Flyer's etc. (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it really too much to ask that i can walk 5m at USYD without being harassed by bookshops/the union/the SRC/the EU/Scisoc/The Big Issue/The green left-weekly/etc

get the FUCK OUTTA MY WAY

the worst is wen they stand at the entrance to fisher, or the footbridge, where there's no way to avoid them!

I DEMAND SOMETHING BE DONE

i'm all for campaigning against VSU, but harassing me about it every 5 minutes wont win you for sympathy, i dont want to be a born again christian, i know u can save money if u go to XXXX bookshop because you have posters as well, i read the SMH nothing else - unless it's free dont be waving around newspapers

does any1 feel the same way?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I'm gonna get me a shirt which reads "I'm a Liberal, so don't bother". Also I always come from the Broadway side so I don't need to worry about the footbridge.

tennille

HSC
I really agree with you there, Townie. The worst day was the union elections. I couldn't get into fisher without being handed flyers and talked to. I managed to avoid them on my way out, though. It's really painful. Half the time I just walk pass them and don't look at them.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
If it helps, the people handing it out aren't really enjoying it either :p

Calculon

HSC
N/A
I was during Union elections, yeah.

Calculon

HSC
N/A
llamalope said:
how any why do you get shitty jobs like that?
Through involvement with the societies at uni, mostly the political ones. 90% of the time I was just putting up posters and shit but yeah, noone wanted the handing out job.

moderngirl

HSC
The worse thing would have to be the harrassers outside fisher library, going up to ppl and making it seem like its their fault the war in Iraq happened. Not a cool way to get someone to support a cause.

ism

HSC
N/A
I'm going to start handing out pamphlets calling for a ban on the distribution of pamphlets. Also a petition calling for a banning of petitions. and i will wear a cape.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Calculon said:
If it helps, the people handing it out aren't really enjoying it either :p
If it helps the people who are handing them out don't know a thing about them either.

I have questioned a few on VSU asking them for precedents for their claims etc. Most of the time they will say WA in which case I then have to go on a rant about how WA's legislation was completly different to the federal model proposed. I got blank looks.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Its all part of the university experience. If you dont want one just say "no thanks" and keep walking. Its those EU faggot Liberal/conservative scummers that annoy me because they actually try to engage in conversation.

tennille

HSC
transcendent said:
you know it might just make a great business deal! :)
I agree. :)

absolution* said:
Its all part of the university experience. If you dont want one just say "no thanks" and keep walking. Its those EU faggot Liberal/conservative scummers that annoy me because they actually try to engage in conversation.
But it's such an effort to say "no thanks". :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)