Florida nightclub shooting: 50 killed and 53 injured in 'act of terror' (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
^ I'll take it on face value... word seems to be traveling that it is so though...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
It was a quote
"no one should ever be discriminated against. except for the jews!"

On trump: Latino's generally vote democrat. For republican latino's... they love trump

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/20/donald-trump-overwhelmingly-wins-hispanic-vote-nyc/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ada-it-doesnt-mean-latinos-suddenly-love-him/

mfw trump gets much more latino votes than the 2 hispanic candidates lol.

"In fact, in 2008, President Obama won the Latino vote there 76 percent to 22 percent. He won it by nearly 50 points in 2012. And even that might undersell how much Nevada Latinos lean left." - see, latino's vote left quite often.

You don't need latino or black votes to win office, you need centrist white votes to win. av1 knows blacks and latino's gon vote democrat anyway.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
This has nothing to do whatsoever with Islam.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/13/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html

Lol the fucker was suspected of being sympathetic with islamic terrorism

"While the bodies of Omar Mateen's victims were removed from Pulse nightclub overnight, investigators worked Monday to determine what motivated the Florida killer responsible for the worst mass shooting in U.S. history -- a man the FBI knew was sympathetic to terrorism and had previously investigated."

"According to one official, analysis of Mateen's electronic devices showed searches for jihadist propaganda, including videos of ISIS beheading videos and of Anwar al-Awlaki -- an influential American-born imam who worked as a spokesman for al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and was killed in 2011.
"He consumed a hell of a lot of jihadist propaganda" online, the source said."

"During the standoff, Mateen called 911 to pledge allegiance to ISIS. He also mentioned the Boston Marathon bombers."

"But that's confusing because Mateen also claimed connections to other extremists groups, some of which are considered enemies and rivals of ISIS, Comey said.
FBI agents first interviewed Mateen in 2013 after co-workers reported he'd made "inflammatory and contradictory" comments about terrorism. He admitted making the remarks but said he was angry because his co-workers were teasing him because he was Muslim, Comey said."

Yep nothing to do with islam at all.

Kolmias

HSC
If a Christian guy goes into a place tomorrow and kills the same amount of people as this Muslim guy did, are you going to blame Christianity?

Suu

HSC
N/A
Ugh, how can you be this thick? You obviously can't understand why I mention that muslims are less than 1% of the population in America. My point is that although the majority of shootings in America aren't by muslims, that doesn't prove anything since hte vast majority of americans aren't muslims and so muslims are still actually overrepresented in American terrorism.

Muslims are are 22.5% of the world...and? Muslims commit WAY more than 22.5% of the world's terrorism and so you're really just helping to prove my point by bringing that up.

Not relevant since christians aren't mass murdering gays and having apologists claim it isn't part of their religion.
I understand what you are saying about the percentage of people that are muslim in the US, but my counterpoint was that America doesn't represent the world in general. Also saying that muslims cause more than 22.5 % of the worlds terrorism is a misrepresentation- I cannot find an exact statistic for the entire at this moment (macbeth essay tommorow is my main focus atm), but muslim terrorism in Europe is less than 2 %. There was a source that I did find, but I could not verify its authenticity.

Also, historically gays have been prosecuted to a very large extent by christian authorities (burn at the stake foul witches!- history is fun sometimes). I believe that there are still currently christian african nations that persecute homosexuality. Also I believe that it is unfair to call those people you speak about apologists- they have a perfectly valid reason. (In case you would like to continue to debate on this topic, please leave a reply ^^ I am more than willing to continue discussing it tommorow.)

Suu

HSC
N/A
This has nothing to do whatsoever with Islam.
I agree with Kolmias here- a debate on islamic terrorism seems a bit irrelevant to the subject. Petition to continue discussing islamic terrorism in another thread?

Kolmias

HSC
I agree with Kolmias here- a debate on islamic terrorism seems a bit irrelevant to the subject. Petition to continue discussing islamic terrorism in another thread?
*signs petition*

As Lord of Spam, I hereby decree that you have to agree with what I say otherwise I'm gonna schlonk ya.

Orwell

HSC
Hold on now. To say it has nothing do whatsoever with Islam is nonsensical.

I think the real question that needs to be answered is for how much of this attack is Islam accountable for?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
If a Christian guy goes into a place tomorrow and kills the same amount of people as this Muslim guy did, are you going to blame Christianity?
Yes.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/04/planned-parenthood-shooter/477825/

"Robert Dear was inspired by previous abortion clinic attackers and the promise of being met at the gates of heaven by aborted fetuses who would thank him, according to court documents related to the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado Springs last November.

Dear has admitted to taking over the clinic and killing three people, none of whom worked there. The documents, which contain chilling details, were released this week to media outlets that had petitioned the Colorado Supreme Court for months."

But it's a bit funny to say Islam had nothing to do with this guy's motivation WHEN IT'S DOCUMENTED HE HAS ISLAMIC TERRORIST SYMPATHIES.

Are there problems with this guy mentally? Sure. Is this guy afraid to be gay and his frustration let him to kill a bunch of gays? Yurp.

When the hub of sunni and shia islam both have the death penalty for gays, it's a bit rich to say 'this guy isn't motivated by religion at all'.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

Similar shooting was about to happen in LA.

Why haven't anybody blamed christianity yet? Because this guy didn't declare it so. It isn't because the Orlando shooter is muslim, it's because 1) He has been on the terror watch-list 2) he declared allegience to ISIS before the shooting. Whether 2 is just to get further media attention is a moot point, this guy is driven by some form of religious motivation. When your declares gays to be sinful people who will burn in hell and you might be in the closet, guess what it might drive a guy crazy enough.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Hold on now. To say it has nothing do whatsoever with Islam is nonsensical.

I think the real question that needs to be answered is for how much of this attack is Islam accountable for?
It's those god damn Eskimos! :lol:

Orwell

HSC
It could of been a conglomerate of contextual factors that led this guy to do what he did.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
^ but Islam is probably taking charge of that conglomerate (but admittedly, yes, there would be many other factors), otherwise: never mind the fact that he called the authorities and declared allegiance to ISIS, never mind the fact that his Facebook mainly consisted of Islamic diatribe, never mind the fact that ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack... :lol:

*signs petition*
Typical collective authoritarian drivel that comes out of this generation of mouth breathers...

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
It could of been a conglomerate of contextual factors that led this guy to do what he did.
most likely him being gay and his religious is vehemently opposes it, has a lot of inner demons. Guess the religious demon side won.

Orwell

HSC
I wouldn't deny that that was probably the dominant force behind the attack.

Comensite

HSC
I come to the stage when I realise what the points of rambling on about these things? Are we people actually gonna make any real difference or change to way a society or government acts?

We are wasting are time like this. Arguing for the sake for arguing is not helping anyone's purpose.
nope but complaining on an education forum will surely make some change!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)