• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

First Album you bought (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Michael Jackson - Dangerous. I only bought it because I liked the cover.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
-sigh- i have to say... i was another of those spice girls purchasers

walrusbear

HSC
my memory is kinda hazy but i think it was like the simpsons cd or maybe ben folds five - whatever and ever amen

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Hanson-Middle of Nowhere. I still have it. I'm considering getting it framed.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The first one I went out and bought was... The Backstreet Boys. lol. The second one was Spiceworld, followed by Aqua. Yes, I am suitably ashamed of myself.

The first CD I ever got though (my dad bought it for me) was by a band called Frente, does anyone remember them? I loved that song "accidently kelly st".... I had the little mermaid soundtrack as well, but that was on cassette lol.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time.
And it was a pirated copy. But I was about 11 or 12 so I didn't know!

Dave85

HSC
hanson ...middle of nowhere :( yes i know, i was a very very disturbed 12 year old...

Auto Wah

Lundy said:
Michael Jackson - Dangerous. I only bought it because I liked the cover.
You're a genius that's what you are!!

Dave85 said:
hanson ...middle of nowhere yes i know, i was a very very disturbed 12 year old...
i see you must be hella depressed or something, Must be losing it there at the age of 12.

I haven't listened to my first album that i bought for a LONG LONG time.

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
Mine was No DOubt-Tragic Kingdom, followed by an Alanis Morrisette single head over feet...teehee...then Spicegirls...aaahhh....those were the days of good pop...

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
The first one I went out and bought was... The Backstreet Boys. lol. The second one was Spiceworld, followed by Aqua. Yes, I am suitably ashamed of myself.

The first CD I ever got though (my dad bought it for me) was by a band called Frente, does anyone remember them? I loved that song "accidently kelly st".... I had the little mermaid soundtrack as well, but that was on cassette lol.
I used to love "Accidently Kelly St"... but I was also a very lonely child.

Did anyone else have tapes? I had heaps of tapes- the first one I got was Dangerous- MJ closely followed by Frank Sinatra.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I had lots of tapes. I even had a tape holder and I took it with me everywhere. Do they even sell tapes anymore??

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:

I loved Frente, I own both the 'Shape' and 'Marvin The Album' albums and I had a massive unbelievably huge crush on Angie Hart... <i>Accidently Kelly Street, where friends and strangers sometimes meet, Accidently Kelly Street, I never knew life could be so sweet</i>

First cd I owned was the "New Kids On The Block - Tour Souvenir Collection" cd from 1989, this was followed up by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Original Move Soundtrack and the Video Hits 1990 Compliation cd.

Before that were an abundant amount of tapes including such bands as Roxette, Midnight Oil, Milli Vanilli, PJ and Duncan and one of the first australian girl bands, Girlfriend....most of these were copies made from my nextdoor neighbours who were around my age which I grew up with...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
presidents of the usa - selftitled or smashing pumpkins - mellon collie and the infinite sadness

i cant remember which came first, but either way at least i don't regret either of them :)

lundy: i'm pretty sure they still sell tapes, i see them every now and then, just not often

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I saw some tapes at a record store near my place today, but not recent albums, stuff like Pavarotti etc.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
mine was sheryl crow - tuesday night music club or whatever it was called

and i used to have millions of tapes because i had to use them for dancing anyway

i loved frente. angie hart was good in splendid too, and she co-wrote a song with joss whedon so she's cool in my book : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)