First dates (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah, I'd do it, however I'd let a girl do it if she really wanted. However, I'd make a line like "I hope you don't expect me to sleep with you, just because you bought me dinner" though I would anyway.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
transcendent said:
my first first date $100, $90 of which came from the cost of the dinner.
Exactly the reason you find other ways of taking girls out.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Barnesi said:
Would you pay for the first date or not? Why?
I wouldn't expect him to pay for me, i don't mind spliting the bill or paying my own way, or if he insists on paying next time i'll pay.

HSC
Barnesi said:
Would you pay for the first date or not? Why?
Probably not, I find it a little presumptuous trying to pay for someone, like it's suggesting that they can't do it for themselves. Money isn't a priority of mine at all, so any chivalrous value that it may have is robbed the fact that it feels like an exceptionally hollow gesture.

On top of that, when I'm out with someone it's because I want to be with them, so money isn't really on the agenda at all. Splitting everything 50/50 or taking it in turns is a nice way to deal with that side of things in a non-obtrusive way so it doesn't interrupt the date.

I never really understood any positive messages that paying for a date would send. To me it always just seemed like it would be implying superiority, charity, or cheapness on your partner's part.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
It's funny how girls are willing to pay half....but not the whole damn thing...? :p
oh hey, what can i say, i'm povo and a tightass :)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Let me think... first date...

Ah, yes... she bought the popcorn and refreshments, and I bought the movie tickets.

Nowadays, we just pay for each other's stuff at random... she bought me a drink today... and later, I bought her a sandwich.

I like the system. The system works. :)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
that system works for friends too- i wont give money to someone who is just a friend, but im fine with loaning money to my close mates coz i know i'll get it back in some way

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Lhyviathan said:

Ah, yes... she bought the popcorn and refreshments, and I bought the movie tickets.

Nowadays, we just pay for each other's stuff at random... she bought me a drink today... and later, I bought her a sandwich.

when u want her to buy sometihng make it big, and when yuor turn comes, use yuor lose change to pay for her.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
I've always gone halves in dates, but if it goes well I pay for the first one...

...cos it gives you a really easy excuse to have a second one!

"You owe me two coffees... plus a slice of cake in interest!" ;)
yeah that goes 4 the girl too :D coz if he payed for me then i'd just be like
hey.....i took that as a loan dude....so that means i have to pay you back kinda thing, its a really really good excuse! But anyway after that both should just pay for eachother whenever.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Lhyviathan said:

That's the best system. Very much smoother than the ugliness of "I bought lunch yesterday, it's your turn today"... which sometimes is necessary but that doesn't make it any less... uh.. I'm stuck on the word ugly, so I'm gonna use it. Ugly.

gronkboyslim

HSC
depends, you cant take her somewhere expensive and expect her to pay half.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
gronkboyslim said:
depends, you cant take her somewhere expensive and expect her to pay half.
Yeah, take her somewhere not expensive (not somewhere scabby). If she wants to go somewhere else, tell her only if she pays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)