Flyer's etc. (2 Viewers)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
withoutaface said:
Perhaps his wish is to, through good financial management and minimisation of services which a large chunk of students don't agree with (eg protests against various government policies), make the SRC a more viable entity which will be cheaper to join (due to limitation to student advocacy services) and more appealing to students, and hence ensure its survival. Personally I will be joining the Union next year, because it provides services that I can see are of benefit to me, but I will not be joining the SRC because it uses most of my money for things I don't agree with, and I'm sure many students feel the same way.
Wow, you just summed it up perfectly. We must start cutting the crap at the SRC, and improve the services that Are useful to students. The SRC has a huge surplus gathered from years of VSU paranoia, (yep, instead of reducing the fees to ease the squeeze on the poorer students). So I will use these student fees to make the SRC into an economically sustainable, and morally responsible organisation that students would actually Want to join.

jpr333

HSC
So how much money is being squandered on the new awareness campaign and upcoming rallies against VSU I hear Rose bark so vehemently about.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I don't have access to those numbers. I would guess the expenditure is quite significant, considering the publicity materials being created. We pay for those Stop VSU t-shirts, we pay for those A2 full colour posters, and we pay for the rallies.

This is why I'm asking students who are concerned about the issues to consider running RESOLVE tickets for this year's SRC election, which will probably be around 6-8 weeks away. Because of my status as a Con student, and the fact that I am not a Faction member, I am unelectable without the support of students willing to stand to protect the SRC from the stupidity of the dominant Labor Left faction.

Last edited:

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
clearly you did ^^

clearly you are an idiot.

I see an Asian standing deadly still on the street. Can't be a hooker because its 10am. I walked passed her and saw the co-op logo. Does that infer i read the thing you doush bag?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
myg0t said:
clearly you are an idiot.

I see an Asian standing deadly still on the street. Can't be a hooker because its 10am. I walked passed her and saw the co-op logo. Does that infer i read the thing you doush bag?
Learn to spell, douche.
samuelblayden said:
espically at voting time and we are the ones who pay for the pamlets
Wrong, the individual candidates pay for their own pamphlets.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
NOLS print their material at the Labor Party HQ on Sussex Street.

The rest of us pay or make our own.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Phanatical said:
ease the squeeze
I didn't think you could sink any lower... :p

Well, your arguments are making more sense which is great and I agree with some of the things you said. I won't be voting for you but good luck with the elections anyway. :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Will the musos have to have pancreatitis and yell "Ease the Squeeze!" throughout the performance as an extended technique? :p

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Perhaps, but I'm more excited about the extended dance number - the Conga Line of Suckholes.

moderngirl

HSC
On the other hand sometimes people are quite selective in who they give flyers to. These last few days when i've walked past manning, i'm never offered a flyer for the snowball thing, even though the person in front of me gets one. Its not like i plan to go to that event anyway but still quite discriminatory not to give someone a union flyer.

kow_dude

HSC
argh ~.... i was at lidcombe the other day and this guy who was advertising something took out his hand and i had no choice but to shake it. Then i was trapped in this long conversation. How was i supose to get out of that?!?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
kow_dude said:
argh ~.... i was at lidcombe the other day and this guy who was advertising something took out his hand and i had no choice but to shake it. Then i was trapped in this long conversation. How was i supose to get out of that?!?
Well my technique which has been practised upon many the EU faggot is just dont say anything to them at all and keep walking with your head down. Once they strike up conversation youre fucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)