• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Forced Abortion (3 Viewers)

Sprangler

HSC
It is still a living creature, regardless of whether it is relying on another. IT IS STILL ALIVE.
This thread is just like the conscription thread with the "hypothetical enemies". It requires specific situations and context, not those very broad ones OP supplied. The fact that the blastocyst or whatever is a living creature doesn't give it a 100% right to be born.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Why does it matter?

You didn't distinguish that before. You just said 'living cells'. There is no guarantee of life with an embryo.
Well there definitely isn't if you're just gunna kill it off the first chance you get. Or be forced to in the case of the original question.

This thread is just like the conscription thread with the "hypothetical enemies". It requires specific situations and context, not those very broad ones OP supplied. The fact that the blastocyst or whatever is a living creature doesn't give it a 100% right to be born.
Doesn't everyone have a right to life?

Sprangler

HSC
Well there definitely isn't if you're just gunna kill it off the first chance you get. Or be forced to in the case of the original question.

Why? Where are you getting this idea from?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

I don't particularly agree with forced abortion, but I can't argue with idiots that believe life begins at conception.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I don't particularly agree with forced abortion, but I can't argue with idiots that believe life begins at conception.
But people have to, or the imbreds will take reign and claim life begins when the sperm begins to jingle.

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
And that's fair enough. We evidently all have different points of view, most of which don't agree with mine - evident from the amount I was just negged :p

You don't agree with forced abortion, do you agree with abortion in general? Or are you like most people, such as myself, who believe it depends entirely on the situation?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
And that's fair enough. We evidently all have different points of view, most of which don't agree with mine - evident from the amount I was just negged :p

You don't agree with forced abortion, do you agree with abortion in general? Or are you like most people, such as myself, who believe it depends entirely on the situation?
Wait...

Abortion is Murder.

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
There may be some situations in which the subject of abortion may arise, such as if the girl in question was raped resulting in a pregnancy, or if the baby had a syndrome which meant they may not be able to survive outside the womb, or if the mother is in direct danger because of the pregnancy, but terminating a life without a real reason, such as those mentioned by you, is murder.
Seriously. READ MY POSTS.

Jade is a batshit crazy christian.
No. I just have morals.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Do you really think that people who don't think life starts at conception are immoral?

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Do you really think that people who don't think life starts at conception are immoral?
I took BBJ's comment to mean that I was a "Batshit crazy christian" because I'm against abortion, NOT because i think life begins at the moment of conception.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I took BBJ's comment to mean that I was a "Batshit crazy christian" because I'm against abortion, NOT because i think life begins at the moment of conception.
Then let me rephrase; do you think that it's immoral not to be against abortion?

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Abortion is immoral, IN MY OPINION. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you're an immoral/bad person. It means we have different views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)