First impressions of yr 11 (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I don't think revising for 2.5 hours daily would be very effective, unless you're really delving in and memorising the content off by heart or something. Setting a time-based schedule for yourself always turns out to be a bad move, so why not set yourself a content-based goal instead, such as "I'll revise the first five dot points from the syllabus that we've covered today and make notes on them"? That's my approach to Year 11 anyway, after miserably failing to get anywhere with the "I'll study for two hours today!" attitude over the holidays.
No unrealistic aims pl0x. As with the same as procrastination, studying a little bit can add up.

itsMoeyy

HSC
Heres my 2c on year 11

- For phys and chem, seriously it does NOT matter if you fail all your assessments since the HSC course is totally different to the Prelim course, so dont freak out if you don't do too well.
- For English, LOL thats all I can say. I failed year 11 english and now in hsc im doing quite well I guess. The only thing I recommend is to learn and practise how to write 15/15 essays, cause thats the main skill you need.
- For Maths just make sure you understand how to do them first. then before assessments just do a shit load of past papers and I guarantee you that you'll get 90+

thats it guys, its year 11 so enjoy your last year of fun without any worries.

Lina3

HSC
Got Brave New World to read for English...soo good in my opinion. Anyone else have it (or had it before)??

Came back, I got 11 free periods per fortnight
11 free periods :eek: OMG so lucky!! At my school people are jealous coz I am one of the few that gets free (ahem 'study') periods and I have 8 a fortnight....wonder if anyone on here will manage to beat 11....

Last edited:

big_bang344

HSC
How do people get free periods in Year 11? o_O I thought it's only for Year 12.

ProtoStar

HSC
N/A
Came back today to no free periods, junior-level chemistry and very low level maths in my ext1 class. by low-level I mean rational-irrational and BODMAS. Strange because for rollover last year, they had us doing mathematical induction and mixing solutions to specific molar concentrations. Anyone else get this?

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
Came back today to no free periods, junior-level chemistry and very low level maths in my ext1 class. by low-level I mean rational-irrational and BODMAS. Strange because for rollover last year, they had us doing mathematical induction and mixing solutions to specific molar concentrations. Anyone else get this?
It's probably just because it's your first class for it just to kick-start your brains without straight away getting into it just to ease you guys into it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Lol most schools revise basic foundations such as algebra before doing harder things.

Examine

same
HSC
Got Brave New World to read for English...soo good in my opinion. Anyone else have it (or had it before)??

11 free periods :eek: OMG so lucky!! At my school people are jealous coz I am one of the few that gets free (ahem 'study') periods and I have 8 a fortnight....wonder if anyone on here will manage to beat 11....
I'd get 20 in Year 12 if I end up not doing 4u maths and 4u eng, though I really want to do both of them. hahah.

ProtoStar

HSC
N/A
Just confused because of all the higher level stuff they had us doing last year as an "introduction". And wow those responses were fast.

Gigacube

HSC
How do people get free periods in Year 11? o_O I thought it's only for Year 12.
Some schools have a timetabling system which allows students in year 11 to have free periods. Others may do a course by distance ed or go to a Saturday School for languages or do a TAFE course.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just confused because of all the higher level stuff they had us doing last year as an "introduction". And wow those responses were fast.
Do not worry, back in Year 11 students in MX1 could not handle basic algebra. Now they are all better than I.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Realisations in Year 11 for most people.

- Time flies. (WHERE DID IT GO?)

- Studying 24/7 is a no no. Even though you want to.
I just did 2 hrs of physics and I still don't feel I did enough, or there are things I don't get. How the hell is this gonna work, let alone studying mx1.

Renegader

HSC
Some teachers are casual and don't work on certain days and that's why some people have free periods here.

Luckily that's only for the classes like PE.

such_such

HSC
Woah. How long is a period at school for everyone? And how much in a day?

Gigacube

HSC
I just did 2 hrs of physics and I still don't feel I did enough, or there are things I don't get. How the hell is this gonna work, let alone studying mx1.
You just started year 11 & there is a lot to learn but you'll get there soon.

zombies

HSC
My old school had 80min periods.. and the year before that they had 1hr periods with the ocassional 45min one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)