henry mixed up with my other lecturer who I didn't like- Jianfeng Shen.

Either way, I cared because I was paying to be there and to learn something- worse yet, sometimes it felt like we were going backwards. Jianfeng (who taught 3630) did not teach me anything and his lecture slides on securitisation were based on the Wikipedia article. Given that he was also trying to teach us risk management in a bank (coincidentally that's what I do in practice) I was extremely frustrated listening to him babble on about crap he had read in a textbook or a magazine since he hadn't ever worked in risk management.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have an hour or so to do my online quiz for it... AND NO ONE'S GIVEN ME ANSWERS YET.

will have to do it myself

brb failing :(

pwldk

HSC
i dont know.. yip seems pretty nice. and he explains really clear though. dont know why so many ppl hate him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)