• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Format for central material (1 Viewer)

nadsy92

HSC
I am beginning to write my central material and i really need help on how to format the chapters...

does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks

nadsy92

HSC
look there have been 4 views and no replies...i really need help, if your not gonna help, then dont look

Roxy.always

HSC
Okay, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this but I will try and help.
You're meant to divide your hypothesis into specific sections to look at which become your chapters. It's hard to explain when I don't know what you're topic is.
Chapter One - Introduce, (depending on your topic) you may include background information. This is usually made up of secondary information but remember to back up with methodologies when possible.
Chapter Two - e.g. looking at the specific technological mediums of language and how they differ
Chapter Three - e.g. the social impacts of the Casualisation of Language - whether it is good/bad

Hope this helps. I would advise you to go to the NSW State Library and look at the top PIPs which have won prizes.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Musko

HSC
hi :)

okay in the first chapter, maybe try to address an aspect that is in your introduction?? like elaborate on what your topic is really about, and remember to support it with primary and secondary research. try to split up what is in your introduction (your aims for the PIP) into sub groups/ subtopics that will help you get to this conclusion, or lead you on the path to it.
and really just start writting, thats the best advice. once you start writting, it usually flows, and it dosent have to be perfect yet.
so yeah. i hope that helped a little bit, sorry if it didnt
good luck!

nadsy92

HSC
Did it ever occur to you people have to open your thread to know whats in it? Some people might just not know how to help you, theres no need to be so rude.

Have you looked at this?
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ject-discussions/77595/guide-writing-pip.html

i wasn't being rude, i apologise if you took it that way. i was just getting frustrated. thanks for your help but i already have been given that guide by my teacher and it doesnt help you like it helps you for the intro and conclusion...thats what i was looking for.

nadsy92

HSC
hi :)

okay in the first chapter, maybe try to address an aspect that is in your introduction?? like elaborate on what your topic is really about, and remember to support it with primary and secondary research. try to split up what is in your introduction (your aims for the PIP) into sub groups/ subtopics that will help you get to this conclusion, or lead you on the path to it.
and really just start writting, thats the best advice. once you start writting, it usually flows, and it dosent have to be perfect yet.
so yeah. i hope that helped a little bit, sorry if it didnt
good luck!

thankyou...i really appreciate your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)