first day (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its true, you have to be very careful. I tend to just listen to music and do work, so i don't really notice anyone on the train. I'm confortable travelling on the north shore line by myself, but I still get a little edgy on the western line. If your busy doing work, you don't notice people on the train. There have been drunks of the train when i was by myself, i just got up and change carriages. But I won't switch trains until atleast blacktown, cause the richmond line is only 1 line and i don't want to stand in the freezing cold waiting for a train.

Jacks

HSC
hehe yeah that wasn't too reassuring, but yeah I seem to attract a lot of weird people on trains, it all depends on what time you go, where you get on and where you get off...most of the time you'll be fine, especially in peak hour and stuff, just make sure you're in the night safe area at night, travel near the guard if you're anxous...all those sorts of things...you'll get used to catching trains and chances are you'll meet people at uni who can catch the train with you...;)

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
I'm used to catching trains to go to the city and sometimes northern beaches [from penrith] and its usually fine.... but when i come back to penrith, it's usually pretty late, sometimes they have even cancelled the trains from central [hope that won't happen] But ive never caught trains to bankstown sooo... that should be interesting....

Hopefully after first week i can find someone who catches the same line train as me [even if they get off earlier or watever..] juz to have that extra security.

If anyone gets to scared, maybe try and sit next to an old grandma or sumthing hahaha... and hang around a crowd, not by urself.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
mibiony said:
If anyone gets to scared, maybe try and sit next to an old grandma or sumthing hahaha... and hang around a crowd, not by urself.
lol. Old people on the train are evil. Me and a friend like just left parra or something, the whole carriage was empty, and this old woman came up at us and yelled at us for having our bags on the seat. Cause she wanted to sit there. We were like wtf! the whole carriage was empty and she wanted to sit next to us! We just turned our music up full and ignored her. lol.

= Jennifer =

HSC
soha said:
the freaks on trains bite
i have had one too many bad experiences
argh..im sur ei will over come my fears..
eventually..

yep tell me about it! i have been going to that uni step thing a parra and everyday there are freaks. the first day there was this guy singing and he only had a coat on (didnt look like he had anything on underneath) at Strathfield station, on tuesday there was a lady who smelt and was singing, she looked a mess at Strathfield station when i got to parra there was a man who was so filthy and kept trying to approach me. then, when i got on the bus there was a guy who kept staring at me and giving me looks :eek:. yesterday nothing much at strathfield but at parra there was a guy arrested by the police and the guy who was arrested was screaming..................is everyday going to be like this?

i think maybe they should only let normal people on public transport

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
well..i dunno..why does there always seem to be freaks at stations
always catching trains
its beyond me
there is always like someone who looks scary..someone who stares..a bumb
a retarted person(no offnce to anyone)
a creepy old man
a guy covered in tattoos..which scares me ..lol
a skanky westy..
etc
i would feel safer if i had the train to myself..

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
from baulkham hills to bankstown
so from seven hills/paramatta staion to bankstown
its weird coz i like trains ..just not the people on them..or the fact i might miss a train..catch a wrong train..i hate changing trains..and falling down the thing where u step on
lol..im so so sad..trains are my only weakness

Jacks

HSC
hehe it's ok I was a bit like that too...this time last year I was getting ready to catch trains regularly for the first time by myself and I got through it. I don't think there is much danger of you falling down the gap between the station and the train, and if you're worried about getting on the wrong train after a week or so you'll get used to probably catching the same trains on any particular day. Getting on the wrong train isn't a big issue these days if you listen to the announcements as the train pulls in and all of those sorts of things. If you miss a train though there's usually another one within 30mins so it's usually not too bad...I'm sure you'll be fine...and you'll get better with practice. If you're really unsure just check with the guard on the train and see if it goes to your stop, and there are always cityrail staff around to ask if you need help, not to mention other people on the trains...if you're not scared of them :p

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
Cape said:
lol. Old people on the train are evil. Me and a friend like just left parra or something, the whole carriage was empty, and this old woman came up at us and yelled at us for having our bags on the seat. Cause she wanted to sit there. We were like wtf! the whole carriage was empty and she wanted to sit next to us! We just turned our music up full and ignored her. lol.
:eek: haha... you know wot.. u could be right!! One time, me and my friends were going to parra, this old lady came and sat down next to us and started talking about this guy who bought her a ticket few days ago or sumthing and she wanted us to help her find him because she wanted to thank him 'again'...

hehehe hmm okay.. so don't sit next to old people.... my bad!!!

The people on trains i find heaps freaky and scary and im always paranoid of... no offence to anyone, but like indians and pakistanian men... they always just 'stare' and like if i happen to just pass my eyes by them, they thrown me a smile... i duno if that happens to any one else, or its just me...

klh

HSC
my ecperience: wen one ozzie looking dude was talking about heroin in broad daylight on the platform and trying to sit next to me. then tlaked about something blowing up and i dunno, i just wlkaed off...
and i too hate it when peopel talk to you for no reason. i was walking home and this old man asks me what i thought of this building that is being built like? im like i dunno, dont livve there do i? and on the train too, some abo [ok, aboriginal] keeps talking to other peopel and staring like a hawk. Ive only joined in a conversation when its aobut how late the trains are though, thats all im guilty of.
ive never ben mugged or anthing else.

also, remember that some tutorials arent going to be offered on the first week but start on the second week. this often happens in the school of computing and IT so watch out. i wasted 2 tickets becoz i didnt know and went there and all these other first years like me were waiting and aksing each other wtf? but i made some classmates like that, know each other and what classes we were in and stuff.

first week of uni: easy. tutes end early, so do lectures. you ask as many questions as you like, since there are like alot of problems. with enrolments/times etc.
bring some paper to write down notes but for me, its all about emails/rooms and homowork to do but nothing big.
you wont get lost, as long as you get to uni half an hour before the time, you can go check out classes and stuff. thats what i did, wlakaround consulting a map but i explored most of kingswood by foot but i know where everything is.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh, when you spoke of blowing stuff up, it reminded me that i had a terrorism assignment to do for a subject last semester. Well, I was at parra station waiting for the richmond train which was running late (as usual) and i was reading a terrorism book, lol. This woman came up to me and asked why i was reading the book, i ignored her, but then she went to tell a cityrail person that i was reading a terrorism book. The cityrail guy wanted me off the station, but i told him that i was doing an assignment on terrorism, he didn't believe me, so i got my unit outline out which had details about my assignment on it. Hehe, then he was like sorry. lol.

klh

HSC
lol....but if i was the woman id at least check if oyu were an arab or something....
if i was you, id just say im trying to learn how to terrorise you and scream as loud as you could to make the officer jump...then explain to them about your assignment, it would make a good alibi.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Cape said:
klh, when you spoke of blowing stuff up, it reminded me that i had a terrorism assignment to do for a subject last semester. Well, I was at parra station waiting for the richmond train which was running late (as usual) and i was reading a terrorism book, lol. This woman came up to me and asked why i was reading the book, i ignored her, but then she went to tell a cityrail person that i was reading a terrorism book. The cityrail guy wanted me off the station, but i told him that i was doing an assignment on terrorism, he didn't believe me, so i got my unit outline out which had details about my assignment on it. Hehe, then he was like sorry. lol.
shit man..some people are paranoid
did they think u were studying how to be a terrorist

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
klh said:
lol....but if i was the woman id at least check if oyu were an arab or something....
if i was you, id just say im trying to learn how to terrorise you and scream as loud as you could to make the officer jump...then explain to them about your assignment, it would make a good alibi.
u dont have to be arab to be a terrorist

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
soha said:
shit man..some people are paranoid
did they think u were studying how to be a terrorist
Obviously they thought i was a terrorist, but explain how an 18 year old female with an english / australian identity could seriously be a terrorist. Some people just don't know anything :rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yep. I learnt my lesson. Don't read terrorism books on city rail platforms. Well, if the trains were on time, then I wouldn't have to read.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
cape really is a terrorist...

my sources tell me, that she is a moderator for one undergroun al-qeada forum :p ;)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ignore Grizzly ... hes just a stalker :p

Go back to your unsw and mac forums :p toodles griz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)