Formal Thread (pics, websites, ideas, thoughts) (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Because i've been invited to three different formals.

I don't think having different accessories for each night would make a difference as there will be photographers who would post photos on Facebook where everyone will see me wearing the same dress 3 times lol.

Isn't that the same thing to what Blue said?
Oh see, Blue said 'guy friends' implying friend zone. I said 'suitors', implying - they want you to be their girlfriend or whatever it is these days with formal dates and whatnot...

MysteryGenius

HSC
... yes because every guy who takes a female partner to the formal wants to be her boyfriend. geez lol what blue suede said was perfectly fine. besides, the 'friend zone' stuff is all bullshit anyway.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
... yes because every guy who takes a female partner to the formal wants to be her boyfriend. geez lol what blue suede said was perfectly fine. besides, the 'friend zone' stuff is all bullshit anyway.
perhaps. who knows what sorts of dastardly and perhaps innocent things are in the minds of those guys

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
It depends a bit on your school. My school, heaps of people went long in yr 10, cocktail yr 11, and a mix of long and cocktail in yr 12.

As for me, my dresses got shorter each year haha
For year 11 we got a boat informal and we dress up in costumes and all that :D
I was thinking probably longer for year 12

I liked the second one in that picture :) I'm still browsing on what to wear because i'm going to attend 3 formals so I need to have 3 different dresses -_- Where is your formal?
Yeah it was my original choice :) You could just buy a lbd and dress it up with diff shoes hair etc, srsly noone's gonna judge you if you do that. You could wear a nicer dress for your own school formal though idk
damn 3 formals! I haven't even go a date for my own yet LOL
Mine's at Sebel Pier, you?

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Is anybody having or had a formal after party? our grade wants to plan one but we dunno what to do

mirakon

nigga
HSC
only volunteer your house if you can cope with the high possibility of it getting trashed

RANK 1

HSC
dont volunteer your house, bring it up as a suggestion and chances are that someone will take one for the team and have it at theirs. or you can suggest some names and get people to peer pressure a person to host it

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
yeah someone in my grade might host it but i think they're gonna pussy out of it :( if so then we might book a hotel or something just for a small group of us? but idk, is that too pricey?

HSC
N/A
my formal dress came. I don't know how I feel about it.

It looks completely different to what I thought i bought :cry:
I don't dislike it, but I don't really like it either. Sorta neutral. I'm not sure if it's formal enough for formal. My shoes are a tad small too, so i'm not sure if I should swap for a larger size or keep it.

Last edited:

wavess

HSC
my formal dress came. I don't know how I feel about it.

It looks completely different to what I thought i bought :cry:
I don't dislike it, but I don't really like it either. Sorta neutral. I'm not sure if it's formal enough for formal. My shoes are a tad small too, so i'm not sure if I should swap for a larger size or keep it.
It's really pretty, it is formal enough, its because you havent done your hair or make up yet and you havent added accessories and a clutch. Trust me when all that is done, you're dress will look formal!

HSC
N/A
It's really pretty, it is formal enough, its because you havent done your hair or make up yet and you havent added accessories and a clutch. Trust me when all that is done, you're dress will look formal!
what sort of accessories and clutch should I get?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
first mistake:

buying a long dress as a short girl

(>implying I know anything about dresses)

HSC
N/A
I can always get it taken up a few cm from the bottom, but I don't think it's that much of a problem that it needs alteration. HSC period has made my thighs balloon, and I sorta wanted to hide it until I slimmed down.

It's year 12 formal, too! Everyone has a long dress :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)