First Year 12 Exam tomorrow, but I don’t know anything??? (1 Viewer)

emmi.e

HSC
Hey everyone, im a Year 11 student but im accelerating in Chemistry. I’m doing Module 7 right now which is Organic Chemistry, tomorrow is my first Year 12 exam on this topic and its worth 25% which i think is a lot. Im screwed, basically, because i started school a week ago and already theres an exam and i literally have no knowledge on the topic as a whole. The teacher said he would push up my marks by comparing it to my next assessment because he understands that changing to a new school (i moved from a normal highschool to a senior school) and having to do an exam in the second week of arrival may be super stressful for us. I just wanna know if it’s possible to still get an 80+ or maybe even 90+ atar even though i might as well get no more than 20% on this exam. Any advice or anything is completely fine, im stressed out of my mind right now and i just need to know the facts because im really unsure. by the way, yes i am sitting the chemistry hsc this year. if you want to know anymore info about me then you can ask me here, thank you

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hey everyone, im a Year 11 student but im accelerating in Chemistry. I’m doing Module 7 right now which is Organic Chemistry, tomorrow is my first Year 12 exam on this topic and its worth 25% which i think is a lot. Im screwed, basically, because i started school a week ago and already theres an exam and i literally have no knowledge on the topic as a whole. The teacher said he would push up my marks by comparing it to my next assessment because he understands that changing to a new school (i moved from a normal highschool to a senior school) and having to do an exam in the second week of arrival may be super stressful for us. I just wanna know if it’s possible to still get an 80+ or maybe even 90+ atar even though i might as well get no more than 20% on this exam. Any advice or anything is completely fine, im stressed out of my mind right now and i just need to know the facts because im really unsure. by the way, yes i am sitting the chemistry hsc this year. if you want to know anymore info about me then you can ask me here, thank you
I sympathise for your current situation and I think its unfair you have to do an assessment task for a module you haven't had the time to study for (if you weren't allowed or notified). I really think you should discuss your situation with the head teacher as its extremely unfair on you and perhaps push the date for exam later on the term rather than now.

For the time being now, I would suggest looking at solutions for topic tests around those exams so I'd go on THSC and look for Mod 7 Qs. I don't do chem myself so I have no idea about content or anything but I am pretty sure there's plethora of exams + exam solutions. I think it would help looking at how some standard problems are solved so you can repeat that approach in the exam. Kinda pointless studying for the exam since I doubt you can cram 1 module worth of content in a couple of hours but if you really want you can just skim through notes and try to make some links.

No idea how chem works but if something were to happen to me in Physics thats what I'd do since you'll find quite a few Qs that are your standard textbook Qs.

My utmost sympathies, it must be a terrible feeling. I really do think it is possible to explain your situation with a Head Teacher and get a compromise since 25% is still significant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)