• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Folio thread (2 Viewers)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
aww, how sweet, so much love in d+t :S

anyway.... whats the diff between the action plan and time plan? a few things say 2 include them in the same thing?

basically, i hav the time plan as overall includin research and everythin, whereas time plan is simply the construction of my prototype? yay or nay>

niteshade1312

HSC
nay (in my opinion)...

The time plan is used to set out the entire time period that your project runs. It should include goals, what you actually did and when you plan to do other things in future. There are many ways of setting it out, whether you include the school week, dates, times, whatever suits you and is able to show your learning type.

Then the action plan is showing what you actually did. This should show the developement of the project.

So for example: In my time plan I wrote that I wanted to start production of my wooden part of my project at the end of Term 1. But I only started that part during week 2, term 2. So I drew an arrow showing when it actually started. Meanwhile on my action plan, I explained why I hadn't started and for what what reasons.

You should also make each of the plans, in fact all your plan easily understandable, and perhaps even colour coded or whatever makes it easy for you and for the markers to understand. As well, you should evaluate all the plans once you have done them.

I feel like a teacher here... oh well, but i hope that helps.. Well, at least that's how I am doing my plans!

fakingtheday

HSC
Well i put time/action in the same thing. I had a column for intended action. A date for when i wanted to finish. ANd a date for when i finished it if didn't correlate. I'm against padding out folios! If they spend 20 minutes on my folio (even less after the video) i want everything succint and easy to understand. I've also included humour and random pictures and famous people's quotes for effect.

DanielleM

HSC
yeah same here.. they are only gonna spend 20 - 30 min max on each persons folio so dont pad it out and put shit in there that isnmt necesary and related to the topic... as fakingtheday said l put my time and action plan together as l am pretty sure they are the same thing

dawso

HSC
i have "padded out" as u say, because i saw the girl hu came first last year's folio and there is so mcuh shit there it aint funny, however. i hav also included a summary of each bit at the start of each section, and then expanded the ideas in the padding out area. As u say, they only hav 20 minutes to examine each project, as mine is amazingly complicated, oi dont think they will even get trhough the project in that time let alone the actual folio, anyway, bak 2 doing my folio,

cheers

-dawso

niteshade1312

HSC
Well i haven't been padding my portfolio out at all and I happen to be almost through my second one. Everything I have in there is for a purpose and I was already told last year that I have to be nice and succint because everything I do say is important.

As long as you are showing everything you did through the development of the project and have covered all areas, thats the main thing. But then again we all have been taught different things...

(I have an action and time plan and both di differnt things)

fakingtheday

HSC
I found the whole research thing daunting. My teacher raves about the HSC markers comments so i took his advice. I did the best part, probably 95% of my research as Human Resources and interviews, saves a lot of printing of stuff out. It may backfire but i won't know until then.

niteshade1312

HSC
I was told for my minor last year that you should always show lots of differnt types of research. So I have everything from interviews with teachers and target market to websites, to notes I've made, to evaluations of products that could be classes similar to mine. I think the best thing is to show the variety as well as clarity.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
I was told for my minor last year that you should always show lots of differnt types of research. So I have everything from interviews with teachers and target market to websites, to notes I've made, to evaluations of products that could be classes similar to mine. I think the best thing is to show the variety as well as clarity.
yep thats true, ive only done mostly internet reserch but im mostly limitd to it becaue the nature of my major.

dawso

HSC
shortygb said:
yep thats true, ive only done mostly internet reserch but im mostly limitd to it becaue the nature of my major.
hearing u say that makes me very interested as 2 wat ur project is? cause i would say that nearly all projects can include other forms of research

fakingtheday

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
Oh yeah not to say it's all interviews. I've also got text books and exisiting solutions. I was probably a little audacious with the 95% remark. The girl equal with me has all her research from the internet.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
dawso said:
hearing u say that makes me very interested as 2 wat ur project is? cause i would say that nearly all projects can include other forms of research
oh yeh, i got other forms of reserch but most of it is internet based, like surveys on the internet and my product isnt avaliable to buy in stores so i cant finad anything similar to it in australia.

dawso

HSC
ok all, next question:

"identification and selection of resources"

what exactly is required here? what do u have? what hav u been told etc etc..

cheers

-dawso

btw - i plan on making acknowledgements to all of u in my folio so unless u want just "fakingtheday" or "niteshade" send me a PM with ur actual names and schools, i reckon that would look kool if any of us make designtech and we can all hav each other acknowledged ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)