For Ppl Who Got BAD/AVERAGE RESULTS! (1 Viewer)

chellzi

HSC
Your school doesn't scale the marks. It depends on how the rest of your school performs in the hsc exams and how you perform. If your school assessment mark is about the same as your performance in the hsc it won't scale up. If your school assessment is higher than your performance in the hsc it may even scale down. Its too hard to try and guess how the scaling will work and just because a subject didn't scale doesn't mean they stuffed up or you got ripped off. Its too complex to try and guess so just be happy with your mark.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i have a question. is it possible to get above 80 uai with only two band fives? i see some people have this case, but i don't know how this years uai will turn out for all of us. and knowing that this year has done so extremely well, it scares me even more.

sykaryce

hmm....
HSC
man...did so shit >_>

1 band 3 (doesnt count i hope), 2 band 4, 2 band E3 and 1 band 5 :(

and SAM gave me 86.55 (need 90) *cries*

reprise

sykaryce said:
man...did so shit >_>

1 band 3 (doesnt count i hope), 2 band 4, 2 band E3 and 1 band 5 :(

and SAM gave me 86.55 (need 90) *cries*

Don't assume that the course cut-offs will be the same as last year.

The year before my son did his HSC, the cut-off for the course he wanted was 91. He got a UAI of 88.77 and a preliminary round offer from another uni. He rejected that offer and EASILY made it into the course he'd originally wanted (his UAI was about in the middle of the range of UAIs of all the students accepted into the course that year).

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
band 4 for every subject... what a fucking waste of 12 years of my life.

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
im an idiot said:
band 4 for every subject... what a fucking waste of 12 years of my life.
Dont forget kindy!! That makes it a waste of 13 years...........lol

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
don't worry guys I know people who got band 2's and 1's....
this thread hasn't shown anyone who has totally flunked it > that's good!

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
i have a question. is it possible to get above 80 uai with only two band fives? i see some people have this case, but i don't know how this years uai will turn out for all of us. and knowing that this year has done so extremely well, it scares me even more.
i have 2 band fives and a band 6 and my other ones are band 4. my estimated uai is 76 .... (which is my lowest mark) I dont understand this UAI

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
some subjects scale up, some down

ah well
I will be happy with my UAI of 70 something , even tho that's a "shit" mark in other people on bos' opinion

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
Adv. English - 76
IPT - 87
Maths - 62
Physics - 70
Music 1 - 91
Entertainment (VET) - 85

IPT and Entertainment i thought id do alot better in.. but for IPT some d!ck in my class bought me down.. he left as soon as the 1st hour was over! I now have virtually no chance of getting into any of the IT courses at UTS now :(

UAI30orless

HSC
Stop it u idots!
Stop being ungrateful...it could be a lot worse.........

Celestgirl

Smoothies
HSC
i got bad enough

i am not really sure about uai in SAM my predicted is 83.80 and in juai 82.96 will it be rounded to 84?? and if my university requires me to have 85 then i will have no chance with only that marks ?? is it like that?

reprise

Celestgirl said:
i am not really sure about uai in SAM my predicted is 83.80 and in juai 82.96 will it be rounded to 84?? and if my university requires me to have 85 then i will have no chance with only that marks ?? is it like that?
The cut-offs change from year to year and from one offer round to the next. Whatever the inital cut-off set by the uni, the uni will keep making offers until the course is filled. In practise, that means that people with a UAI below 85 could still be offered a place in the course if the course was unable to be filled by people with UAIs of 85+ (people defer, change their course preference, decide not to go to uni at al, etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)