first day of school (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
Evilo said:
From memory ours were $25 or something like that. And the diary was compulsery.
Are you freaking serious? Every other person I know gets theirs free. Our school is blegh. But omg, $25? That's so ridiculous. Private or selective school by any chance?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Diary's free with school fees. Don't have to pay school fees this year :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I don't have to pay zilch for my subjects this year then :uhhuh:

sickofbans

Banned
HSC
We don't get diarys, most people have little planner things in their folders already.

My school used to give out these really fancy ones with a leather cover etc. to everyone in the school but realised they were a waste of money.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
We sit in the hall where the principal/deputy principal will inundate us with stats from the Class of 2007 and how they expect us to do better, considering last years median UAI was like 98.45 or something. Then we get our timetables and scooter off to class.

Evilo

HSC
bassistx said:
Are you freaking serious? Every other person I know gets theirs free. Our school is blegh. But omg, $25? That's so ridiculous. Private or selective school by any chance?
Boys private school. oh well.

happii

HSC
timetables
diaries
year meeting
BBALL AT LUNCH
then hopefull my new timetable will allow me to go home early!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
You guyz have to pay tuition fees? Being serious? I thought noone had to pay anything!

$25 for the diary? They are rubbish!

Yeah I got a 'lovely' leather-covered diary last year.

People can get planners for free from lots of places: SMH (I got 2 so far), school (1), tutoring school (1) so basically I can't find enough space to stick all of them around my house. lolz.

To Chibios: What's your school? I guess it's a selective single sex (definitely female. lolz) school. 98.45 is 0.45 higher than the dux of my school last year! lolz. The years before the dux used to get 99.75. OMG. This relentless descending is a shame.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Undermyskin said:
You guyz have to pay tuition fees? Being serious? I thought noone had to pay anything!

$25 for the diary? They are rubbish!

Yeah I got a 'lovely' leather-covered diary last year.

People can get planners for free from lots of places: SMH (I got 2 so far), school (1), tutoring school (1) so basically I can't find enough space to stick all of them around my house. lolz.

To Chibios: What's your school? I guess it's a selective single sex (definitely female. lolz) school. 98.45 is 0.45 higher than the dux of my school last year! lolz. The years before the dux used to get 99.75. OMG. This relentless descending is a shame.
I go to Sydney Girls High School: the supreme nerd factory.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Naah. It's a good school! I know a 'nerd' who gets into yr 11 this year and is studying 4u, English, Chem and Physics at James An College. She's not a geek at all! She knows mostly everything and her precocious mind-development is superb! I admire her. Very very very smart! She wants to to Med and she's gonna get it. I bet my house!

To babikakez: Are you from Taylors' College? Sorry if I'm wrong. It's strange you have to pay school fees.

Last edited:

bassistx

HSC
babikakez said:
I have a scholarship as well, but it only covers tuition fees and subject levies. So I still have to fork out $14 for a diary.
Fork out? You make it sound horrible! Be grateful! lol

HSC
Kujah said:
Scholarship :D
I'm a little prissy private boy. lol, i got a 75% off fees (highest bloody schlorship they offered) for 11 and 12 otherwise i couldn't stay, saves my parents 9grand so it's a win win, sort of.....
Cheers!
Btw, everyone gets a free diary at mine... SUCKER :p.

bassistx

HSC
I didn't know high schools offered scholarships.. I thought that was a college thing. I've been living under a boulder :( lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)