Focus Studies (1 Viewer)

.caity.

HSC
What are people thinking the focus study themes are likely to be???

cxlxoxk

HSC
effectiveness or reform. btw the essays aren't called focus studies, they are called options.

focus studies were those things we did on those disadvantaged groups in society, in year 11, well at least i did.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
effectiveness or reform. btw the essays aren't called focus studies, they are called options.

focus studies were those things we did on those disadvantaged groups in society, in year 11, well at least i did.
they are called optional focus studies on my trial?

Im not worried about the essays, usually there is always a general one and a specific one, both relativly easy.

For the last 2 years they have specified alternative family arrangements in family so who knows? they could add a weird little twist with divorce or birth technology or something.

.caity.

HSC
cxlxoxk said:

if you look at any hsc paper the section is 'additional focus studies' and the individual questions are 'optional focus study -...'

there are also heaps more themes they're able to ask other than effectiveness or law reform. law reform was assessed last year.

Moodey91

HSC
hmm my Legal teacher says that we should always incorporate the effectiveness of the law...but birth technology has never been asked before...a quote would be nice :D

ccc123

HSC
Moodey91 said:
hmm my Legal teacher says that we should always incorporate the effectiveness of the law...but birth technology has never been asked before...a quote would be nice :D
I think birth technplogy is prob too narrow. But you never know I guess!

csalvo

HSC
I find that legal studies extended response questions are always so similar. They're either on Law Reform, Justice achieved or the overall effectiveness of the issue. In my opinion, it'd be extremely easy to have prepared essays for legal studies.

iluvGG

HSC
mm they had law reform for the essays in 2006 so im hoping that they dont do it this year. although its so nice that you always have a choice of two. so if they do ask on law reform, i'll just choose the other one. :)
im hoping for a pretty general question for both essays.

csalvo

HSC
How do you think you guys will go in the multiple choice questions? I always find them to be so deceptive, in that I reckon they'll be easy, but there are always two completely right answers, or in my eyes anyway.

The recommended time is 15 minutes, but do you guys manage to do them in under ten, leaving extra time for the other sections, or is it just me?

obiman

HSC
i hope and it probably will be on the effectiveness because generally the cssa trial papers get very close or similiar uestion to what the actual hsc paper is and they had effectiveness so?

and no way u could do birth tech. Mabye if they said overall for children but not just birth tech there just isnt enough.

multiple choice hopefully they have made it possible to get 15/15 lol cause apparently there have been some years where it hasnt happened and even some teachers couldnt get the right anwsers

oh and crime i just want anything but criminal justice issue. Although it seems likely they mya pull it out since they have gotten rid of the scenario/stimulus material

iluvGG

HSC
^ ooh i hope you're right about it being similar to cssa. i like the general effectiveness questions!

and for crime i REALLY hope its not a criminal justice issue as well. they asked that in 2006 hsc paper. so hopefully that means they wont. . .

csalvo

HSC
iluvGG said:
^ ooh i hope you're right about it being similar to cssa. i like the general effectiveness questions!

and for crime i REALLY hope its not a criminal justice issue as well. they asked that in 2006 hsc paper. so hopefully that means they wont. . .

yeah, I feel the same about criminal justice. I really hope there's a five or six mark question on the objectives of punishment - it's always so easy, since there are really only three things you can talk about (rehabilitation, deterrence, retribution and, one which I put in my trial, protection of society).

Things like the sentencing process get a little hazy for me, since there is so much to remember.

Last edited:

iluvGG

HSC
YES. i'd have to agree - i would really love a question on the purposes of punishment! so fingers crossed. but , they asked that last year! but you never know :)

for the essay topics, i really hope they don't ask for a discussion on some really random topic! i hate it when they do that and never know how to incorporate it into my argument!

Azreil

HSC
iluvGG said:
YES. i'd have to agree - i would really love a question on the purposes of punishment! so fingers crossed. but , they asked that last year! but you never know :)
Happened last year, doubt they'll repeat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)