First Day (1 Viewer)

Solano17

AussieYAnKee
HSC
How was everyones first day? Mine was pretty good actually, apart from forgetting there was no tute and therefore turning up 2 hours early

0hNivlek

HSC
It was great until i kept on falling in and out of consciousness during the lectures lol..

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Helped a few first years get around Building 4. The room numbering is really confusing... Even I still get lost in it o_O

Still, it's good to be back =]

BowDown2

HSC
N/A
Helped a few first years get around Building 4. The room numbering is really confusing... Even I still get lost in it o_O

Still, it's good to be back =]
where is level 3 of building 2??? Level 4 is where the computers and it help desk thing is....i didnt know there was a level under that

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
where is level 3 of building 2??? Level 4 is where the computers and it help desk thing is....i didnt know there was a level under that
Yeah, level 3 of building 2 is where the resource centre and some computer labs are. It's near the secondhand bookstore.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Yeah, level 3 of building 2 is where the resource centre and some computer labs are. It's near the secondhand bookstore.
theres a second hand bookstore ? :eek:
wheres this ???

Yeah I noticed that everyone at UTS is really friendly and approachable & helpful. Made my first day much less terrifying. I met heaps of new people because its so easy to talk to people ^^ and i got lost on the way to my second lecture, was freaking out because i had to run from hay-market to Broadway, but the other students were really helpful.

Last edited:

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Hey squeenie are you a PN or were you just being helpful? :)
I was going to apply for PN last year, but I never got around to it.

idk, people just kept asking for me directions. I guess I just look like a helpful person. lol.

theres a second hand bookstore ?
wheres this ???

Yeah I noticed that everyone at UTS is really friendly and approachable & helpful. Made my first day much less terrifying. I met heaps of new people because its so easy to talk to people ^^ and i got lost on the way to my second lecture, was freaking out because i had to run from hay-market to Broadway, but the other students were really helpful.
The secondhand bookstore is opposite the Union Office, near the union shop and food court. way down on level 2 of the Tower

SFinspired

HSC
i saw too many hot chicks on my first day. couldnt focus on my studies . far out this is hard

krayzie_

HSC
Blethics - Meltz is a bit of a personality
David Meltz is too slow in lectures. In the 1.30 lecture he kept on walking around putting students on the spot. He should of just done the lecture instead of walking around then rushing through the slides when he figured he was nearly out of time.

This is my third attempt at Bus Laws. I've withdrawn 2 other times after the first lecture in previous years. LOL

HSC
i got lost looking for the business student centre to get my id card, had to ask someone in the end. the guy who helped me was lovely, walked me half the way there haha.

i didnt have any trouble finding my lecture, though, and it was all pretty simple to understand.

just a question guys, on my online timetable it says i have a tutorial tomorrow before my lecture. but i thought there were no tuts in the first week?

layzeehbum

HSC
i got lost looking for the business student centre to get my id card, had to ask someone in the end. the guy who helped me was lovely, walked me half the way there haha.

i didnt have any trouble finding my lecture, though, and it was all pretty simple to understand.

just a question guys, on my online timetable it says i have a tutorial tomorrow before my lecture. but i thought there were no tuts in the first week?
for some subjects der are tutes on the first week

HSC
for some subjects der are tutes on the first week
oh okay cool. see i was confused because i got one answer from the student centre over the phone and another in person, and on the uts online marketing section it said no tutes so i was life wtf? anyway, thanks for clearing that up :)

Last edited:

trevhk

HSC
N/A
lol first day of uni was bloody awesome :) It's pretty much what I imagined it would be. I love Meltz, he makes the lecture a lot more amusing :p Except, it's always quite nerve-wrecking when he approaches your area with his little questions.

SFinspired

HSC
how do u expect us to know who the hell is Meltz anyway,,

HSC
lol first day of uni was bloody awesome :) It's pretty much what I imagined it would be. I love Meltz, he makes the lecture a lot more amusing :p Except, it's always quite nerve-wrecking when he approaches your area with his little questions.
is this the gucci handbag obsessed eco lecturer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)