Football discussion thread (4 Viewers)

icycledough

HSC
I still don't see them improving until they get a proper long-term manager, which doesn't look like will be happening soon.

icycledough

HSC
united are in the mud in other words
Yep, essentially. Don't see them getting top 4 this season; top 3 is confirmed with City, Liverpool and Chelsea (honestly, could end up any order; the title will be very close) but there's teams like Arsenal, West Ham who are definitely fighting for that 4th spot.

DarkOperator618

HSC
Yep, essentially. Don't see them getting top 4 this season; top 3 is confirmed with City, Liverpool and Chelsea (honestly, could end up any order; the title will be very close) but there's teams like Arsenal, West Ham who are definitely fighting for that 4th spot.
personally, top 4 is chelsea, city, Liverpool and either west ham, arsenal, spurs (if conte pops off) and maybe even brighton

laterz laterz

HSC
personally, top 4 is chelsea, city, Liverpool and either west ham, arsenal, spurs (if conte pops off) and maybe even brighton
I don't see brighton getting into top 4 tbh. Like they are in form rn but there's only 1 spot to actually compete for in the top 4 and idt brighton will get it. It'll either be utd (if they get a decent manager soon), west ham, arsenal or maybe spurs.

Jojofelyx

HSC
I don't see brighton getting into top 4 tbh. Like they are in form rn but there's only 1 spot to actually compete for in the top 4 and idt brighton will get it. It'll either be utd (if they get a decent manager soon), west ham, arsenal or maybe spurs.
Id have to agree with this, really dont think its appropriate to be crossing off man utd for 4th this early. Still 26 games to go lol. Just look at last season, Man City after 12 games were 9th or smthn, albeit 6 points off the top (rn utd are 8th being 12 points off), but in this comparison man city went on to win the league, so its not insane to suggest utd can conjure something up to finish 4th. Besides, any team with ronaldo, cmon guys, theres always some form of hope there.

With that said, its still gonna be fkn tight between utd arsenal and spurs, especially these latter 2 who might have found some sort of inspiration now. I personally don't think west ham or brighton gonna make top 4, but they will be quite close. Table i reckon is gonna be the top 3 being significantly farther ahead than everybody but with a tiny gap amongst themselves, followed by a little cluster of utd, arsenal, spurs, hammers, and brighton, but again with a tiny point differential. This season looks really spicy ngl, so keen to tuck into it after all these stupid exams are done lol

DarkOperator618

HSC
Id have to agree with this, really dont think its appropriate to be crossing off man utd for 4th this early. Still 26 games to go lol. Just look at last season, Man City after 12 games were 9th or smthn, albeit 6 points off the top (rn utd are 8th being 12 points off), but in this comparison man city went on to win the league, so its not insane to suggest utd can conjure something up to finish 4th. Besides, any team with ronaldo, cmon guys, theres always some form of hope there.

With that said, its still gonna be fkn tight between utd arsenal and spurs, especially these latter 2 who might have found some sort of inspiration now. I personally don't think west ham or brighton gonna make top 4, but they will be quite close. Table i reckon is gonna be the top 3 being significantly farther ahead than everybody but with a tiny gap amongst themselves, followed by a little cluster of utd, arsenal, spurs, hammers, and brighton, but again with a tiny point differential. This season looks really spicy ngl, so keen to tuck into it after all these stupid exams are done lol
fax bro, bouta pull an alnighter on Sunday to watch city v hammers and Chelsea v utd

icycledough

HSC
LETS FUCKING GOOOO
2-1 MOTHERFUCKERS
MESSI WHO
MBAPPE WHO
NEYMAR WHO
MAN CITY ON TOP
I don't see in all honesty how they can win the Champions League. Yes, they do have brilliant independent players, but it takes far more than that. Like for example, player for player, PSG will absolutely dominate Chelsea, but in regards to manager coaching and players understanding their role, Chelsea come out on top for that. They also have one of the best, if not, the best defenses in the world. 4 goals in 12 PL games ... mental.

DarkOperator618

HSC
I don't see in all honesty how they can win the Champions League. Yes, they do have brilliant independent players, but it takes far more than that. Like for example, player for player, PSG will absolutely dominate Chelsea, but in regards to manager coaching and players understanding their role, Chelsea come out on top for that. They also have one of the best, if not, the best defenses in the world. 4 goals in 12 PL games ... mental.
yea bro, poch just doesn't seem to be a decent fit for psg, judging by how unbelievably stacked the squad is, cus he also gotta manage big egos that typically come with big players

icycledough

HSC
yea bro, poch just doesn't seem to be a decent fit for psg, judging by how unbelievably stacked the squad is, cus he also gotta manage big egos that typically come with big players
True, although, I did hear some rumours about Zidane wanting to manage PSG, and as he's French, that may work in his favour (if Poch ends up going to Manchester United).

DarkOperator618

HSC
True, although, I did hear some rumours about Zidane wanting to manage PSG, and as he's French, that may work in his favour (if Poch ends up going to Manchester United).
poch going to utd seems hella weird

man is gonna snub messi, neymar and mbappe for ronaldo, bruno and maguire

icycledough

HSC
Yh ... Maguire didn't help his own cause by cupping his ears when celebrating against Albania (or whoever it was) and then getting a red card in the next league game against Watford, succumbing to a 4-1 loss (which could have been 5 or 6 if not for De Gea). I really don't see the 80 million justification for someone like him; he definitely wouldn't make it to the other top 4 defenses for sure.

DarkOperator618

HSC
Yh ... Maguire didn't help his own cause by cupping his ears when celebrating against Albania (or whoever it was) and then getting a red card in the next league game against Watford, succumbing to a 4-1 loss (which could have been 5 or 6 if not for De Gea). I really don't see the 80 million justification for someone like him; he definitely wouldn't make it to the other top 4 defenses for sure.
i really don't get why he cupped his ears after scoring itself

that against fuckin Albania

Roy Keane said what we were all thinking that time

icycledough

HSC
Oath, it was so hard to watch him celebrate like that. United's job doesn't get any easier with Chelsea on the weekend (although no Maguire, so they may actually be decent in defence) and then Arsenal the week after.

boombaboom

HSC
ralf rangnick set to join until end of season
fucking great appointment - godfather of gegenpressing
get ten hag in the summer plz

icycledough

HSC
I just looked at the Eredivisie table (where he coaches now), and Ajax are killing it over there. 13 games and only 2 goals conceded, where the next best is 13 conceded. Must be a great coach to get stats like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)