• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Folio thread (1 Viewer)

DanielleM

HSC
Since we need to get crackin with our folio work in our MDP l set up this thread...
l also have a question...
you know with inspiration how do u set it out? do you just do a collage of your inspiration .?? do you write stuff about why you chose it on the inspiration pages or do l explain that in an evaluation?

niteshade1312

HSC
You should be setting out your whole portfolio in the clearest manner possible so that teh markers can see everything straight away. Don't collage it, unless you are making it very clear of what you are trying to do and saw. That basically goes for the whole portfolio.

fakingtheday

HSC
Inspiration ... just do a mind map, wait what are you calling inspiration? How padded out is you guyses research section? Almost all of mine is human resource interviews so it's not huge. Whereas the girl who i'm first with has heaps and it's all off the internet.

fakingtheday

HSC
Ah ok, investigation and evaluation of existing and similar solutions! Your should have an aim of the section, eg to generate possible design solutions or find exisiting aspects in which to incorporate or exclude ... blah blah blah.

Then have your method: state your sources here.

Analysis, have a bunch of pictures or whatever, photographs with analysis next to them. Hand written is good.

Then have a conclusion: what you will and won't include.

It goes in your idea generation.

In mine i had a bunch of different guitar pics, some from the web, some from second hand stores etc. Then i wrote what i honestly thought and restated in the conclusion. Easy

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
chamelia said:
While people are giving help. What exactly is supposed to be in the Use of Communication and Presentation Techniques section?
that is design drawings and diagrams of the prototype/design that show look, sizes etc.

it helps to keep the folio clear of the need.

and it help to have writing in it, it gives you just a few more marks! lol!

fakingtheday

HSC
He's right, the best thing to do is to think you yourself; What's the best way to SHOW i've fulfilled my need?

So for example i'll do a video, one of me playing the guitar at home and one with the band on stage, maybe a minute or two each. And some othogonal drawings and a chick is making a magazine and said i can put an ad in there if i like. Be crative.

niteshade1312

HSC
That's definately a way to go around designing layouts and making sure that your information and ideas come out in teh clearest form. The makers only have half and hour for each portfolio and they are not going to sit there and read every singly thing. Make it clear and bold and important things easily identifiable.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok guys, where have peopel but the "parameters of design" .... some things i see say 2 but it in the areas of investigation, some say in the criteria 2 evaluate success, where and when do these aspect come up in urs? wat hav u been told?

cheers

-dawso

chamelia

HSC
Mines in Areas of Invesitgation just cos paramters are an area you need to consider and investigate. I think thats the most logical way to do it. Criteria to evluate is more about evaluating aspects of the final design.

chamelia

HSC
fakingtheday said:
He's right, the best thing to do is to think you yourself; What's the best way to SHOW i've fulfilled my need?

So for example i'll do a video, one of me playing the guitar at home and one with the band on stage, maybe a minute or two each. And some othogonal drawings and a chick is making a magazine and said i can put an ad in there if i like. Be crative.
Yep thanks. I was going to make a video or power point presentation of my target market interactign with the product and random images of the construction throughout it. I could just refer the markers to that slideshow through that section??

fakingtheday

HSC
We need a group hug. A hetrosexual one of course. Thanks Danny. I put my paramters, it's just a series of dot points, 4 of them a sentence each saying what the guitar must be/do for design success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)