for 2016 Extension 2 English students; roll call (1 Viewer)

ml125

HSC
Whaat!? That sucks! LOOL, try to simultaneously learn Lenz's Law and do your major work at the event! :p
Nah honestly thinking about it I probably wouldn't even use that whole day for study aye, might as well do some EE2 >u> Pretty sure no one from my school would be going, though ;n; History extension is the next day as well and that's literally everyone but me hahaha

Oh well.. would probs be more productive without them there anyway hahaha

whacky

HSC
Nah honestly thinking about it I probably wouldn't even use that whole day for study aye, might as well do some EE2 >u> Pretty sure no one from my school would be going, though ;n; History extension is the next day as well and that's literally everyone but me hahaha

Oh well.. would probs be more productive without them there anyway hahaha
Same here! It's pretty much just me going to the event from my class. How many people do EE2 in your school?

fnawabi98

HSC
Um, so its the beginning of June and I havent actually began my critical essay. Can you guys give me motivation to start, I just feel so lost right now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ml125

HSC
Um, so its the beginning of June and I havent actually began my critical essay. Can you guys give me motivation to start, I just feel so lost right now.

Just go, sit down with a pen and paper or whatever. Right now. Plan out your ideas however you want, then organise them. Then go and make a start - write whatever you can - just whatever comes to mind, then fix it up later. This is probably the hardest part in writing lol.

JUST DO IT.

fnawabi98

HSC
Just go, sit down with a pen and paper or whatever. Right now. Plan out your ideas however you want, then organise them. Then go and make a start - write whatever you can - just whatever comes to mind, then fix it up later. This is probably the hardest part in writing lol.

JUST DO IT.
OK YES i am ready I shall do it, thank you, now that I've promised someone I'll start I might actually do it.

fnawabi98

HSC
Alright guys, what point has everybody reached with their major work? I'm curious to know exactly how much work I'm supposed to be getting done right now.

ml125

HSC
Alright guys, what point has everybody reached with their major work? I'm curious to know exactly how much work I'm supposed to be getting done right now.

I'm a bit more than halfway done.

Everyone else that's doing EE2 at my school is either finished or close to finished with their first draft. .-.

c r i e s

fnawabi98

HSC
I'm a bit more than halfway done.

Everyone else that's doing EE2 at my school is either finished or close to finished with their first draft. .-.

c r i e s
OMG wow, ok I really have to pick my game up. May the odds be in both our favours.

Hooters

HSC
when are your major work drafts due as part of the internal assessment? mine was due this week

fnawabi98

HSC
Hi guys i have a terrible teacher and i would like somebody to tell me exactly what we need to hand in as the draft. Do we need to give in a reflection statement, do we need to include a bibliography, how well is it supposed to be written....yes im seriously behind and im dying so if someone could provide answers id be very thankful

ml125

HSC
Hi guys i have a terrible teacher and i would like somebody to tell me exactly what we need to hand in as the draft. Do we need to give in a reflection statement, do we need to include a bibliography, how well is it supposed to be written....yes im seriously behind and im dying so if someone could provide answers id be very thankful

What we were told to hand in was a draft of the major work and the reflection statement – has to be at least 90% of the minimum word limit for whatever medium you're doing. It's getting marked as a draft so it doesn't have to be complete but I'd say, have the writing itself up to the standard that you'd want to hand in at the end even if there are bits and pieces missing. In the reflection statement make sure you have a clear direction of where you're heading with it if you haven't finished at this stage – basically what I was told to do since not really finished yet. (due tomorrow ;A;) A bibliography wasn't really specified but you might need one depending on the medium you're doing? Probably just do one in case idk.

Didn't you get given a notification or anything for it? It might differ depending on your school so can't be 100% sure.

fnawabi98

HSC
What we were told to hand in was a draft of the major work and the reflection statement – has to be at least 90% of the minimum word limit for whatever medium you're doing. It's getting marked as a draft so it doesn't have to be complete but I'd say, have the writing itself up to the standard that you'd want to hand in at the end even if there are bits and pieces missing. In the reflection statement make sure you have a clear direction of where you're heading with it if you haven't finished at this stage – basically what I was told to do since not really finished yet. (due tomorrow ;A;) A bibliography wasn't really specified but you might need one depending on the medium you're doing? Probably just do one in case idk.

Didn't you get given a notification or anything for it? It might differ depending on your school so can't be 100% sure.
;A; Thank you, and no my teacher did not explain these things to me, as she would rather talk about wool and crime podcasts then my actual future. Ugh, there is so much I need to do, but thank you for giving me a headsup.

ml125

HSC
;A; Thank you, and no my teacher did not explain these things to me, as she would rather talk about wool and crime podcasts then my actual future. Ugh, there is so much I need to do, but thank you for giving me a headsup.

Not sure if this would clarify things any more but here are the instructions that I was given:

In accordance with BOS requirements for chosen medium, the Major Work

draft
submitted
must be at least 90% of the minimum length stipulated. For example, the maximum

length for the critical response is 5,000 words (4,000 minimum), so the submitted draft must be at least

3,600 words. For the short story, minimum length is 5,000 words, so draft must be at least 4,500 words.

You are to also compose a draft reflection statement where you provide an:

 Explanation of the intended purpose and audience of the Major Work

 Explanation of the impact of the extensive independent investigation

 Evaluation of the relationships of concept, structure, technical and language features and conventions

Your draft reflection statement is to be between 750 words and 1500 words (maximum) in total.​

Still working on my draft haha 12 more hours until I need to hand it in :') Going to be way over the word limit at this point, so much to cut out .-.

fnawabi98

HSC
Not sure if this would clarify things any more but here are the instructions that I was given:

In accordance with BOS requirements for chosen medium, the Major Work

draft
submitted
must be at least 90% of the minimum length stipulated. For example, the maximum

length for the critical response is 5,000 words (4,000 minimum), so the submitted draft must be at least

3,600 words. For the short story, minimum length is 5,000 words, so draft must be at least 4,500 words.

You are to also compose a draft reflection statement where you provide an:

 Explanation of the intended purpose and audience of the Major Work

 Explanation of the impact of the extensive independent investigation

 Evaluation of the relationships of concept, structure, technical and language features and conventions

Your draft reflection statement is to be between 750 words and 1500 words (maximum) in total.​

Still working on my draft haha 12 more hours until I need to hand it in :') Going to be way over the word limit at this point, so much to cut out .-.
Omg I wish you good luck, and once again thank you, this has really helped. It feels really evil of me to say that I am so glad others procrastinate to my level as well, but it gives me hope to see other poor souls like me. May we all succeed and do well :)

sliktap

HSC
extension 2 is a horrible subject. Finish my trials a mere two days before it is due and have not managed to complete my reflection statement

ml125

HSC
extension 2 is a horrible subject. Finish my trials a mere two days before it is due and have not managed to complete my reflection statement
I haven't worked on the reflection statement since the draft... ._.

Have to hand it in on Monday to get looked over before final submission to BOSTES ;AAA;;;;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)